Contrafarming is Getting Worse.
I wanted to give you the carrot...
(01-05-2012, 02:58 PM)Faustie Wrote: You should at least give people a chance to go in the DEA. If they screw up once or twice, fine, disallow them, makes sense. But you can't wait for someone to be trustworthy until you let them in, you need to give them a chance, might turn out they're really good at the RP, even if they normally aren't. Besides, you can just ban them if they ruin it, an admin on the DEA should be more than enough deterrant to start messing things up.

Makes sense, ill keep that in mind we need to bring the DEA in

Also Soul told.. I think Pechvarry? That he did not allow the monorail system. It was pretty much exactly the same as yours, he said the "map was too small for it". Don't blame me, not my decision.

And i dont blame you, but i do remember pechs passenger/cargo train, the thing while looking cool, was not functional, could derail far to easily, and had around 20 different things that could cause a fatal derailment, was slow,inefficiant, and could actualy cause lag, mine is a single prop that actualy looks like a monorail mounted to an actual monorail line that can carry upwards to 8 people from one end ofthe map to the other in 45 seconds with a very low chance of derailment, either from outside sources or the train moving around the corners at just the right way to force it off the track "Does not happen often, but leads to train crash RP" Ill have to ask soul about this since i can understand the train not being allowed, but the already working,and proven monorail that people enjoy?

Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
If it works, i think the only potential problem is it might look a little silly going through small tunnels, and it might discourage taxi drivers.
Nobody uses taxis anyway because 90% of the time its a guy that doesnt even know that you speak on the Y button.
It does look a tad odd going through the tunnel, though thats not really a huge deal as it only lasts around 2-7 seconds depending on the tunnel, and yes i guess it does take away buisness from taxis, though compition is part of RP and taxis these days still are around with monorails in town, plus name me a taxi driver that actualy does his job on a regular basis, and dosnt just drive the taxi around as if its their own car, drives terribly with it, or kidnaps the passenger, or all of the above.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Haha, true that with the taxi bit.. Maybe I should start up a luxury VIP transport service one day.. Get a few good RPers and drivers with luxurious, safe looking cars and off I go..
(01-05-2012, 09:09 PM)Faustie Wrote: Haha, true that with the taxi bit.. Maybe I should start up a luxury VIP transport service one day.. Get a few good RPers and drivers with luxurious, safe looking cars and off I go..

I wouldn't get in a car with you no matter how safe it looked.
The following 1 user Likes Strom's post:
  • Faustie
You expect people to not contrawhore when 90 percent of the people on the server has done just that? Yeah its easy for you to say when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars of worth on you character. But most of these people are new players, what do you expect when they see people driving around in lamborghinis and BMWs, have tons of expensive guns, kevlar, etc? They can't have those things too? And this is coming from someone that has over 2 million worth and has done a LOT of contrawhoring to get there. In a community where most people raid randomly what do you expect them to do just leave and come back to find they got randomly raided? Bullshit.
The following 4 users Like NiT GriT's post:
  • Strom, Jan, ZeroSupport, Biowulf
(01-05-2012, 09:22 PM)NiT GriT Wrote: You expect people to not contrawhore when 90 percent of the people on the server has done just that? Yeah its easy for you to say when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars of worth on you character. But most of these people are new players, what do you expect when they see people driving around in lamborghinis and BMWs, have tons of expensive guns, kevlar, etc? They can't have those things too? And this is coming from someone that has over 2 million worth and has done a LOT of contrawhoring to get there. In a community where most people raid randomly what do you expect them to do just leave and come back to find they got randomly raided? Bullshit.

Exactly.
(01-05-2012, 09:17 PM)Strom Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 09:09 PM)Faustie Wrote: Haha, true that with the taxi bit.. Maybe I should start up a luxury VIP transport service one day.. Get a few good RPers and drivers with luxurious, safe looking cars and off I go..

I wouldn't get in a car with you no matter how safe it looked.

Dude don't you remember the primary school song?

Always trust a man..
In a big white van.