What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(03-09-2022, 06:33 PM)RoCKy Wrote: I have joined FL in 2016 or so.. which means I was like 12 years old. Now I am 17. I have met so many new people there and we are still holding the connection even though we don’t play FL anymore. I wished I had more time for Fearless, roleplaying, doing some raids with the boys and just having fun. This was the best time ever. 

Sadly I think we got to a point where we can see that the management doesn’t even know anymore what to do. They are trying everything but it doesn’t change anything. I know it’s quite hard to find a solution for this problem. I don’t know how much energy the team puts into reviving FL.. I can understand that tho, when there almost no hope anymore then the energy gets lost. 

In my opinion there is nothing to reach for the majority of the players FL has. Players have so much money, it’s insane. 

I think the best would be to have a completely new Content Change and setting everything back. Having the Server closed for like a month or as long as the developers need time to set up everything. 

New Cars, New ways to get money, maybe other contraband system, weed system, New Playermodels… like everything needs to be changed. I am sure not everyone is a fan of this idea.. but I guess this would help a lot.
This is EXACTLY how I feel and what I was trying to say. The server has been the same for years. People have achieved literally everything from money to a full inventory of goodies. Soul ripper made a good point about this as well. Its time for a change, and not a map change. A big change. New ways to get money, better car selection, etc. It's fair to say people most likely got bored of the server. It's time for a much needed upgrade. Instead of worrying about attracting new players let's worry about attracting the ones we already have like in the discord or the steam group. After that we then can worry about new players. I think doing this would definitely do the job. Then maybe people would be encouraged to not only play again but possibly make content and promote the server. We've all seen people do it already over the years, especially with Kevin. It took 14 years for people to get bored of the server. Imagine what a big update could do for the server. It could potentially last another 14 years.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
The following 2 users Like Tim's post:
  • RoCKy, Self
FL had always problems and it will always have some but i think it will return (hope) some people are probably not that interested because content takes forever to arrive and its so rare to get rp points that you dont even have hope i youst got lucky but they are sometimes really anoying like the swat van 5?? the bus 5??? i think thats it but yeah the community will decide and time will tell
The following 1 user Likes Police Driver's post:
  • Tim
(02-23-2022, 11:29 AM)DVN Wrote: Bringing back the old staff team won't change anything. Constant new content won't change anything. New maps won't change anything.

The team needs to go back to basics.

How do we get new people on the server and how do we get them to stay.

As others have mentioned, FL on the server list simply isn't compelling enough so that's something that needs looking into asap.

FL does no form of marketing (of what I'm aware). Look at the GTA RP servers using TikTok and other platforms to prospect to new potential players.

What is the player experience like from 0-10 hours on average. What are they able to do. What do they get?

How do we move 'players' on the server to 'community members' with a vested interest? Are there any incentives to join discord, the forums etc.
New content woud not help?? Sure it woud i woud join on youst to see or drive the new vehicle we dont only need new maps we need more stuff
The following 2 users Like Police Driver's post:
  • Tim, Self
(03-09-2022, 06:33 PM)RoCKy Wrote: I have joined FL in 2016 or so.. which means I was like 12 years old. Now I am 17. I have met so many new people there and we are still holding the connection even though we don’t play FL anymore. I wished I had more time for Fearless, roleplaying, doing some raids with the boys and just having fun. This was the best time ever. 

Sadly I think we got to a point where we can see that the management doesn’t even know anymore what to do. They are trying everything but it doesn’t change anything. I know it’s quite hard to find a solution for this problem. I don’t know how much energy the team puts into reviving FL.. I can understand that tho, when there almost no hope anymore then the energy gets lost. 

In my opinion there is nothing to reach for the majority of the players FL has. Players have so much money, it’s insane. 

I think the best would be to have a completely new Content Change and setting everything back. Having the Server closed for like a month or as long as the developers need time to set up everything. 

New Cars, New ways to get money, maybe other contraband system, weed system, New Playermodels… like everything needs to be changed. I am sure not everyone is a fan of this idea.. but I guess this would help a lot.

Well said, i dont think the main issue is about the money, i think the main issue is how majority of the server has changed, looking back at FL in 2017, it was in such a good state, max players daily. Looking at it now, its poor, mainly because of how the content was changed. After the weapons, kevlar and healing items changed everyone dipped. 

It obviously isnt just "content" that has made everyone lose interest, majority of people now have jobs, and proper lives, and we all grew out of FL, we all moved on. I hate to say it but im not sure that i can see FL getting revived at this stage, i feel as its just too late.
The following 3 users Like Flame..'s post:
  • Wolven, Self, Tim
(03-11-2022, 09:38 PM)Flame.. Wrote: After the weapons, kevlar and healing items changed everyone dipped. 

Completely wrong and you know it, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean others didn't. There was a long term increase in players after those changes, not decrease. The current situation has nothing to do with changes that literally happened years ago now and it's just dumb to try say there's any correlation.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-11-2022, 11:12 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 09:38 PM)Flame.. Wrote: After the weapons, kevlar and healing items changed everyone dipped. 

Completely wrong and you know it, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean others didn't. There was a long term increase in players after those changes, not decrease. The current situation has nothing to do with changes that literally happened years ago now and it's just dumb to try say there's any correlation.

