What happened to FL?
(05-31-2018, 03:48 AM)Falcon Wrote: -snip-
Point 5: Jobs and Interactions.

This point brings us to jobs. Jobs are very important to the gamemode. I still remember joining FL for the first time, hearing Big Bang Cafe in the background and reading all about the jobs. That dragged me straight in. 

(Just for some memories!)
-snip-

Take Five > Cafe, boy

The following 2 users Like konsta's post:
  • Falcon, Pollux
Back to topic, I agree with Falcon here. Trial admin is dumb, why decide if someone should get promoted after weeks? Back then moderators would be moderators for months, if not, years. Weeks is nothing, you just can't fully know the person if they're ready for admin or not after a couple of weeks. No wonder why there are people that are edgy, bias, unprofessional and not ready for the position as admins. Admin has more access therefore bigger responsibilities, moderators could only ban players up to 24 hours and blacklists for 12 hours I think? Giving more sensitive and bigger access to irresponsible people after a couple of weeks is reckless and stupid.

Clan system is bad, everything is so regulated and restricted. Back then it was all exciting and fun to have clan wars every now and then, now you just don't see any clan fighting each other anymore.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Falcon
(05-30-2018, 10:51 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:43 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:40 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:34 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:05 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Right so lets just stop small updates. Great 10/10 sound advice. An update is an update and whether small or not it adds. Just because you dislike it, it doesn't mean that everyone else does. We cannot bring out major updates every day.

Let’s be honest. Who even uses the clocks. Yeah people spawn them in but end of the day. If a player wants to see the time they can look at their HUD or just use a simple prop with a /me or /it

Fair play to the developers for creating it, but I see a long list of accepted suggestions that seem a bit more important than a clock. Just saying.

What many people dont understand saying "Its useless" "Its more to download". The Clocks come with Stormfox so the Devs just made them buyable. Its small additions and those small additions add up over time.

Also adds up to the reason why people leave

People leave because of new updates. Wow I will tell the Dev team. "Hey guys time to reverse every update, we will get all the players back"

Honestly with your attitude to this situation I dont know how youve retained your rank for this long.

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 2 users Like Dragnort_'s post:
  • konsta, Archer
(05-31-2018, 04:12 AM)Dragnort_ Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:51 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:43 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:40 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:34 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Let’s be honest. Who even uses the clocks. Yeah people spawn them in but end of the day. If a player wants to see the time they can look at their HUD or just use a simple prop with a /me or /it

Fair play to the developers for creating it, but I see a long list of accepted suggestions that seem a bit more important than a clock. Just saying.

What many people dont understand saying "Its useless" "Its more to download". The Clocks come with Stormfox so the Devs just made them buyable. Its small additions and those small additions add up over time.

Also adds up to the reason why people leave

People leave because of new updates. Wow I will tell the Dev team. "Hey guys time to reverse every update, we will get all the players back"

Honestly with your attitude to this situation I dont know how youve retained your rank for this long.

He wouldn't have that rank if it wasn't for the stupid trial admin system, a person shouldn't be promoted or not after a couple of weeks. I say we bring back the old moderator rank.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Falcon
I don't really understand what you lot mean by the trial admin system being too short, it lasts for two months which seems like more than enough time for someone to prove themselves?

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=78729

From my experience of seeing and working with the current staff, I absolutely adore all of them and think everyone is more than capable of their rank.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Promote normal staff members that actually support the community instead of acting tough, it might actually make people stay for once.
The following 5 users Like Jan's post:
  • Envy, Archer, Lewwings, Grape, konsta
(05-31-2018, 04:49 AM)Pollux Wrote: I don't really understand what you lot mean by the trial admin system being too short, it lasts for two months which seems like more than enough time for someone to prove themselves?

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=78729

From my experience of seeing and working with the current staff, I absolutely adore all of them and think everyone is more than capable of their rank.

I swear someone got promoted after a week or a week and a half. I even asked how long is the trial process and I got told around 2 weeks and I believed them. My bad
(05-31-2018, 04:53 AM)Jan Wrote: Promote normal staff members that actually support the community instead of acting tough, it might actually make people stay for once.

Also Mature staff, Like Falcon said its okay to have fun but you are an admin for a reason so act like one. Too many edgy memers
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • Dragnort_
That some people here bring up Pines without it being on the server yet is quite a dumb argument to be honest. There was a vote for a reason and ended up in a win for Pines for a reason - more people wanted Pines.

Garry's mod is not outdated, the CityRP for FL is, looking at other communities (no advertising at all), there is some servers that has a minimum of 80 people out of 110 at all times. We're in 2018 and when there is some sort of suggestion being suggested, the main argument is -"it will cause lag/gamemode cannot handle it". That is a big problem I find, as mentioned, others have fully customized servers that runs smooth, I do not understand why this gamemode cannot handle that. If so, why not make a change?
The following 4 users Like Kevin's post:
  • Falcon, juicyorange, Pollux, Jessixa
(05-31-2018, 05:25 AM)Kevin Ramsey Wrote: That some people here bring up Pines without it being on the server yet is quite a dumb argument to be honest. There was a vote for a reason and ended up in a win for Pines for a reason - more people wanted Pines.

I’m fine with the system in place being democratic, but with my knowledge of the map and the interactions that CityRP has, spawning locations, shops, etc., I just don’t think the map is right for us right now.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]