The Virus
Information 
Hey guys! 

I just wanted to see how you all can live with the current situation in your country. Do you have strict lockdowns aswell? Are you getting annoyed of this situation? Can you imagine a life without mask? etc...

Here is my view of it.

In my opinion it is sad to see that everything is being taken away from the teens right now. They should be at partys, clubs and just live their life. But they are just inside and can’t do much. It’s actually our time right now where we could be kind of free.

The Vaccine... There is no „You have to get it“ but indirectly there is. Do you think you will be allowed to travel sooner or later without a vaccine? I think not. What about the corona-virus-tests? I think they are useless. Even if you get tested it is still possible that the virus is in you but it hasn’t effected your body yet which will automatically make the test to a 'negative test'. Hours or days later you might be positive again. 
On the other side... it is good to know if you are positive or not. 

Another point to the vaccine. As you all know, there are always new mutations coming.. Do you think that the vaccine will help against every single different mutation?

Lets turn media off...

Imagine we would turn off now the whole media. The News, every social media, TVs, etc. and let’s say that we would have turned off these things before the virus. Since the virus is like any other illness which effects your body in a bad way... we would never know that there is virus going arround right now. 

You are opening the newspaper... Corona Virus, Deaths, Infected people, etc. It’s crazy how people get that much scared of numbers. Of numbers which they type in a statistic. Do you guys remember when they used to say that there are body’s laying around on the ground in brasil or in other countries which are not that strong like the EU or the US? I have got friends everywhere on the world and they don’t agree to these statements at all. 

Hunger in Africa...

I know that there are locations in africa where there are people who die of famine. My mum has been traveling to africa haven’t seen any single person which is unhappy there. They are happy without all the stuff we have. It’s usually that they die of illnesses like malaria or something else which makes them very thin and can’t stand up because they are not strong enough. 

Do you guys eat a lot when you feel very ill and lay in bed? I think the majority won’t eat that much when they are ill.. and it’s the same in africa. They just have really bad viruses there which is not being speaken of.

————————-

Anyway.. Thats just my point of view and just showed you that we shouldn’t speak after the media. Just look out of your window and see how people are sad even though the earth is more than fine. 
Sunny weather.. but we just feel extremely bad because of something we are reading. 
I wrote this all because I wanted that people start thinking and asking themselve what makes sense here.

Thank you for reading
~RoCKy

Just watch with your own eyes.. not with the eyes of others.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
The following 6 users Like RoCKy's post:
  • Blaz, jhayw, Self, Grizzly, Ratatoskrr, Strange Neo
(02-22-2021, 12:00 PM)RoCKy Wrote: In my opinion it is sad to see that everything is being taken away from the teens right now. They should be at partys, clubs and just live their life. But they are just inside and can’t do much. It’s actually our time right now where we could be kind of free.

This hit home hard, I was starting to get out a lot more right before the pandemic and having that all stripped away from me hurt. Starting college to meet new people, going out with mates, going to gigs - stuff I was just starting to do more and more and now it's all gone, and probably won't come back for a considerable amount of time.

Govt here in the UK is discussing rapid tests on the doors of venues like bars, clubs and gigs from what I've heard, would be a massive step in the right direction to get us back to normal. Just hope everyone gets the vaccine nice and quickly so we can start lifting restrictions - I'm so sick of this lockdown now, I'm sure lots of people feel the same.

My view probably seems quite selfish in comparison to the goals of the government, but being a young person this is the sort of thing I enjoy doing and I'm confident there are other people reading this thread that feel a similar way.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 4 users Like jhayw's post:
  • RoCKy, Grizzly, Suarez, Ratatoskrr
Just been stuck at home for too long. I have basically missed all of my college experience. That really sucks. My mental health is fine I just stress that online learning is getting me nowhere and is just ruining future opportunities.

The worst part for sure is the time I am losing, I entered the pandemic as a 17 year old and I am 20 next year, where is it all going? Yeah games keep me entertained and I have work to complete. I suppose my social life isn't awful either it is just having to wake up every single morning to a monotonous routine over and over and over again.

I just want stuff to open back up, like restaurants and cinemas. Most of all sports facilities, I really love swimming but I haven't been in a pool once for like a year now. Travelling as well, I just want to be able to go abroad. But right now even leaving my borough in the London is a fineable offence. I went on a bike ride last weekend to get some fresh air but my mates said I should never stop in one place for too long because I would get stopped and possibly fined. It all just seems so surreal, a year on and I am still shocked by what is going on.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
The following 1 user Likes Grizzly's post:
  • Strange Neo
I think a lot of you don't realise that you're in lockdown to save your health service from being overwhelmed which will result in many more deaths if it happens. The lockdowns have been lifted once hospitals are fine and go back in once they're about to be overwhelmed. It's how it's going to be till vaccine gets rolled out more and I'm fine with the lockdowns till then as it does save lives.

