Player Report: Generation
Name of player:[FL] Generation

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:37218289

Time in GMT: 22:30

Server: v4b1

Summary: Has Rebel as the job name for a police officer, Smells like FailRP to me...

Evidence:

[Image: VvBIfBD.jpg?1]

[Image: 6aRkoTj.png?1]

(Sorry about the quality, My monitor is awful)

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
This is a clear breakage of Rule 12.4

Hello, Generation at no point allied himself with the groups as displayed in his jobname.
I've recently made a new command for staff members to change the display color of your name when looking at you, this is to encourage people to do more roleplay and generally stop metagaming. (This command is currently in a test phase and might be removed in the future)

I've often seen people be police officers and going "undercover" within specific teams such as Corleones & Rebels, this is to gain better intel on what these groups plan on doing & to catch their criminal activities. This is exactly what Generation did, he used all information he gained within these groups to inform the sergeant of their activities and of their illegal content within their buildings.

12.4 You cannot ally with the underground jobs.
This is true, you cannot directly ally with underground jobs as that would be direct FailRP to only be police to be a Corleone/rebel, however, Generation used the opportunity of changing his job display color to get intel on what the underground jobs had of intentions. He didn't use this job/color in order to generally play as a corleone/rebel, he still did his police duties and reported every single detail he could get out of the groups.

As this is a player report on a staff member you'll have to wait for an SA or higher to respond to this player report, the above is purely my view on the situation.
-Involved- (Was in TS with him, and we spoke about a new level of Undercover RP)

SnowredWolf recently developed a new command for mods+, which allows us to change certain job colors to prevent metagaming, Generation did this, and with the job name "Rebel", there would be zero to none Metagaming.

This is not FailRP, it is solely a new level of Undercover roleplay.
His actual job is Police Officer, but his title is Rebel, again, this is to prevent Metagaming.

~Jonas.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
User has been warned for this post. Reason: Other 2 Points
-Warned-
I dont understand this.. If a normal user was to do this, they would've been warned/banned/blacklisted, However because it is staff he gets away with it?

(12-31-2016, 10:34 AM)Rαtαtσskrr Wrote: I dont understand this.. If a normal user was to do this, they would've been warned/banned/blacklisted, However because it is staff he gets away with it?

I've seen police go undercover within criminal groups ~5 times within my time as a staff member, every time I've praised their roleplay as it's unique and quite creative. 
I'd be surprised if you would see someone being banned for doing a fantastic job with roleplaying, if a normal user would have done the exact some roleplay as Generation with proper background and use it as an advantage for the police force, I'd highly doubt you would see them banned/blacklisted for such things.

He set the job to enhance the roleplay and avoid people metagaming by looking at his job, if he simply had kept "police officer" most people would use this information EVEN without doing it on purpose. Even the most experienced users do metagame, even if it's without knowing it: when you've seen someone with a job "police officer" you wouldn't treat him the same even if you want to.
1. You are only allowed to write in one of these topics, if you are:
the accused player
the accusing player
a witness or in any other important relation to the Ban Request.

You'd be surprised to see someone being banned even though they're creating and/or partaking in a fantastic roleplay?
Now that's where I call bull, seeing as with MY time on Fearless, I've seen a countless amount of roleplayers receive a one day ban for FailRP for having an 'unrealistic' roleplay, when in reality nothing about it is unrealistic whatsoever.
If a normal user would have been let's say a Police Officer and they'd change their custom job title to Rebel, I'm absolutely certain he would either be warned and/or banned/blacklisted for FailRP.
I've seen many people being told off about it in the past be it trough blacklists, bans or verbal warnings.

Whilst what you say on your last point is true regarding metagaming, it still does not change the fact you're treating Generation with special priviledges simply due to him being an Administrator.
Anyone else would get in trouble for having done what Generation did, and many have before.
Generation is held to higher standards yet will more than likely be left unpunished, I'd like you to tell me in what way exactly that is fair.

Not meant to be insulting nor offensive towards Generation, simply an objective point of view.
(12-31-2016, 01:43 PM)Agorith Wrote: - Snip -

Like Agorith said, i'm not trying to start trouble, I just think its unfair that Gen is allowed to do it but normal users have been warned/blacklisted/banned in the past Therefore he shouldn't have special treatment.

Thank you Agorith for putting It better than I can.

There's two reports on the same case, but since this is the older one, review will be taken here.

I'll look into this later today. Closing the other report for the time being.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]