People stealing my dupes?
I noticed that "Adolf_Hipster" had made a very bad copy of my dupe and was trying to sell it when he 1. never bought it from me 2. it's my design and he's trying to make money off of it. What should I do? I have pics for proof if needed.
Well he built it himself and your design idea isn't copyrighted on FL.

There's only a chance that something could be done if the dupe was say, in the public folder and he was selling it.
However this BR was denied for just that - http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...#pid359582
This was discussed a little bit here - http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=46004 but I don't believe that it progressed any further (unless it was talked about privately between staff).
Thanks GRiiM, I posted it in the suggestions to hopefully get a rule in place but I doubt it.
So because someone else built something that's similar you want him banned ? A lot of things are similar in this game. People can't be running about like oh he used the same panel as me ima post a BR lol...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Im have same problem with one player im sell him my dupe and he public that.

Did I helped you in this post?
              Give me reputation here!
                               Polish Community Member

No, why would you want a rule to stop it? Be proud your ideas used, don't cry at the fact someone likes it and would like to make one like it.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I was just simply stating the it was a little insulting that he didn't want to pay for the dupe that I spent time creating and simply created a thrown together version and tried to sell it. I'm okay if he would have asked me for permission I would have said Go Ahead! I want people to learn to use the tools they have a create awesome dupes to better the community and the RP experience. However he was completely rude to me about it telling me to "F- Off, My design is better, I've already made 1 million off of my dupe" All of which are lies but still. What's done is done. I'll leave it at that.
At the end of the day, he built it himself. If it was poorly built, I doubt many people would actually buy it anyway.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Wood
When faced with a copycat, act within the confines of the law and rules, market your own dupe as being the original, having better precision, perhaps even cheaper. Steal the copycat's customers. Take charge and dominate the dupe market on the server that the copycat is trying to sell his botched dupe, for the time being at least.

When faced with a copycat, outplay the copycat.
The following 3 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Chumps, Rustled, Bowiii
(11-14-2014, 09:55 PM)Wood Wrote: No, why would you want a rule to stop it? Be proud your ideas used, don't cry at the fact someone likes it and would like to make one like it.

I agree 100% with Wood , someone tries to Re-make your dupe be happy , because they love it so much and maybe can't afford it.
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon