Car Customization!
(11-23-2014, 10:35 AM)Zeus Wrote:
(11-23-2014, 07:07 AM)Voluptious Wrote:
(11-23-2014, 12:52 AM)tobiashj Wrote:
(11-22-2014, 11:13 PM)Voluptious Wrote: -snip-
The tools for it is already there so it wont be too much stress.
If the tools already are there and it wouldn't cause too much stress then why aren't they already enabled?

And you say that customizable hoods, bumpers, grills, windows, rims, racing stickers and special colors already are there? because i doubt it

Because a system would have to be made?.. Because there's been other priorities?.. It's all in due time, as mavis just said.
My point, i think there is more pressing things to add before this
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
(11-23-2014, 08:51 AM)MavisDracula Wrote: A new color thingy is coming up. Where you will be able to choose your skin and bodygroup your car. Just hold on Smile

woohoo! Cheese cant wait for it Smile 
+Support!
+/- Support. I'm all for nice, customizeable content that can make for more and plentiful RP opportunities. Perhaps certain car parts can make a car able to take more damage, for example. My only objection is that it would further increase the total size of files needed on the server, which we have to weigh up against the new roleplay situations we can get out of implementing this. So far, I'm not sure it's worth it.
(11-24-2014, 03:23 PM)Tribal Wrote: +/- Support. I'm all for nice, customizeable content that can make for more and plentiful RP opportunities. Perhaps certain car parts can make a car able to take more damage, for example. My only objection is that it would further increase the total size of files needed on the server, which we have to weigh up against the new roleplay situations we can get out of implementing this. So far, I'm not sure it's worth it.

The new TDM cars already come with custom parts you can add to them. However, because the server doesn't have the context menu we cannot use them. The file sizes would not increase and come on if you can download everything to join FL you can download a few MB's.
+support
+Support
+support
(11-25-2014, 06:33 AM)Sgt. Suarez Wrote: The new TDM cars already come with custom parts you can add to them. However, because the server doesn't have the context menu we cannot use them. The file sizes would not increase and come on if you can download everything to join FL you can download a few MB's.

So you're saying that if we simply had a context menu, we could apply all of these parts to the appropriate vehicle out of the box, no problem? How do you see this happening, by the way, logistically? The model reloading with every change made?
i think little things to make your car customize able would be good. such as different skins for cars and adding small features such as names on your car that would be cool.

+support