Where is FL lacking
(01-19-2021, 11:36 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 09:47 PM)JoshZ Wrote: i disagree with the map situation but a update would be nice. also what happened to that new incredible map which was being built?

Maps take a while to make, especially with how much has been requested. That's a long term project which is being done externally. Progress is going good though, myself and Divey have been checking out draft versions of the city.

can we have some screenshots?
(01-19-2021, 11:49 PM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 11:36 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 09:47 PM)JoshZ Wrote: i disagree with the map situation but a update would be nice. also what happened to that new incredible map which was being built?

Maps take a while to make, especially with how much has been requested. That's a long term project which is being done externally. Progress is going good though, myself and Divey have been checking out draft versions of the city.

can we have some screenshots?

We're not going to share anything yet because stuff is still going to change and the map isn't pretty right now. The focus for now is layout of the map before more minor stuff like cosmetics and building functionality. We don't want to show off an area just for it to be removed/changed later.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I'm just gonna come out and say it right.

V33x is shit
V2D is shit
V5P is shit
Little town is shit
That other one with the town hall is shit.
Rockwhateverthefuckitscalled is shit.

Gmod in general is shit.

When have a gaming system made in 2006 based on a game that was out when I was in primary school its never going to work.

People want 60FPS from a server that's run on an ancient game hosted on a server under Awestrucks bed, its never going to happen.

Stop pissing about and moaning on an internet forum and either play it or don't.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Dragnort_
(01-20-2021, 07:37 AM)Marty Wrote: I'm just gonna come out and say it right.

V33x is shit
V2D is shit
V5P is shit
Little town is shit

Gmod in general is shit.

When have a gaming system made in 2006 based on a game that was out when I was in primary school its never going to work.

People want 60FPS from a server that's run on an ancient game hosted on a server under Awestrucks bed, its never going to happen.

Stop pissing about and moaning on an internet forum and either play it or don't.

If it’s that shit why bother posting or even loading the forums  Omg
(01-20-2021, 07:37 AM)Marty Wrote: I'm just gonna come out and say it right.

V33x is shit
V2D is shit
V5P is shit
Little town is shit

Gmod in general is shit.

I am honestly so glad you left a comment on this thread.
Fearless Veteran 8^)
aight these are my thoughts,

Aggro,
-I voted yes on the poll for the old weapons even tho I don't care and I think most people should just get a grip and deal with the new weapons. But saying that, the community clearly wants them back so I think they should be re-added. 
-I don't like the new kevlar system but I think it's just something I need to get used to. 

Passive,
-Events. The EC team is growing, and recently I'm already seeing more and more mini-events happen each day, This has to continue and I believe it will. 

Community,
-Small % of the Community is toxic, its sad to say and obviously not the whole community is, No matter how many updates, map changes, staff team changes, and literally every single thing that happens, there is always the same group of people that complain and make a big deal. 

Map,
-I don't prefer the current map, I would prefer v5p or something along those lines. 

Staff team,
-I cannot comment, lolzers
Fearless Veteran 8^)
(01-20-2021, 07:37 AM)Marty Wrote: ...

You should take your own advice
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Panda's post:
  • Steven8ken
(01-19-2021, 10:18 PM)Zecon Wrote: you will never please everyone with the map. me and the boomer buddies will stan v2d, people from 2015 onwards usually simp v33x/v41b and then more recently people seem to like v2p/v5p as well. sanranevo is cool, but personally I don’t think it works all that great with cityrp. i’d give it a 6/10 on most days but since i can’t get on the ferris wheel still, that takes it down to a 2/10.

consistency of updates isn’t really anything new. i don’t blame the devs for not wanting to constantly add shit when it’s for $0. updates only really started to become a focus in 2015 when things began to start drying up.

i do think manner of deployment in regards to updates is an issue though. if you’re adding something new, sure, just go for it. but if it’s changing an already well-established mechanic, it needs vigorous testing, otherwise you end up with this scenario with the weapon and kevlar (and vehicles grr pollux arny cartoon tiddy crew). i know tomo (bless his heart i love him x) did his best to get people testing the new weapons beforehand to try and make everyone happy, but in hindsight it wasn’t a very effective process. having people battle in a 1v1 arena is not a sufficient simulation of how cityrp combat plays out most of the time. imo there should be a period of ‘live’ server testing for a week or so where you can properly gauge how people react and adapt to changes such as these.

it’s a tricky one generally though, there’s no simple answer in ‘fixing’ FL. the server is only as good as the community that decides to play it. there’s days when there could only be like 30 people on, but you’ll have a blast with all those people engaging and it’ll feel like “ye ole days”. other times, it could be up to around 60 but everyone will be cooped up in their own buildings and the server will feel like an abandoned wasteland. idk.

Deploying updates is extremely difficult as there's no real good solution to it. Internal team tests are preferred but they are limited in scope and tend to lack detailed feedback. BETA testers were completely scrapped and management wasn't too keen in bringing them back the last time we spoke about it. I can also see people getting annoyed if we use the main server as a testing ground too often, especially for more disruptive and larger updates. Small events to test updates like the weapons event isn't a good representation of the main server and takes a while to prepare. I really don't think there's any way we can win here, any method we pick will have some form of backlash and neither is really perfect. We're open to ideas on how we can do this part better if anyone has some good suggestions.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-19-2021, 06:44 PM)Marty Wrote: Tbh it all went downhill when they banned propsurfing.

You joke but all the rps you could do when you could unfreeze props and have people stand on them...

The server feels like it's just full of scripts bought off the gmodstore with no cohesion or proper thought put into them.
The following 2 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Panda, Marty
(01-20-2021, 11:20 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 06:44 PM)Marty Wrote: Tbh it all went downhill when they banned propsurfing.

You joke but all the rps you could do when you could unfreeze props and have people stand on them...

The server feels like it's just full of scripts bought off the gmodstore with no cohesion or proper thought put into them.

Necessary evil for now due to low staff activity, the only thing keeping the server from turning into a mess at times is the prop protection being super strict. It isn't a permanent solution though and will likely be eased back to what FLAMS was in the future.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork