Reintroduction of Superadmin Team?
(03-02-2015, 05:25 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 05:17 PM)Dex Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 05:08 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 05:05 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 04:48 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Would be nice if the community had a decision in who got mod/admin/super-admins. Because, ya know we're the ones keeping these servers running?
Feel free to send a recommendation but at the end of the day, we're ones who have to work alongside those promoted. If we don't get along with the player then we won't be a unified team.
And this is why people kiss-ass because you won't let people of whom aren't friends with the admin team be promoted. The system needs to change.
I partially agree with this statement. I do feel that people kiss up to the admins in the vain hope of getting a promotion and that's kinda been how it's worked for a long time. Before the promotion of Nacreas he was in TS with admins and mods every day and yeah that's probably how you're going to get recognised however, they do have to bring someone into the team who they're going to get along with, they're not going to bring someone in who doesn't get on with anyone in the team because when you become a moderator or admin you leave role-playing, you're horded with @ calls. I imagine that a lot of communication goes on between staff members too and this requires for them to get along and I'm sure it makes being a staff member much more enjoyable.
(Sorry to use you as an example Nacreas, not saying you kissed ass but just that you were evidently friends with the staff prior to being promoted)
It's obviously hard to judge someone if you don't know them.. but I personally have turned down (voted down) people I don't really see fit for the position even how great they are and good friends we are, and so have many other admins. Some think they could be good admins/mods, but the blatant truth, not many does. At least not on FL.
But folks, let's stop the bashing and picking up names to use for your arguments. It honestly is really pathetic.

Not here to h8 on the h8t'ers but you can hardly say that when you tried to get your best mate(Wood) to mod :/
@NightFury I wasn't calling anybody a kiss-ass for the record, pal.
Nacreas I understand how it is aha Wink
(03-02-2015, 04:48 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 09:16 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: Weird how many people think we just decided to re-implement super admins without putting a lot of thought into it. Believe me, all the concerns posted above have already been taken into consideration.

Would be nice if the community had a decision in who got mod/admin/super-admins. Because, ya know we're the ones keeping these servers running?

Feel free to send a recommendation but at the end of the day, we're ones who have to work alongside those promoted. If we don't get along with the player then we won't be a unified team.

And this is why people kiss-ass because you won't let people of whom aren't friends with the admin team be promoted. The system needs to change.

It is you that is failing to understand. What you are saying is what it used to be. The days of Narc. This was not a good staff system and it is nothing like this now. I am only a moderator so obviously I can not speak on behalf of the admin side of the team. But you can all be as spiteful and anti-staff as you want. This team right now is very unbias. This is what a long time player like myself wished the team would be like. It is why coming back to the server I hoped to get the chance to work with this team, unlike the last in which I had no interest in. Kissing ass gets you no where. You can speculate all you want but all the new promotions since I have been back have been if anything random to a player like myself that was use to partially bias staff picks. Players are finally getting a chance at being part of a unified team that truly cares about this server and it is just based off of their own abilities and knowledge to understand and care about this server and its community. Most of the staff were not friends before they were promoted and I cannot stress enough how the promotion process (again only knowing as much as you do about it) has seemingly improved. I love this community, I am on the server daily for more than a couple hours. I am not bias and I treat everyone equally. This can not be argued as I have had experiences with you as well on both sides. I have been fair and admitted my mistakes. That is what this team is now. It is what it should always have been but wasn't. I agree in the sense that the community does help this server stay running as amazing as it is. With their roleplay, love for the server and care for each other. But there is a reason the community is not part of the promotion process, not only are these positions so fundamentally important to keep the server running but these people are entrusted with a lot of responsibility. As a long time player I would never want the community to pick the staff team. A similar bias would happen that happened with Narc where it was a bunch of friends that just end up getting promoted instead of those members who showed initiative and those aspects that a leader and a staff member should possess. I guarantee this will not be the case this time around. You can hold me to that. I know what Narcotic was like, he tried this shit on me. He wanted people to kiss his ass. It fed his ego. This is no longer a problem. Point is the community needs to remain united and together it will be amazing again. It has improved so much. You need to let go of the past and realize the difference and strides that this gamemode has made. The negativity helps no one and if anything being an experienced player, other players look up to you and it pushes them in this same negative direction. It takes back progress we make on a better, happier server. So please for you and anyone else who feels the need to badger staff members and accuse them of such things. Take a moment and realize why you are doing it. Are you really here to voice an actual concern? Or do you just want to cause problems. Because if you have an actual concern just talk to us. There is no need to make public, abusive statements to get a reaction.

