Poll: What do you believe is the best course of action for FL to take with the current map situation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
V2D
9.55%
19 9.55%
V17X
20.10%
40 20.10%
V4B1
70.35%
140 70.35%
Total 199 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Community Map Vote
Can't wait to not be about to drive vehicles again.
V4B1 Please

Kind Regards,
Indie
Ex-Teacher

I want pines tbh lol
(08-02-2018, 11:01 AM)juicyorange Wrote: I want pines tbh lol

Everyone should want whats best for the community be level headed, dont just be all for passive or all for aggressive, do whats best for the community.

Everyone needs to stop being selfish and all agree on something for once, make life easier.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
Really? V4B1? You people are fucking kidding me, there was a good reason why it failed and we decided to have a map change, it was terribly optimized, don't get me wrong, I love the map but at least I acknowledge and recognize the flaws of it. There's no way we should go back, I want to play with a decent FPS. The only way to fix this issue is to completely optimize the map and perhaps even redo the map which the development team requires different skills and different people, something that is beyond Pollux's capabilities. He cannot code, fix and update everything, he has some limits like any other human being. Remember that Gmod is a very old game with flaws that doesn't even use more than one core, the gamemode of CityRP certainly doesn't make it better, it's terrible.

I'm requesting Soulripper and SA to think carefully about it, listening to the community is great and everyone admires the idea of democracy in FL but it has some flaws. What if the community wants to add an RPG or something even worse? Would you still listen to the community and add something stupid?

Let's compare the community to a ship vessel, if you were going on a sea voyage, who would you ideally want deciding who was in charge of the vessel, just anyone, or people educated in the rules and demands of seafaring?

The staff team gives the community way too much power than it should have.

I feel like FL is going to have a map change every 2 months.
(08-01-2018, 03:48 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 03:47 PM)Falc Wrote: Why go back to a map we know has poor FPS?

Shouldn’t we aim for higher FPS?

Leave that part to me.

Wow! Really?!!111 You know how to edit maps!???!

Seriously, tell us if you know how to edit a map.
(08-02-2018, 06:17 PM)Zombie Wrote:

Leave that part to me.

The map is fine and as well optimised as it can be, all evocity maps are generally well made as the people behind it are some of the most experienced map makers on source.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-02-2018, 06:12 PM)Zombie Wrote: Really? V4B1? You people are freaking kidding me, there was a good reason why it failed and we decided to have a map change, it was terribly optimized, don't get me wrong, I love the map but at least I acknowledge and recognize the flaws of it. There's no way we should go back, I want to play with a decent FPS. The only way to fix this issue is to completely optimize the map and perhaps even redo the map which the development team requires different skills and different people, something that is beyond Pollux's capabilities. He cannot code, fix and update everything, he has some limits like any other human being. Remember that Gmod is a very old game with flaws that doesn't even use more than one core, the gamemode of CityRP certainly doesn't make it better, it's terrible.

I'm requesting Soulripper and SA to think carefully about it, listening to the community is great and everyone admires the idea of democracy in FL but it has some flaws. What if the community wants to add an RPG or something even worse? Would you still listen to the community and add something stupid?

Let's compare the community to a ship vessel, if you were going on a sea voyage, who would you ideally want deciding who was in charge of the vessel, just anyone, or people educated in the rules and demands of seafaring?

On the forums back in the day ive always seen you fight for 'more community involvement' and 'transparency' but once people disagree with you the community 'gets too much power'? That doesnt make sense to me. I'll agree with you that leaving a community in charge of everything isnt going to work, but requesting which map people would like the most makes perfect sense. 

Continue to make really salty comments because you dont like the results from the poll but that doesnt help your point.
V4B1 might not be perfect, but no map is. I was a big V2D fan but now we've played on it for a good 3 weeks i can see the downsides to it, downsides V4B1 wont have.
The following 6 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Lewwings, Pollux, Archer, Luna, Grunt, sebasti161
(08-02-2018, 06:36 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 06:17 PM)Zombie Wrote:

Leave that part to me.

The map is fine and as well optimised as it can be, all evocity maps are generally well made as the people behind it are some of the most experienced map makers on source.

That's a stupid argument, it's like saying all franchise films are generally directed and acted well because the people behind are some of the most experienced actors/directors in the film industry.
(08-02-2018, 06:40 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 06:12 PM)Zombie Wrote: Really? V4B1? You people are freaking kidding me, there was a good reason why it failed and we decided to have a map change, it was terribly optimized, don't get me wrong, I love the map but at least I acknowledge and recognize the flaws of it. There's no way we should go back, I want to play with a decent FPS. The only way to fix this issue is to completely optimize the map and perhaps even redo the map which the development team requires different skills and different people, something that is beyond Pollux's capabilities. He cannot code, fix and update everything, he has some limits like any other human being. Remember that Gmod is a very old game with flaws that doesn't even use more than one core, the gamemode of CityRP certainly doesn't make it better, it's terrible.

On the forums back in the day ive always seen you fight for 'more community involvement' and 'transparency' but once people disagree with you the community 'gets too much power'? That doesnt make sense to me. I'll agree with you that leaving a community in charge of everything isnt going to work, but requesting which map people would like the most makes perfect sense. 

Continue to make really salty comments because you dont like the results from the poll but that doesnt help your point.
V4B1 might not be perfect, but no map is. I was a big V2D fan but now we've played on it for a good 3 weeks i can see the downsides to it, downsides V4B1 wont have.

Back in the day? as in 2014-15?