V2B1 Elevator speed should be increased
(12-10-2016, 09:36 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: The v4b1 elevator is a definite problem. Takes way too long to go up and down, and as soon as you go up, in raids, someone spams the button, making it go straight down again. Needs a fix badly.
(12-10-2016, 09:36 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: The v4b1 elevator is a definite problem. Takes way too long to go up and down, and as soon as you go up, in raids, someone spams the button, making it go straight down again. Needs a fix badly.

Something hugely needs to be done about the spamming thing, as that is what delays it the most imo 

+support
It is indeed possible to change the elevator speed with some code, I've done it on my beta server.

There's a problem with changing the speed; IF we change the speed the elevator does not stop correctly at the floors, it will stop either too far up or too far down compared to the floor.
I've tried a lot of different speeds as I designed a command to change the speed of the entity, even with a speed 10 faster than the current it fucks up.

If we had to change the speed of the elevator we would have to change the entity to a func_train instead of a func_tracktrain, a func_train is more precise and stops at the spots it's supposed to, func_tracktrain is extremely unprecise, hence why it doesn't even stop exactly at the floors right now.
The following 1 user Likes Rylund's post:
  • Marty

Also this is a huge problem.

Quote:It is indeed possible to change the elevator speed with some code, I've done it on my beta server.

There's a problem with changing the speed; IF we change the speed the elevator does not stop correctly at the floors, it will stop either too far up or too far down compared to the floor.
I've tried a lot of different speeds as I designed a command to change the speed of the entity, even with a speed 10 faster than the current it fucks up.

If we had to change the speed of the elevator we would have to change the entity to a func_train instead of a func_tracktrain, a func_train is more precise and stops at the spots it's supposed to, func_tracktrain is extremely unprecise, hence why it doesn't even stop exactly at the floors right now.

I had no idea this was possible, but if we somehow contact the developer of the map and ask him to change it to that, it would be great and worth the "effort" to re-download the map just for that one fix, since it although us small, it is a big roleplay changer.
This if you could use that code to make it stop at the right floors.

Also, if you can't change the speed, at least implement something to stop people from spamming the button somehow.

[Image: fearless_signature2.png]

Click HERE to see the best sh*t ever!

(12-11-2016, 10:49 AM)DooZ™ Wrote:

Also this is a huge problem.

Quote:It is indeed possible to change the elevator speed with some code, I've done it on my beta server.

I had no idea this was possible, but if we somehow contact the developer of the map and ask him to change it to that, it would be great and worth the "effort" to re-download the map just for that one fix, since it although us small, it is a big roleplay changer.
This if you could use that code to make it stop at the right floors.

Also, if you can't change the speed, at least implement something to stop people from spamming the button somehow.

Developer probably doesn't give a fuck lol.

+Support for somehow limiting the button being spammed.
definitely a problem, but it's hard to fix since the developer won't give two flying fucks about changing the map
neutral
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]

+Support
[Image: 9OySZ2W.png]

Was I of any help? +Rep
(12-10-2016, 08:06 PM)DreeBott Wrote: Pretty sure you cannot change it without changing the map, and you cannot change the Map without the file that the maker of the map has.
Also editing the Map would mean everyone would have to download the Map AGAIN just because of the speed change.

-Support

new players still have to redownload it anyways and it's only once.
I guess you could decompile the map, but I have never done that before, I have a rental laptop and it would be disrespectful to the creator.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Impossibru