State of the server
Before I continue I will say now that my statement is my opinion and my alone it is not a statement from the staff team.

(08-15-2018, 10:03 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: A loss of passion is the main issue surrounding the recent inactive is what it feels like as when a staff member does finally join from 5 people complaining on the Discord and even then they stay on for a maximum for an hour.
Player Reports are not even being done.
An example for loss of passion is GhostKiller. He was active everyday doing great RP until he got trial admin where he just suddenly stopped
I am still active in-game. I make sure I am on when possible for as long as possible. One thing you must understand though, once getting admin I no longer have time to actually play the game. At-all. In my time from getting TA I implore you to tell me one time I've actually pulled out a gun or roleplayed. I've only done it twice.

When im on the server the sole reason im on is to administrate the server. There could be the fattest government team with a dictator or the biggest rebel team but I will never take part. I will just play to help players. Is this what I signed up to? Yes it was. However, after administrating the server on your own with a full pop server 75/75 for over 2+ hours it becomes very stressful. Sometimes i'll perform 2 admin sits at once while monitoring the mainstreet for a prop spammer to start going ham and people start saying in OOC that 'Ghost ignoring my @ calls/ AFK' at one time.  You'll never find me AFK on the server if im on im actually on and when not in an admin sit I am always monitoring situations to try and stop rulebreaks before they occur.

I hope this gives you an insight into whats happening from my side, in my opinion my activity as of right now is fine and I always make sure I am on the server every day to assist when I can.

(08-16-2018, 08:20 AM)Arny Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 11:27 PM)keojr Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 11:13 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 10:03 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: A loss of passion is the main issue surrounding the recent inactive is what it feels like as when a staff member does finally join from 5 people complaining on the Discord and even then they stay on for a maximum for an hour.
An example for loss of passion is GhostKiller. He was active everyday doing great RP until he got trial admin where he just suddenly stopped
From my experience, it is very difficult to maintain passion for playing the actual game (roleplaying) once you become staff. After a while you get bored of having to keep dropping out of your roleplays to go to @ calls, so you just end up forgetting about the roleplay altogether.
I very rarely roleplay anymore unless it's a big event and I planned it in advance. When I come on I come on solely to administrate and between @ calls I just fly around seeing if any rules are being broken. I don't mind doing that, I don't find that particularly boring. It's just that I didn't like having to constantly jump between RP and @ calls. It was too stop-start and THAT is what I was getting bored of.
Could I ask has nobody brought applications up within the staff team? I wouldn't apply but people would and good people make the applications hard and fair so people who want it get it. Because I think the reason the staff team gets bored of the server is the lack of staff. So say 3 staff are on a 60 player server site will come in fast less roleplay time for staff and more boring but more staff more roleplay time. I just wanted to bring this up
Anyone can make themselves look good with text.

Having an application for staff is something I myself think is a good idea have brought up in the past.

I IMO see no reason why not, it gives the player a chance to show that they want a position within the staff team and allows to give a reason as to why from their own side. If player is writing pure bullshit in their application they'll either get caught straight away or they'll be found out in the interview.

If the candidate is looked into, they'll be given an interview where the staff team can ask questions about what they'll do with the role and how they'll deal with situations.

I think this whole 'pick who gets mod' should be left in the past and we should move to a more formal recruitment method.
The following 17 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Bobby Shmicki, Janzo 火, Foxirius2205, Lewwings, BasicallyMental, Link, Grunt, sebasti161, Grape, Envy, Flux, James, SJ., Zona, chopchop1614, bitchass, Wolven
The map change was a major problem, however that's what 70% voted for, so have fun in that mess. For the staff it's self, yeah a lot are inactive. However what is there to do about. Demote them? That even makes the staff team less, which will mean thet even if they don't play that often, they can still do something positive for the server. I didn't see a problem with the playercount on v2d. The only conventional solution is more staff, but that isn't an easy job.
(08-16-2018, 09:47 AM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote: The map change was a major problem, however that's what 70% voted for, so have fun in that mess. For the staff it's self, yeah a lot are inactive. However what is there to do about. Demote them? That even makes the staff team less, which will mean thet even if they don't play that often, they can still do something positive for the server. I didn't see a problem with the playercount on v2d. The only conventional solution is more staff, but that isn't an easy job.

