My thoughts on the administration
(02-11-2013, 03:23 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 02:42 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: 3. As it has been said, keeping a calm, cool manner in @ and OOC (it should be in the entire game, actually) helps you. I find it quite annoying to see a new player with <5 hours make a mistake (accidental metagaming, ask a simple question etc.) to which the majority of players respond "In metaland, MEEETAAAAAAA, Metatastic!" etc. over OOC.

I agree, if people can take the time to scream meta at the person they can take the time to say "Please use /advert instead of OOC to advertise or talk about in game information."
I find people listen more when you are more descriptive to them.

Well, in my opinion, its their own fault that they're metagaming, because the rules are thrown in your face when you join, and for a reason. You're supposed to read the rules BEFORE you start playing, not after. If someone then responds to their metagaming with "meta", they should then go "Oh, right, that was against the rules, because I decided not to be an idiot and actually read the server rules"!
The following 2 users Like Verenikin's post:
  • Joykill, Dr Tomorrow
(02-11-2013, 04:10 PM)Verenikin Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 03:23 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 02:42 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: 3. As it has been said, keeping a calm, cool manner in @ and OOC (it should be in the entire game, actually) helps you. I find it quite annoying to see a new player with <5 hours make a mistake (accidental metagaming, ask a simple question etc.) to which the majority of players respond "In metaland, MEEETAAAAAAA, Metatastic!" etc. over OOC.

I agree, if people can take the time to scream meta at the person they can take the time to say "Please use /advert instead of OOC to advertise or talk about in game information."
I find people listen more when you are more descriptive to them.

Well, in my opinion, its their own fault that they're metagaming, because the rules are thrown in your face when you join, and for a reason. You're supposed to read the rules BEFORE you start playing, not after. If someone then responds to their metagaming with "meta", they should then go "Oh, right, that was against the rules, because I decided not to be an idiot and actually read the server rules"!

Sometimes people need reminding of the rules.
Lead by example.
(02-10-2013, 02:43 PM)Ruxandra Wrote: Don't care.

Why the hell are you even admin.
The following 7 users Like GunFISH's post:
  • Burrito Warrior, Joykill, Makarov, Nadrickk, Karakuts, Moisty, Theblackshadowofgod

What little respect I had for you vanished with that comment.
The following 2 users Like Makarov's post:
  • Burrito Warrior, Warior135
(02-11-2013, 11:39 AM)trouserlessliam Wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcTSnKiPwJg

That was funny XD

Quaint

Ontopic:

From what i can gather though from the admins/Ex-admins who have responded is that they were/still are just as swamped with calls as they were back when I was on the team, one problem ive noticed being stated is another one I had back then.

Sometimes admin chat being lumped together with normal chat and being unable to tell the difference, perhaps adding another chat filter that would allow you to see just the @ chat calls and pms?

I remember alot of the time when i was on the server back before I would just come on, phase myself and spend the next hour invisible patroling the server for rule breakings, RP events that could use a point, and responding to calls, but of course when your 1 admin to 50 people your chat can easily become swamped, or you just loose the @ calls in the flood of messages.

If somthing like this already exists then perhaps more North American based moderators to fill the timezone gap.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Threads like these have been made countless times and were always expected, hence my lack of care about it. Everyday when we are on the server and it's 40+ players on we get swarmed with requests, some better than the other of course and we strive our best to actually meet all of them. This is manual labour and there's only one way to help us. Make ban requests since they are rather easy to solve if conclusive.

This thread, like most of them was made to point fingers based on assumptions. Just another guy that made "ADMIN TO ME OMFG" request and we didn't bother to respond because he didn't follow his common sense.

And I am going to threat this thread like every other similar, as spam.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
(02-12-2013, 01:20 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: And I am going to threat this thread like every other similar, as spam.
Perhaps you should treat it as an admin, rather than a child?
The following 2 users Like edgie's post:
  • Rowan13, 7rozen_7ear_

EDIT- Bellow comes unbearable amounts of sarcasm:

My mouth is watering at how fast to pounce on Ruxandra everyone was on this one.
Lol @ admins that took this as a chance to openly distinguish themselves from the vile perpetrator Ruxandra.

[Image: wU4MW7h.png]
[Image: B6nW6le.png]

Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
Admin removed, beflok closed. - rowan

I trade Tea for rep.
The following 1 user Likes Rowan13's post:
  • BombFire
(02-12-2013, 01:20 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: And I am going to threat this thread like every other similar, as spam.

Wikipedia Wrote:Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages, especially advertising, indiscriminately.
I am in no way sending bulk messages. I disagree on most of what you said, but we all got our own opinions. Can we discuss mine, please?