Community Meeting
(11-23-2019, 11:03 PM)Idea Wrote: Jonas, Joe Joe and two more had to create this post themselves to try to limit and bring improvement to the damage of the past years and the rest of the Staff just changes (or ask for a change of) the signature to "The Staff Team" after the community supports them, instead of supporting this from the first place. It makes absolutely no sense to me and once more shows how fucked up things are. You sure should have pulled on the same string when it comes to bringing FL out of its misery (please do not attempt to argue that point; in 2016 (when I joined) there constantly were 40-50 players online, on weekends you couldn't even join. Now I am happy to see about 30-40 at max. Garry's Mod decreasing popularity must not be the reason for that, since many other servers have not been damaged as much as FL was. It is just FL's CityRP and other Communities (/Servers)  who haven't dealt with their popularity well enough.). I dunno whetever the Administrators are behaving as childish towards each other as the Developers are (or if they just hide it better), but this thread showed how you guys are not working together in a way you should.

I am not back for long, but I have already seen some behavior that is simply inappropriate when it comes to bringing improvement to the server. Developers screw things up, won't admit it and other Developers bitch about it in OOC, calling them out for having "no balls" (Tassia & Arny Wink), Contributors "buff" test vehicles so much one can barely drive around the City anymore because anyone (Staff, Developer(s), Contributor(s)), except for one person were policemen at that time) who has access to the Car is not able to control it and rams everyone on the road.
Such things have drawn me to servers like another community or even DarkRP servers where such situations do not / rarely occur.  I am not alone with that decision.

Stuff like that probably is not the main reason for why the server went downhill so much, but such situations certainly contributed to it.

I already expect the Staff and Developers to deny and “set things straight” now after this was mentioned, but I just wanted to get it off my chest since these are the most obvious things I have noticed.

Buddy that is exactly why they are TEST cars. They are added on the live servers in order for the devs to see if they fit or not and if there are any changes that need to be made, ok a cop used it and he was able to ram people off the road in pursuits so what? It's not the end of the world. Jesus, I rant on devs myself when I think they made stupid decisions but you are taking it on a whole different level. That is literally the whole point of test cars. Chill.
(11-24-2019, 09:20 AM)Dimitris Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 11:03 PM)Idea Wrote: -Snip-

Buddy that is exactly why they are TEST cars. They are added on the live servers in order for the devs to see if they fit or not and if there are any changes that need to be made, ok a cop used it and he was able to ram people off the road in pursuits so what? It's not the end of the world. Jesus, I rant on devs myself when I think they made stupid decisions but you are taking it on a whole different level. That is literally the whole point of test cars. Chill.

The point of "test cars" is testing them. When they notice a car is not useable, they should not continue annoying players by constantly running them over or crashing into their cars, but should stop using it at all, at least until the problem is fixed. It's not like it were "beta testers" who were messing around with them, it were team members.

Despite that, there were multiple other points I have mentioned about the team not working well enough with each other.
(11-24-2019, 09:13 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: Tomorrow at that time I do have a meeting, but one in real life. I can't cancel that meeting since it's planned for months.
Please do not think that I don't care about the community, I would like to read the outcome of it and I trust the team.

Whilst it was the initiative of a few staff members, you as an owner of this community have the power more than anyone to decide when this meeting takes place. People would not mind if you would suggest to postpone the meeting to next week or whatever, because it will more than anything show that you want to help Fearless improve, and it would show that you genuinely do care.

Actions speak louder than words. You can say you care about the community, but you can also show it by discussing internally whether postponing would be possible so that you can actually be present during this community meeting. Take the initiative now to steer this in the right direction, don't end up looking back at this all in the future and regret it, nobody here wants that to happen.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 4 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Slaint, Dimitris, Grape, konsta
(11-24-2019, 11:29 AM)Idea Wrote:

The point of "test cars" is testing them. When they notice a car is not useable, they should not continue annoying players by constantly running them over or crashing into their cars, but  should stop using it at all, at least until the problem is fixed. It's not like it were "beta testers" who were messing around with them, it were team members.

Despite that, there were multiple other points I have mentioned about the team not working well enough with each other.

I am pretty sure that when the team noticed the test car needed changes they removed it or they made these necessary changes.
(11-24-2019, 11:39 AM)Dimitris Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 11:29 AM)Idea Wrote:
-snip-
-snip-

I am pretty sure that when the team noticed the test car needed changes they removed it or they made these necessary changes.

That literally was the point I have criticized; They have not done anything despite multiple players complaining about it. During the entire evening they were minging around with the Taurus. Pollux has just removed the vehicle now when I mentioned their ridiculous behaviour on the forum.
(11-24-2019, 11:39 AM)Yonno Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:13 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: Tomorrow at that time I do have a meeting, but one in real life. I can't cancel that meeting since it's planned for months.
Please do not think that I don't care about the community, I would like to read the outcome of it and I trust the team.

Whilst it was the initiative of a few staff members, you as an owner of this community have the power more than anyone to decide when this meeting takes place. People would not mind if you would suggest to postpone the meeting to next week or whatever, because it will more than anything show that you want to help Fearless improve, and it would show that you genuinely do care.

Actions speak louder than words. You can say you care about the community, but you can also show it by discussing internally whether postponing would be possible so that you can actually be present during this community meeting. Take the initiative now to steer this in the right direction, don't end up looking back at this all in the future and regret it, nobody here wants that to happen.

Delaying this further will result in more time being wasted, we can fill Soul in later as to what happened in the meeting as everything said in there will be recorded and written onto a thread anyway. The point of this was to get something done quickly.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-24-2019, 01:30 PM)Pollux Wrote:

Delaying this further will result in more time being wasted, we can fill Soul in later as to what happened in the meeting as everything said in there will be recorded and written onto a thread anyway. The point of this was to get something done quickly.

I’d rather have something done right, rather than hastily.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • konsta

Do it properly or don’t do it at all. The world isn’t going to end if you wait a week or two.
Have I helped you out? Leave a rep here!
The following 2 users Like Faustin's post:
  • Lewwings, konsta

You had a meeting without Soul and you literally did fuck all after it. It's obvious all of you are incapable of handling the situation. That meeting on Monday that's the real waste of time, waiting for Soul is not.
The following 1 user Likes Dimitris's post:
  • Idea
(11-24-2019, 01:52 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

You had a meeting without Soul and you literally did fuck all after it. It's obvious all of you are incapable of handling the situation. That meeting on Monday that's the real waste of time, waiting for Soul is not.

The meeting wasn't that long ago and things are being done as a direct result of that meeting.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork