Adding the Ability to use tranquilizer as SS.
(03-18-2013, 07:19 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: -/+ support

While tranquilizer guns as SS is a small step towards passive roleplay, it is really overpowered. SS have handcuffs, tazers, riot shields, rams, and more.

While you can get a few of these things as any other class, riot shields, rams, and quite a few other things cannot be achived by most classes. Not to mention SS spawn with a M4A1 or UMP45. Every other class does not.

I wouldn't say over powered since I bet not as many people will be able to afford tranqs or take the risk of death and loosing them.
Why is everyone saying tranqs make them more powerful? They have snipers, and from what I know tranqs are a lesser ammo. How in anyway is a tranqulizer dart more powerful than a lead bullet?

Not to mention the argument that the government being given access to a players own inventory will make them overpowered is completely false.

If a man who has military training and experience, or just high level police training cant use somthing as simple as a Tranq rifle, why then is it not overpowered that unemployed people,chefs, chaufers, etc with little to no training, why is it not overpowered that everyone else who does not work for the government has access to these weapons and equipment and that those who are the most qualified dont.

What sense does it even make to place some arbitrary restriction on the people who it makes the most sense to have access this equipment?

One can also not use the "It will be abused" statement, as everyone else already has access to it, and while it does in small amounts get abused, the SS having access to it would not generate an explosion in the amount of times it is abused.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 5 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • buffalobagingi, fuz3_r3tro, ChrilLe, Toxic, Verenikin
Any more +supports or -supports, been kinda inactive on this thread.
+Support
If anyone is going to -support, they should kindly explain why. Many thanks.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
-Support.

SS are supposed to protect the president which means they follow him closely and attack anyone who tries to assassinate him. They aren't the one passively neutralizing the threat, the police officers uses tazers to do that. Their job is to protect the president and that's it. Stays in the Nexus to protect the president and rarely leaves the Nexus' lobby unless the president want to go somewhere. I don't think the SS will do a good job in using a long-range incapacitating weapon in a small corridor where the president's office is. It would be more useful for government official who spend most of their time outside.
(03-21-2013, 03:15 AM)THByro Wrote: -Support.

SS are supposed to protect the president which means they follow him closely and attack anyone who tries to assassinate him. They aren't the one passively neutralizing the threat, the police officers uses tazers to do that. Their job is to protect the president and that's it. Stays in the Nexus to protect the president and rarely leaves the Nexus' lobby unless the president want to go somewhere. I don't think the SS will do a good job in using a long-range incapacitating weapon in a small corridor where the president's office is. It would be more useful for government official who spend most of their time outside.

Completely wrong, their primary goal is to serve high risk warrants, and their secondary is the protection of the president. He does not need 24/7 security following him around, and if he feels that way, he can hire personal guards or wait until the SS are not busy.

You have no idea how many times ive seen a call go through where SS are needed due to rebels/cores or whoever fireing on officers, killing many of them, but they cant leave because they for some reason have it in their head that their primary goal in life is to protect the president and that hes forceing them to stay with him at all times.

They are a S.W.A.T team first, and a personal guard second
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(03-21-2013, 03:15 AM)THByro Wrote: -Support.

The Special Service is not Secret Service. Special Service is a S.W.A.T Team who also is the the Presidents personal guard second secondly as BlackDog said.
Yeah, if they can use snipers then why not tranqs?
+support
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:29168554&b=9]