Issues getting in game, but this time its on linux
Yo gamers, you remember me, I got bored and wanted to play again.

Anyway I use linux as literally my only OS, and I would rather like to avoid installing windows cause I dont want my every move recorded.
And I'm having trouble logging into the server, I get to downloading some prisoner model and the process just straight up dies.
I've tried the general trouble shooting linux stuff, checking for dependcies and what not, and Ive tried general gmod trouble shooting, putting graphics settings to min etc
But yet it dont wanna work, the only stuff Im subscribed to are the FL addons, since thats all I've been subbed to for about 3 years. And I know there is nothing in the background, cause I'd be able to see it the only other processes running are steam and discord, but I have 16gb of ram so that should be a non issue

Any ideas?
I'm not sure if you've tried to play a bit with launch options, but could sound like gmod is stalling on ram, I had the same problem when I came back to FL.

The following launch options are the ones I use, I've not experienced that my gmod stalls on joining the server as often after applying those.

-heapsize 8388608 +gmod_mcore_test 1 -dxlevel 95

heapsize¨- How much ram you dedicate to gmod (Generally stay at 1/2 your ram or less)
gmod_mcore_test 1 - Run gmod in multi threaded mode
dxlevel 95 - Set your gmod to run on dxlevel 9.5

In addition to this, it could be beneficial to run your game in 64-bit (If this is available on Linux distribution)
Right-click on gmod and press "properties", go to betas and select "x86-64 - Chromium + 64-bit binaries"
When you launch gmod it will ask you what version to run.
Thanks man, it fixed it.

The only issue Im having now is textures, but I think thats cause I forgot to mount HL ep2 or something

Suggest this in https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=95753 as well, it may fix them
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
I dunno if I need a new thread for this, but my IG voice wont work now. but it works on 32 bit on server I can connect to
I got my mic working again, the issue is solved
(07-21-2020, 09:03 PM)dawson270500 Wrote: I got my mic working again, the issue is solved

Glad you managed to solve your issues Smile 

Closed