Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
(10-03-2019, 05:40 PM)Mist Wrote: 1) We're not a DarkRP server. There's a major difference between the two gamemodes. It can easily attract the wrong kind of people that come in here with a mindset thinking that this is, what we have advertised by putting it into that category.. an actual FL-DarkRP. And then there's the problem.. We need a better and reformed staff to take care of the matter.
2) FL can easily get overrun by other and more lucrative servers if we put FL into the DarkRP category/section. In this case we'll obviously be hard to find.

And saying "ez brain dead approach", doesn't really help the situation. Try to approach this in a more professional manner  Angel

It is not rocket-science to stop a few minges.
Fultzy already covered your "false advertising" point and I suggest you go read it (again?).
you are making these 2 points such unnecessarily big problems for no apparent reason other than to continue the discussion it genuinely baffles me. 

In your second point you are completely missing the point, we are already hard to find.

[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Fultz
(10-03-2019, 06:31 PM)Midget Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 05:40 PM)Mist Wrote: 1) We're not a DarkRP server. There's a major difference between the two gamemodes. It can easily attract the wrong kind of people that come in here with a mindset thinking that this is, what we have advertised by putting it into that category.. an actual FL-DarkRP. And then there's the problem.. We need a better and reformed staff to take care of the matter.
2) FL can easily get overrun by other and more lucrative servers if we put FL into the DarkRP category/section. In this case we'll obviously be hard to find.

And saying "ez brain dead approach", doesn't really help the situation. Try to approach this in a more professional manner  Angel

Fultzy already covered your "false advertising" point and I suggest you go read it (again?).
you are making these 2 points such unnecessarily big problems for no apparent reason other than to continue the discussion it genuinely baffles me. 

In your second point you are completely missing the point, we are already hard to find.

Apparently it is for some. I believe FL has proved that it can be very trouble- and tiresome to get rid of a pest like minges. 

Don’t expect me to read 19 pages of RP enthusiasts and experts that is arguing on how things should be done. I’m not any better myself, but come on??‍♂️. 

I see your point as well when it comes to visibility, but I still have my doubts by merging into the DarkRP section.
(10-03-2019, 02:35 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:25 AM)Alphaverse Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:46 PM)ryan! Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:29 PM)Alphaverse Wrote: -
-

And with the DarkRP argument: Why not put it in the TTT area? Would be the same: You expect a gamemode you know and have an idea how it works. And if it is not thr case you would leave. At least I would because I want to play what I expected when I joined.

I am sorry, but this argument makes zero sense. No placing Fearless in TTT in comparison to DarkRP is not the same. First of all Dark RP is where Fearless was originally located back when. Because it is a section for ROLEPLAY servers. While TTT has zero aspects of roleplay. Roleplay is roleplay and if that is the grave you want to sit in, so be it. The only differences between CityRP and DarkRP is we maintain a more serious notion when it comes to models, rules, and in general community. Instead of being completely against the idea how about you consider the fact there are potentially players who are in DarkRP looking for something more serious than the general mess about of your basic DarkRP server and once they find our server located there they become genuinely strong players in our community? Negativity with outlandish claims leads to nothing and gets us no where. There is no negatives to moving the server into the DarkRP section.

The difference between us and DarkRP is that we don't use DarkRP as our gamemode. The server listing aren't based on whatever you feel like your server fits into, it's dependant on what gamemode you use. Yeah we can easily fake it to put us into the DarkRP section, but we're still lying and we won't be what people expect from a server in that category. It feels scummy to have people spend ages downloading all the content to join the server just to find out it isn't even the gamemode they were looking for and hope they stay because they've already put that effort in.

I don't think the name CityRP is that hard to find in a gamemode search, which is now possible due to the last update. I also don't even think the issue is that we're not gaining enough new players, it's more that we fail to retain any of those people who join and now we're also failing at keeping existing players.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(10-04-2019, 12:46 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:46 PM)ryan! Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:29 PM)Alphaverse Wrote: -
-

-snip-

The difference between us and DarkRP is that we don't use DarkRP as our gamemode. The server listing aren't based on whatever you feel like your server fits into, it's dependant on what gamemode you use. Yeah we can easily fake it to put us into the DarkRP section, but we're still lying and we won't be what people expect from a server in that category. It feels scummy to have people spend ages downloading all the content to join the server just to find out it isn't even the gamemode they were looking for and hope they stay because they've already put that effort in.