Calling people dumb isn't exactly a great way to inspire the community through this lol, even if you don't agree.

One of the biggest issues is self evident.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 6 users Like Link's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Nadrickk, Lewwings, User 21796, Flame.., Nacreas

Referring back to the title of this thread and considering there are 0/50 players on the server I think its only right to hear what people have to say.

I've jumped on the server a few times in the past year in hope that'd I'd re-gain interest, however for me there's a lacking in freshness whether that's game mode or content - I'm still unsure.

Garry's Mod is very much alive and there are thriving Dark RP servers and other roleplay servers out there that have amazing player bases. I think it's only right to take note on what they do differently to us.

I think marketing is also a good issue to address, re-iterating what DVN said above; expanding to TikTok and other social media platforms in areas where GMod and RP is prominent!

This community in 2022 definitely feels like tumbleweed. It is hard to see it re-energise to the times of pre-2018 or whenever we had full servers last. This game-mode is overdue a massive scale overhaul with unique innovation. As it stands this server is dead, and I think the only way to continue Fearless (as a community) is to start something fresh. Whatever that is, it is crucial that a team of enthusiastic individuals take it forward.
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
The following 4 users Like Ivan Tempski's post:
  • Self, Boonan, Lewwings, Flame..

The server and community is at a state where your ignorance and insultive behaviour isnt quite the leading way to make anything better. I think it's better to spend your energy trying to save this place, rather working against it Smile

I think the staff team should look at all the comments in this thread, and listen to it. People definiately got some things right. And it's up to you guys to fix it - Or give it up, and pass the torch to someone, who can and will save it.
The following 1 user Likes Nadrickk's post:
  • Tim
(03-12-2022, 07:08 AM)M0x Wrote:

The server and community is at a state where your ignorance and insultive behaviour isnt quite the leading way to make anything better. I think it's better to spend your energy trying to save this place, rather working against it Smile

I think the staff team should look at all the comments in this thread, and listen to it. People definiately got some things right. And it's up to you guys to fix it - Or give it up, and pass the torch to someone, who can and will save it.

I'm sorry but trying to say I'm ignorant of the current situation is extremely ironic considering I'm one of the few who have always cared and are trying. Sure I'm going to probably get too passionate about things and too defensive but that's because I do care and I've shown that. I've replied to this thread several times, I even made an announcement to tell people to discuss stuff here. I read everything here and on the discord. I've actively talked to several on the team daily to get stuff going while also working on a project myself. I get you all can't see what's going on behind the scenes and that you probably don't know me at all either, but it’s just annoying to see anyone assume I don't care. Especially if it's literally because of one post where I said something was dumb and it ignores everything I've done. I probably should've never posted it anyway and it was just out of frustration, but that's not exactly important now.

The current state of the server isn't great. That doesn't mean it's impossible to recover, we have been through worse and have come out of it. It's going to be difficult because issues are significantly more complex than it may seem but that doesn't mean we won't try. We'll obviously massively appreciate anyone who helps, a lot on this thread has been useful for me to try plan a way forward with help from a few others
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-12-2022, 10:02 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 07:08 AM)M0x Wrote:

The server and community is at a state where your ignorance and insultive behaviour isnt quite the leading way to make anything better. I think it's better to spend your energy trying to save this place, rather working against it Smile

I'm sorry but trying to say I'm ignorant of the current situation is extremely ironic considering I'm one of the few who have always cared and are trying. Sure I'm going to probably get too passionate about things and too defensive but that's because I do care and I've shown that. I've replied to this thread several times, I even made an announcement to tell people to discuss stuff here. I read everything here and on the discord. I've actively talked to several on the team daily to get stuff going while also working on a project myself. I get you all can't see what's going on behind the scenes and that you probably don't know me at all either, but it’s just annoying to see anyone assume I don't care. Especially if it's literally because of one post where I said something was dumb and it ignores everything I've done. I probably should've never posted it anyway and it was just out of frustration, but that's not exactly important now.

The current state of the server isn't great. That doesn't mean it's impossible to recover, we have been through worse and have come out of it. It's going to be difficult because issues are significantly more complex than it may seem but that doesn't mean we won't try. We'll obviously massively appreciate anyone who helps, a lot on this thread has been useful for me to try plan a way forward with help from a few others

What a sack of dogshit you are.

https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?ti...ght=Kevlar
https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?ti...ght=Kevlar

Two threads asking the COMMUNITY what they wanted, community NEVER wanted these dogshit kevlar changes or weapon changes.
Only person wanted it was PolluxRP because Pollux and his friends would get fucked in aggressiveRP with the old weapons so had to change it to give them a change. Utter fucking joke how you got SA but now you in your God complex as Divey really couldn't give a fuck anymore nor do the other SA's.

And NOW you have your wish, here is PolluxRP and as we can clearly see, no-one fucking likes it lmao!

Oh, and funny thing, after this thread goes up your first thing to do to improve the server is... CHANGE THE MAP Cheese BRUH , what is it with your 1head brain that changing a map is a retarded idea. Fuck me, did you not learn from the x10 times you change the map and no-one fucking cares?

FL will never be the same with morons like this that somehow get in charge.