V2D was Temporary and everyone knew that by day one that the day will come. so if the map is a mess why would 70% of the community vote for it?
(08-16-2018, 09:47 AM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote: The map change was a major problem, however that's what 70% voted for, so have fun in that mess. For the staff it's self, yeah a lot are inactive. However what is there to do about. Demote them? That even makes the staff team less, which will mean thet even if they don't play that often, they can still do something positive for the server. I didn't see a problem with the playercount on v2d. The only conventional solution is more staff, but that isn't an easy job.

I’ve had quite a lot of fun with most of the maps, including v4b1 which I remember playing most mini events on back 1 or 2 years ago. I’m sure you also appreciated the map eventually until Fearless started sticking to 1 live server.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(08-16-2018, 10:10 AM)keojr Wrote: Whats also annoying is The back seat admin rule. Now I'm not saying it should go but when the off chance of someone running around prop pushing what are we to do let it happen? but if someone can get him in jail before he disconnects thats a solid 15 minutes without him maybe more if he disconnects. But nobody can do that now because if you're caught you will probably get a 4 day ban.

That's wrong, you 100% can. I recommend waiting at spawn, as soon as he performs something that IC affects life (starts throwing props at you), in IC you are forced to arrest him. Its not 'back-street adminstrating' that is things such as killing him when he respawns, pulling props around him so he cannot move etc.

Just get the arrest warrant on him, then run up to him and hit him with your baton.

That's my view on it, and if I caught you doing that there is in no way i'd perceive that as backstreet administrating. If you do this and an admin says otherwise please refer to this post and i'll be more than happy to talk it through with the other admin and defend your side.
The following 4 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Lewwings, Jeffrey, James, bitchass
Personally, I feel that whilst we cannot solely blame the staff team for the state of the server, there are faults in which could perhaps be ironed out quickly. Firstly, I feel that whilst an admin may seem 'loyal' for being on the team for a long time, their genuine activity on the server isn't accounted for. Some of the staff team are no longer active, and they may have been here for a long time, but that doesn't excuse them from doing the duties they agreed to doing. Now, I am not saying that they have to be on 24/7, I believe that if that dedication and motivation to do both, roleplay and administrate is no longer there, than the baton should be handed to someone else. It is no good to promote someone just because they were an administrator in the past, because that motivation might not be there as it was before. I believe that now that we have a fresh map, perhaps it would be a good time to have a fresh team, or at least focus on promoting those who haven't been in that situation before, because it is well known that when something is new, it is more interesting, and so when an admin has been in the team for a year or more, and they are quite obviously bored of it, then they shouldn't be expected to be on the server. It may sound harsh, but like sequels to a movie, or television season, if the plot (aka the same situation with the same admin) is played out time and time again, then both the admin and the community are going to get bored of it. But that's just my view, feel free to pm me if you wish to challenge or discuss this Smile
The following 2 users Like Create's post:
  • Aektek, Lewwings
Promote me to trial admin and I’ll administrate for you
The following 6 users Like Falc's post:
  • , BasicallyMental, Willem de Walrus, James, Bobby, Wolven
(08-16-2018, 10:01 AM)keojr Wrote:

if the map is a mess why would 70% of the community vote for it?

Nostalgic reasons and feelings, the community does not learn and never will. Just a year ago, in August 2017, we switched from V4B1 to V5P and of course there was a lot of support for this and if I'm not mistaken, majority voted for V5P in a poll.
(08-16-2018, 09:10 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Before I continue I will say now that my statement is my opinion and my alone it is not a statement from the staff team.

I am still active in-game. I make sure I am on when possible for as long as possible. One thing you must understand though, once getting admin I no longer have time to actually play the game. At-all. In my time from getting TA I implore you to tell me one time I've actually pulled out a gun or roleplayed. I've only done it twice.