Even if you have no risk of dying to covid, it doesn't mean you get away with it perfectly fine. We still don't fully know the effects of "long covid" apart from it does effect the lungs of some people quite badly even if they survive or didn't have much of a risk. If you personally haven't had anyone you know affected then that's good, it means the measures like lockdown are working. Some people aren't as lucky as you and have had ones they care about die.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
As far as Im aware, the government in my country is currently offering free vaccine to the seniors as they are more in risk of getting it

We are in phase 3 and I can still go out with friends up to 8 people. One thing that hits very differently is the CNY. It has been an tradition to have a massive gathering and spend time with family but because of covid, it has been limited up to 8 family member so I never got to see the rest of my family members.

School has been great and horrible. One is that Home based learning is still a thing and I tend to lose focus during the days of HBL. I prefer to be in campus because I get to meet my friends and hang out with them.

I still don't understand how HBL is enjoyable like during my PE lesson, we did nothing but theory lessons which is boring. It was fun during the first one or two months and all of us were on lockdown.
[Image: 1619639714462.png]
Its the exact opposite for me, as a young person who went quite a lot before COVID it ended up with me being in a pretty dark place on terms of substance and alcohol abuse. The lockdown gave me an opportunity to clean myself up, I've slowed down on drinking quite heavily and have basically been drug free since August last year. Got a job and moved out of my parents house to live independently.

Of course I'm looking forward to going out again, but ultimately this lockdown ending will lead to mentally ill people not dealing with their situation in a good way in my opinion.

The lockdown has just effected me better than it did to most people I guess.
The following 9 users Like Ranger's post:
  • RoCKy, Toe Shmicki, Grizzly, Panda, Ratatoskrr, Strange Neo, Pollux, DVN, Ryan
(02-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Ranger Wrote: Its the exact opposite for me, as a young person who went quite a lot before COVID it ended up with me being in a pretty dark place on terms of substance and alcohol abuse. The lockdown gave me an opportunity to clean myself up, I've slowed down on drinking quite heavily and have basically been drug free since August last year. Got a job and moved out of my parents house to live independently.

Of course I'm looking forward to going out again, but ultimately this lockdown ending will lead to mentally ill people not dealing with their situation in a good way in my opinion.

Big props to you mate, glad to hear you're drug free! Congrats on the house as well man, huge achievement! <3

I myself have struggled a fair bit this lockdown, my stepdad being extremely vulnerable has left me feeling paranoid whenever I leave the house to go to work in public, worrying that I'll be bringing something home to him. My rent has double as my stepdad isnt working due to him shielding and staying at home just makes you feel like shit. The only silver lining is that I know my household is doing our bit to help ease the strain on the NHS

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Ratatoskrr's post:
  • Grizzly
Lockdown for me I’ve been quite lucky, it’s been fine. I’ve had the odd day here and there where I feel a bit down & have a bad day, but who doesn’t?

I’ve stayed working throughout this whole thing, albeit working from home but can’t complain, I’ve still been getting paid, I’ve saved thousands, other than food & the odd gift to myself, I haven’t spent anything really.

I’ll be glad to see it end and to meet up with my friends to talk shit in a pub watching a game of footie again.

Overall I think I’m fairly lucky with how I’ve got on during this year of madness, just about staying positive and instead of thinking of the doom & gloom, think of the positives when it ends, it will all of been worth it and the first few months of normality will be some of the best months you’ll ever live.
The following 5 users Like Falc's post:
  • Jessixa, Grizzly, Strange Neo, Ratatoskrr, Eclipze
(02-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Ranger Wrote: Its the exact opposite for me, as a young person who went quite a lot before COVID it ended up with me being in a pretty dark place on terms of substance and alcohol abuse. The lockdown gave me an opportunity to clean myself up, I've slowed down on drinking quite heavily and have basically been drug free since August last year. Got a job and moved out of my parents house to live independently.

I use this opportunity to drink and enjoy things that I haven't considered before. I'm happy to see that you used this to get away from really dark things like drugs and high alcohol abuse. However, the lockdown made me do things I never did before. Before, I used to go out with friends and appreciate other things (sports together, meet new friends, watch cool new movies in the cinema and so on). I also started smoking, which I regret ever doing and never considered or even thought about doing pre-lockdown. Life of many people changed and made it become harder.
The following 1 user Likes Strange Neo's post:
  • Ranger
One thing that really pisses me off is when people compare one situation to another person's and says 'count yourself lucky'. This is no personal attack on Pollux's comment but please, don't feel bad if you are a young person and this lockdown has hit you hard. It's something that nobody can prepare for. As well as the tragic death toll and the effect it's had on families, it's also been a huge strain on the younger generation.

Myself and my partner have been in lockdown with our son which has been a challenge. I would by lying if I said I was badly effected by it. Without sounding crude, it's been a real silver lining for our business. We went from turning over £700 per month in May last year to a 6-figure yearly turnover now.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Suarez, Grizzly, Ranger