My amazing story about playing on this craptastic server
My government has gone to far. Has gotten to corrupt. People think they can do whatever they want whenever they changed their job to dictator. Whenever a dictatorship is ran properly the city should be a sacred place for citizens. But with these men trying to duplicate this they have made it disastrous. Some do it well dont get me wrong, but it honestly seems like there are more dictators than normal presidents. Everyone wonders why? The main reason in my opinion is what Tomorrow said, "Money". That is it. People enjoy making stupid rules and getting over 1000$ every paycheck.

Why must everyone ruin a fun thing? It is horrid. But I agree with Temar here. Dictatorships have gotten WAY OUT OF HAND.
Examples of super über stupid dictatorship:
Taxes are raised because a) I need a new toilet. b) I want some drinks c) I don't need reason
Next things are banned a) cars. b) sex c) suits d) female
Anyone inside nexus (not even behind counter) gets instantly arrested!
Rebels and Corleone are banned because a) I don't like them b)I'm afraid they will kill me
From now on Contraband is allowed (although it never is allowed)

Etc etc
You see president doing super stupid laws try and post them for FailRPing or convince them to stop this crap
I think this is not a rage message, but a message with some valid points.

I've also been arrested 2 times in a row for jaywalking, while I just crossed the street without using the zebra path. This really should not a reason to get arrested, but this should be a warning or small fine. It was freaking annoying.

Also banning cars from city is very annoying. Why would you ban them if you have streets there? Also people won't be able to refill their car this way.

The arrest system I want to redo completely in Gmod13, so that you don't teleport etc. I made a suggestion about this a very long time ago.

I think we should add the following permanent laws:
- Jaywalking will result in a warning/fine from a government official.
- Cars are legal to be driven in city.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(09-24-2012, 10:15 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: I think we should add the following permanent laws:

Please do
I must agree with Fultzy and Tomorrow, some dictatorships can be horrid. Badly RP-ed and a sad, sad excuse for tax whoring. But not all of them are horrible and putting limitations might stifle someone's creativity, and result in less colourful RPs.
On Tomorrow's comment:
1. Taxes can be raised as much as he wants if he has a proper RP reason (Now, this is the trickiest rule about Presidents, and many, many abuse it. A lot of players see this rule as a fail-safe mechanism. They are allowed to make the taxes as high as they like, yet they cannot be raided for them, as that would result in raids out of spite)
2. He can ban anything if he wants to, again if it's not in collision with permanent laws (I personally banned hugs and suffered a raid for it, after which I was threatened at gunpoint to make hugs legal... They were made legal)
3. It is considered trespassing if you are not with the government and caught behind the lobby reception table, thus they are free to arrest you ( As Dark Shadowfall said: "Ignorance isn't an excuse", it's stated in the rules)
4. If they are banned without reason, it's bad RP. (If the Rebels/Corleones burn down a store and kill 2 officers on the streets they should be banned without any further deliberation.)
5. No President can break the permanent laws. (If you see one doing that, report him to an admin. He also cannot order his officers and SS agents to break the server rules. That is also subject to you calling an admin.)

(On the list above, this is no way anything pointed at you Tomorrow, it's just that you made a simple list, easy to follow and I wanted to clarify my views on that, really nothing personal)

Also, if you dislike the way someone rules (as stated many times previously in this thread) do something about it. But, first asses the situation.
Does the President show RP experience? (You can see that from his laws and the way he broadcasts them)
Does he show signs of will to cooperate? (One of the rarest things seen about any ruler, but they might be willing to see to reason)
And last... the excuse I hate the most... *takes a deep breath*
How many hours does he have? (I really, really hate this one because I was a decent RP player at 0 hours, this was not my first RP game. I've noticed that that is not the general case, and that simply judging the players hours is a safe bet [What have I become?] )

Here is an example of how players fail to rise up against the government: I was a "Bipolar Ruler" once and it was fun for me, not so much for the people. Events started spiralling out of control until the result was 3 bodies hanging in the main street (of v2d), being set on fire for everyone to see. (Thanks Holdem and Vauld, you made is special) Did anyone rise up against me? No. I had one raid at the start of my reign, when there was no police or SS (The hug issue). I ended up peacefully resigning. There was no formed resistance, the Rebels did not do anything major.

I am in no way trying to justify bad Presidents, hell even I occasionally get pissed at them, but I try to form a resistance or something, not complain in OOC (If they are sticking to the rules, that is).

Finally, I do agree that something should be done about Presidents and their rule, I just feel that a closer look at the current reigns from the admins currently online will solve more issues and calm the people down. Just cementing rules about Presidential conduct will result in more and more copy-paste Presidents.

Sorry about the long post, had to get it out of my system.

P.S. If I am mistaken about anything, I am truly sorry, feel free to correct me.
I too have fallen victim to stupid money whores. The other day I "jaywalked" (Ran across the road to the metro cafe) got tazed, cuffed and then the cop demanded 100 dollars, I think thats way too much for running across the road.
The only thing that sustains me is my satanic lust for rep
(09-24-2012, 11:35 AM)Spud Wrote: I too have fallen victim to stupid money whores. The other day I "jaywalked" (Ran across the road to the metro cafe) got tazed, cuffed and then the cop demanded 100 dollars, I think thats way too much for running across the road.

Well, I disagree with that statement. A hundred dollars is barely money on the server, you can literally buy NOTHINg for a hundred bucks. A fine is a punishment, not something you should be able to pay off with the change found under your couch. I would probably have given you a fine on a lot more.
(09-24-2012, 10:15 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: I think we should add the following permanent laws:

Oh please, yes.
Want to know what doesn't make sense?
If you ban cars from the city what carm can it do if people don't use the crosswalks? ( Zebrapaths )
It just doesn't sense, just antoher reasont o randomly arrest someone.
What I do whenever I am dictator is this. If I am watching constant reckless driving within city boundaries and people dying I ban cars. Banning cars for the lolz is just stupid and is something most fail dictators do.

Also I dont understand why everyone has such a fit about the Jaywalking. Everyone knows what jaywalking is and that it is avoided by walking on the zebra paths. It isnt hard to avoid Jaywalking at all. The only people arrested for jaywalking are people too damn lazy to make their character walk over to the zebra paths at every intersection. If I am a so called dictator and announce that all crimes are punished to the maximum penalty with an opportunity to pay bail to the officers at the prisons then that is just like a fine. I think it is even more of a clearer warning to the people. If you know the laws then why do you still break them?
(09-24-2012, 10:15 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: The arrest system I want to redo completely in Gmod13, so that you don't teleport etc. I made a suggestion about this a very long time ago.

I think we should add the following permanent laws:

Regarding the teleporting of people to the jails,

I think this saves the hassle of what a lot of players try to do such as resisting arrest or attempting to run away under FearRP. Maybe implementing a drag body animation instead of actually ridding of teleporting completely.

I'd like to comment a bit on these:

- Jaywalking has been a permalaw for quite a while now and people choose not to follow it. Otherwise the times that I personally have issued fines and warnings, people just pay the money and then do it later. That usually leads to the banning of jaywalking and an arrest due to the tiresome efforts of my police force. Jaywalking laws are laws that people have to learn how to follow properly especially for their own safety.

- Cars are usually banned by me after people jaywalk and I have witnessed several people CDMed. Therefore I usually issue a warning and the second offense is an impound along with an arrest. Again this is usually put in for the safety of the citizens and it abused by both the police and the players.