Hong Kong passes film censorship law
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-59047633

Hong Kong's legislature has passed a new law banning films deemed to violate China's national security interests, the latest blow to freedom of expression in the territory.

Speaking as someone living in HK, this pisses me off. I can understand a "national security law", most countries have something of the sort. But this? Jfc. I guess it's no surprise, though.
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
Why are you living in Hong Kong?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(10-27-2021, 12:10 PM)Haarek Wrote: Why are you living in Hong Kong?

University
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 1 user Likes Archer's post:
  • Haarek
What do you expect? During the height of the pandemic the Chinese essentially coerced Hong Kong so they are in essence fully under Chinese rule...
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
Tbh though, surely that isn't that many movies ?

Think about it, all the good movies.always come with hard coded Chinese subtitles.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-27-2021, 11:48 AM)Archer Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-59047633

Hong Kong's legislature has passed a new law banning films deemed to violate China's national security interests, the latest blow to freedom of expression in the territory.

Speaking as someone living in HK, this pisses me off. I can understand a "national security law", most countries have something of the sort. But this? Jfc. I guess it's no surprise, though.

say goodbye to your social credit score
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
-20 social credits and -4 gaming hours for you Mr. Turkish. Continue with such insolence and you will be deported.