Inactive staff team
At the end of the day, we will come on when we please. It's not a job, this is a game and we just do it voluntarily. I completely understand that we are held responsible for the well being of the servers, and we obviously do care about the servers or why would we be staff? If our activity is low then we'll likely get a nudge from a super admin to improve it. If we don't improve it then more serious words might have to be had.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(09-03-2016, 05:47 PM)Tomo Wrote: At the end of the day, we will come on when we please. It's not a job, this is a game and we just do it voluntarily. I completely understand that we are held responsible for the well being of the servers, and we obviously do care about the servers or why would we be staff? If our activity is low then we'll likely get a nudge from a super admin to improve it. If we don't improve it then more serious words might have to be had.

Fair enough, so why are people like Shadow still staff? Inactive for months on end, seems like no nudge has been given, let a lone more serious words.
(09-03-2016, 05:44 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 05:34 PM)Immo Wrote: I like how admins talk about no payments, whenever the community starts to require something from them. It has happend before in these kind of discussions throughout FL's time

You agreed and said yes to a staff spot, dont run away from your responsabillities because no payments.

Nope, the only reason Jan said what he said is because Yogi suggested there'd have to be specific times in which we are FORCED to be online and how failure to do so would result in punishment.
How is that reasonable? We're volunteers here, correct, and I believe the hours we spend on administrating and taking care of the community is firmly enough.
If we're going to be forced to be online within certain times each individually then yes I would expect payment.

This isn't our actual job, you do realise this?

Exactly why I said "maybe" when I gave my opinion on the matter, I understand your point but if the current way in which admins are active is not working maybe there should be a more organised way in which admins are encouraged to come on and administrate the server. Which includes a system of punishment. Idk if fearless has a system similar to this however I think it may help deal with the "Inactive staff team" problem

We must seize the memes of production!![Image: amiity_by_ratatoskrr1-dapwu5z.png]
(09-03-2016, 06:09 PM)Falc Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 05:47 PM)Tomo Wrote: At the end of the day, we will come on when we please. It's not a job, this is a game and we just do it voluntarily. I completely understand that we are held responsible for the well being of the servers, and we obviously do care about the servers or why would we be staff? If our activity is low then we'll likely get a nudge from a super admin to improve it. If we don't improve it then more serious words might have to be had.

Fair enough, so why are people like Shadow still staff? Inactive for months on end, seems like no nudge has been given, let a lone more serious words.

I got no idea about other staff. These talks would be private so idk who has been spoke to. I just know about myself.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • Agorith
Clearly none of the admins have ever actually volunteered in their life.

Let me break it down how it works, I have about 15 volunteers in my team. And guess what they are scheduled when to work.

They don't just turn up when they want to, if they don't turn up we have words with them and if it's continuous we let them go.

Just because you "volunteer" doesn't mean you can come and go when you want.

Just saying it's not the greatest defence plz no hate
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • Amiity, Nadrickk
(09-03-2016, 07:07 PM)Cunty Mcuntface Wrote: Clearly none of the admins have ever actually volunteered in their life.

Let me break it down how it works, I have about 15 volunteers in my team. And guess what they are scheduled when to work.

They don't just turn up when they want to, if they don't turn up we have words with them and if it's continuous we let them go.

For volunteer work you still actually get a very minor sum of money where I live, not sure how it works over there.
It also just generally is beneficial to you, can even get money from the government out of all of it.
It's a bit complex how it all works over here so I'm not the best at explaining it but yeah.
Just wanted to add that to it. Smile
(09-03-2016, 08:13 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 07:07 PM)Cunty Mcuntface Wrote: Clearly none of the admins have ever actually volunteered in their life.

For volunteer work you still actually get a very minor sum of money where I live, not sure how it works over there.
It also just generally is beneficial to you, can even get money from the government out of all of it.
It's a bit complex how it all works over here so I'm not the best at explaining it but yeah.
Just wanted to add that to it. Smile
the definition of a volounteer is: 1.a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task or 2.a person who works for an organization without being paid.

We must seize the memes of production!![Image: amiity_by_ratatoskrr1-dapwu5z.png]
either way it surely isn't to much to ask of a staff member to come on and off at certain times as an active admins.

Ghost has always been quite active tbf
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • Random
Stop giving administrator status to people who have played here for 1500 - 2000 hours.
Look at players that just joined, 100 - 200 hours. Get to know them and see if they could handle the job. Administration is NOT rocket science and a lot of people are willing and capable of doing it.

People with many hours generally get very bored of the server, if you offer the position to people who started recently they will be more energetic and motivated to play.
Anyone reasonable would know 99% of all the rules after 100 hours.

Get to know the low hour people! Go outside your bubble and "meet" people. There is 50 - 70 people on this server and 50% of them have potential!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.