I don't think the name CityRP is that hard to find in a gamemode search, which is now possible due to the last update. I also don't even think the issue is that we're not gaining enough new players, it's more that we fail to retain any of those people who join and now we're also failing at keeping existing players.

You can read about the gamemode in the loading-screen... Which means there is no argument in
your first paragraph other than the fact that we are putting a semi-serious roleplay server
into the darkRP section. It's like protesting about someone putting Pepsi into a Coke glass. 

Lastly, how do you expect people to search for something they don't know exist?
The whole point is to increase the amount of players with the mentioned strategy, 
to make new and existing players stay due to the increased population.
Visit my profile here.
(10-04-2019, 09:43 AM)Midget Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:46 PM)ryan! Wrote: -

-snip-

-snip-

You can read about the gamemode in the loading-screen... Which means there is no argument in
your first paragraph other than the fact that we are putting a semi-serious roleplay server
into the darkRP section. It's like protesting about someone putting Pepsi into a Coke glass. 

Lastly, how do you expect people to search for something they don't know exist?
The whole point is to increase the amount of players with the mentioned strategy, 
to make new and existing players stay due to the increased population.

[Image: 3cctzk.jpg]
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Conn, Ducktard
(10-04-2019, 09:43 AM)Midget Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:46 PM)ryan! Wrote: -

-snip-

-snip

It's like protesting about someone putting Pepsi into a Coke glass. 

You expect to get what you 'buy', in this case, you expect to play DarkRP when you join a server in the DarkRP section.
And the difference in taste is clear as day. As Pollux said, it's scummy to lie to potential newcomers/customers. And with that, you attract more minges that expect a very unserious RP experience, and if they might feel like they've been lied to, they could just go about and fuck around in the server since they didn't get what they expected.

CityRP does not cater to DarkRP, and I hope that is clear as day to you. You've been here since 2011, so you should know this. I know all of this is subjective, but come on. Let's not lie to ourselves just to gain an increase from DarkRPers. It'd be a shame to see FL turn into a shitfest from DarkRPers.
It's really quite hard to say whether moving to DarkRP is a good idea or not. It'd be better to weigh this out..

Pros
  • An increase and influx of new players
  • Higher up GM category on the server-list
Cons
  • CityRP FL is not DarkRP - nor is it based off of DarkRP. Originally it is Cider based, but has evolved in to what it is today, something which is completely different to all DarkRP servers - false advertising?
  • Threat of players who aren't into (semi-)serious role-play, and look for a laid back and wouldn't suit the FL GM.
  • By going into the DarkRP section, there is the possibility that FL is crowded by other servers that have a larger player base.
  • More, non-FL servers in the DarkRP category.
Nothing would really change with the gamemode other than a separate category, however it'd be worth considering the backlash with current players, a large sum of which heavily detest this idea.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • Mist
(10-03-2019, 11:11 PM)Mist Wrote:

Don’t expect me to read 19 pages of RP enthusiasts and experts that is arguing on how things should be done. I’m not any better myself, but come on??‍♂️. 

You haven't read through any of the arguments so why should I or anyone else give you the liberty of a discussion? It is pointless writing anything when AGAIN in your newest post (#187) argue the same point on the same basis. It is futile.
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
(10-04-2019, 11:01 AM)Midget Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 11:11 PM)Mist Wrote:

You haven't read through any of the arguments so why should I or anyone else give you the liberty of a discussion? It is pointless writing anything when AGAIN in your newest post (#187) argue the same point on the same basis. It is futile.
I think you'd be surprised if you knew how small an amount of people will read through 19 pages of discussion, only to remember every point a member has given.
Also it's only fair to weigh in with the same opinion that another person have had.

I think it's time for you to step down from your little pedestal, bud.  Cool
Does it really matter what section?

Who cares about the pro’s and cons, if it attracts players for a server that is lacking players (Fearless) then do it by all means possible.

Y’all are petty for arguing over something so minor as this, doesn’t affect anyone let’s be honest, a few minges might turn up, so what? We’ve had minges before and they’ll be dealt with.
The following 3 users Like Falc's post:
  • ryan!, don, Haarek