Have Some Respect
A developed vocabulary always helps. When you baffle and confuse them with words they don't understand they tend to go quiet.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Rozzok
(01-29-2013, 10:05 AM)Doomdude1 Wrote: The thing that annoys me a bit (I work with children from time to time IRL, used to the snotty brats) is when I get called for a case, the case is getting resolved, suddenly - the caller stands behind me and starts being "professional" - "Yeah admin, from my experience that's a one day ban and a two-hour blacklist"... the person has 20 hours.

That and when they try to act clever, thinking they will get away/get someone banned because they know a lot of long words and can spell properly.

Yeah, good thing we don't get easily fooled and let us rule by people who has a broaded vocabulary.
(01-29-2013, 09:51 AM)Equalizer Wrote: Show them that you are the mature one by ignoring them.

That doesn't really work all the time, really.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
Well, I have to handle my stress with them because sometimes they tell me what do to (and most of the time, they got between 0-25 hours) and it's getting very annoying! I rarely met young (around 10-13 yo) and mature players. Each of them is unique and can not be considered in the same way.
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
Ignore them and kids tend to follow you crying about how you are ignoring them.
Screaming down the microphone when they get tased.
Spamming pms to you because they lost their expensive pistol.
Doing things because THEY want to, because it's fun for THEM.
Thinking they are cool by swearing and acting big.

One day without this would be the happiest day of my life.
Lead by example.
This definetly is true, younger people often have not learned to gain respect or discipline for certain members, often it is jealousy, because these experienced players are more advanced.

What I often do when they tell me what to do, or tell me that I am misbehaving, FailRPing or anything like that when I certainly am not, is:
  • First case, ignore them.
  • Tell them to not tell me what to do since I know what I am doing.
  • Citate the laws, if they are telling me that I am doing something wrong.

Still, these people are often very annoying, but maybe if we respect them before they have a chance at disrespecting us, they could gain respect for others. I am not telling anybody that they are not showing any respect, but this might help.

Ofcourse, I keep in mind that this often is impossible.

Kind regards,
Whoopie

EDIT: I am quite young myself, so I might sound weird now.. Well, I have been around for a while.
Kind regards,
Whoopie
[Image: mxh.gif]
Rate Me.
The following 1 user Likes whoopie's post:
  • Niimo
We have great examples of young players here, the age means nothing at all.

I encounter people with deep voices telling me to eff off, simply cause I banned his friend.
The following 2 users Like Narc's post:
  • whoopie, Niimo
I try to bring all hell down on them with intelligence and bannings from the city.

Then I record them screaming, Put it on you-tube for the lulz.
The following 1 user Likes Warior135's post:
  • Alejandro
(01-29-2013, 12:17 PM)Narcotic Wrote: We have great examples of young players here, the age means nothing at all.

I encounter people with deep voices telling me to eff off, simply cause I banned his friend.

One answer...

*waves hands around*

Voice changer...
(01-29-2013, 12:23 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(01-29-2013, 12:17 PM)Narcotic Wrote: We have great examples of young players here, the age means nothing at all.

One answer...

*waves hands around*

Voice changer...

Hahahaha Tounge