When im on the server the sole reason im on is to administrate the server. There could be the fattest government team with a dictator or the biggest rebel team but I will never take part. I will just play to help players. Is this what I signed up to? Yes it was. However, after administrating the server on your own with a full pop server 75/75 for over 2+ hours it becomes very stressful. Sometimes i'll perform 2 admin sits at once while monitoring the mainstreet for a prop spammer to start going ham and people start saying in OOC that 'Ghost ignoring my @ calls/ AFK' at one time.  You'll never find me AFK on the server if im on im actually on and when not in an admin sit I am always monitoring situations to try and stop rulebreaks before they occur.

I hope this gives you an insight into whats happening from my side, in my opinion my activity as of right now is fine and I always make sure I am on the server every day to assist when I can.

I understand administrating will be stressful, and there is nothing that we as a playerbase can really do to change that. There is something that the staff team can do however and that is to have multiple staff members online at one time so that @ calls can be dealt with a lot quicker, leaving a less frustrated playerbase. It also takes some weight off of your shoulders, espeically as a TA (Your job is to prove you're worthy of the admin role, not to prove you can run the server on your own). It also allows for staff to have that essential laid back time of roleplaying, time where they can enjoy themselves and then after say an hour the staff can rotate, making sure all of them have the chance to enjoy themselves on the server.

The only reason I used you for an example there was not to have a go or anything and I realise it may have seemed a little like that, nor was it aimed directly at you. It was just sad to have to see the role consume someone who was once so active, staying on for hours a day and now come on for what seems an hour a day, if not every other day.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BasicallyMental's post:
  • , Lewwings
(08-16-2018, 11:01 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:10 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Before I continue I will say now that my statement is my opinion and my alone it is not a statement from the staff team.

I understand administrating will be stressful, and there is nothing that we as a playerbase can really do to change that. There is something that the staff team can do however and that is to have multiple staff members online at one time so that @ calls can be dealt with a lot quicker, leaving a less frustrated playerbase. It also takes some weight off of your shoulders, espeically as a TA (Your job is to prove you're worthy of the admin role, not to prove you can run the server on your own). It also allows for staff to have that essential laid back time of roleplaying, time where they can enjoy themselves and then after say an hour the staff can rotate, making sure all of them have the chance to enjoy themselves on the server.

The only reason I used you for an example there was not to have a go or anything and I realise it may have seemed a little like that, nor was it aimed directly at you. It was just sad to have to see the role consume someone who was once so active, staying on for hours a day and now come on for what seems an hour a day, if not every other day.

I agree with you regarding the promoting more. In my view throughout the whole time on FL (2012-now) there has never been enough staff.

I think the ranks should be:

SA - Super Admin
A - Admin
TA - Trail Admin
M - Moderator

Moderator i'd like to see brought in as an introduction to Trail Admin. Moderator should have 3-7 people in it. They will have powers such as kicking and blacklisting.

This team would be a very free-flowing team which wouldn't be super hard to get into but would allow the team to review any potential applicants for admin and see how they do with power. I'd expect, people to be demoted from this rank or promoted from this rank. Others would stay at this rank.

With having 3/4 Moderators on the server, and 1/2 admins on the server it would mean moderator would be able to answer @ calls which are general questions and deal with certain situations and can request an admins approval on the situation if rules are broken.

Even with 2/3 admins on the sever, I still feel this is too little and there should be when 75 people atleast 5+ staff members at one time (with 5 admins on that's a 1/15 ratio which isn't that bad)

I from being admin disagree with teacher rank being removed as if it was still there it would make my life easier as people ask questions in @ chat and I help always however it means for some simple questions like 'how I do unlock my car' it takes up time where I could be over-viewing a raid for NLR or checking logs for someone prop killing etc.

We like all other communities are not perfect and we are slowly but surely understanding that and addressing the problems.
The following 8 users Like User 12049's post:
  • BasicallyMental, Lewwings, Archer, Grape, Jeffrey, James, SJ., Wolven