TLDR: You can hate on this team as much as you like. But this bias does not exist. We are one community all together. We care about your opinions. They mean a lot to us, but we want to have a civilized discussion. Bashing us for attention or reactions just creates a toxic aura that only bruises an improving community.
The following 1 user Likes Rolorox's post:
  •
(03-02-2015, 05:23 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 05:18 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 04:48 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Would be nice if the community had a decision in who got mod/admin/super-admins. Because, ya know we're the ones keeping these servers running?
Friends?
I barely knew half of the current administrators when they were promoted to moderators. We recommend people who show good roleplaying skills, understanding of the rules, and a general good attitude. A lot of the time one or more of the admins may be friendly with the player, but that is because we try to get to know those who we see a lot on the server.
Ah yes that is why you're always talking to Rickets, Pinky, Temar, Decay, Narc, Shadow on TS? Ah yes, I see..

Note: Awks, just noticed that I said the same thing as Dex. Tounge

I didn't know Rickets when he was first promoted, nor Pinky or Decay for that matter. When I was first promoted I didn't know Shadow or Temar. The only two people I knew on the team were Grub and Jamie. I knew Nacreas* before he was promoted and he knew many of the staff, yes. That does not mean he was immediately given a staff rank. He went through the same process as every other candidate.
The following 2 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • , Nacreas
(03-02-2015, 05:28 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 05:25 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 05:17 PM)Dex Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 05:05 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: Feel free to send a recommendation but at the end of the day, we're ones who have to work alongside those promoted. If we don't get along with the player then we won't be a unified team.
I partially agree with this statement. I do feel that people kiss up to the admins in the vain hope of getting a promotion and that's kinda been how it's worked for a long time. Before the promotion of Nacreas he was in TS with admins and mods every day and yeah that's probably how you're going to get recognised however, they do have to bring someone into the team who they're going to get along with, they're not going to bring someone in who doesn't get on with anyone in the team because when you become a moderator or admin you leave role-playing, you're horded with @ calls. I imagine that a lot of communication goes on between staff members too and this requires for them to get along and I'm sure it makes being a staff member much more enjoyable.
(Sorry to use you as an example Nacreas, not saying you kissed ass but just that you were evidently friends with the staff prior to being promoted)
It's obviously hard to judge someone if you don't know them.. but I personally have turned down (voted down) people I don't really see fit for the position even how great they are and good friends we are, and so have many other admins. Some think they could be good admins/mods, but the blatant truth, not many does. At least not on FL.
But folks, let's stop the bashing and picking up names to use for your arguments. It honestly is really pathetic.
Not here to h8 on the h8t'ers but you can hardly say that when you tried to get your best mate(Wood) to mod :/
Okay,
Wood, is not my best mate. Let's make that clear. He's a friend on FL yeah, but not best mate.

Secondly, you haven't really looked at the facts, you have only heard rumours and what people have said that is quite different. Wood was suggested by me, yes, because I at the time saw him fit for the role. Other info about him appeared up and that caused him not to be promoted, and I can't say I didn't agree with what was presented and the opinion of the other admins and the final decision. Some opinions I didn't agree with, but some I did indeed and that how things are and definitely should be. Worth mentioning is that I've suggested other people for mod/admin beyond my friend circle and some are admins now.

You don't really know how things works so I imagine it's fairly easy for you to draw a conclusion without the hard facts. Oh and I can say that. So what? I suggested someone I knew? Sue me! If I knew someone I thought would fit, my friend or not, I would suggest him or her. You are really just throwing bullshit arguments that doesn't go with the context.

I suggest you back off. Smile
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 3 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Link, Wood,
I'm not claiming anybody to be bias, and I don't think Ghost is either, he just feels the community should have a say in promotions.
And also, nobody's bashing the team, the team are doing a great job I've got 11 bans and there's a few early ones I don't feel like I deserved but since the team has came around I've deserved every single one of them and I've learnt my lesson because of it. I wish the team was like this when I was new to the game, I see so many new players being let off with warnings which is great because sometimes they just need to recap the rules and they definitely deserve a chance, where as when I was new to the server I had about 2 bans when I wasn't even brought up to the roof, I was just straight up banned for some pretty controversial stuff too (Things a 30 hour wouldn't know) and they didn't even educate me on the rules which is probably why it took so long for me to follow them properly.
[Image: agJIP.gif]
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 6 users Like Link's post:
  • Dex, Mysterius, Mustang, James_Gaff, GRiiM,
Just reading about how to get admin and what not... I never kissed ass, if anything, I bugged the shit out of the admins. They saw I had what it took, if I had a question about rules, I asked. The one who recommended me, I've only ever talked to when I had a question. I'd ask it and be done.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 2 users Like SirCrow's post:
  • Link,
Well, this thread has turned into yet again a boring argument of people causing shit with each other.

Ghost I'm sorry, but no one cares you instantly hate everyone promoted, I dunno maybe you are butthurt or something.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • General Rickets, Wood
Sorry we can no longer talk George, our secret conspiracies have been revealed.

[Image: tgKPf9U.png]

The following 11 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Mustang, SirCrow, Zecon, livkx, Wood, GeorgeTheBoy, James_Gaff, Link, Burnett, Faustie, Nacreas