Moderator promotions
(11-20-2012, 06:13 PM)Infernaw Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 06:07 PM)Ne0ster Wrote: I have 1 minor request. Could the moderators warn us before banning or kicking? Maybe if we build a watch tower in our base or something like that.. Most people wouldnt know that is agaisnt the ruled and gets kicked or banned. Could the mod tell us that this is against the rules and tell us to remove the prop? Instead of just banning/kicking on the spot. Cause it kinda scares me since im quite new and i unsure if what i do is agaisnt the rules sometimes Smile

Sounds like the moderators are extremely ban happy instead of guiding, talking, teaching the new players how it's done... Or am I wrong?

'Cause the moment someone said the F-word on OOC, he got banned for a day...

Exactly! They arnt giving the 'this is a friendly community' impression.. It feels like 'Dont bother joining if you dont know how to read rules' new players might have a bad impression :/
(11-20-2012, 06:07 PM)Ne0ster Wrote: I have 1 minor request. Could the moderators warn us before banning or kicking? Maybe if we build a watch tower in our base or something like that.. Most people wouldnt know that is agaisnt the ruled and gets kicked or banned. Could the mod tell us that this is against the rules and tell us to remove the prop? Instead of just banning/kicking on the spot. Cause it kinda scares me since im quite new and i unsure if what i do is agaisnt the rules sometimes Smile

Sounds like the moderators are extremely ban happy instead of guiding, talking, teaching the new players how it's done... Or am I wrong?

I'd like to be the first one to scream "YOU'RE WRONG" right now.

You are using the word "Moderators"

So, based on nothing you are accusing all of us for being extremely ban happy? Thats pure fucking bullshit, you obviously do not know what you are talking about.

I only ban if its really necessary, I know who is being spoken of here. If you look at the Ban Section you would too, but you shoulndt be accusing all of us.
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Eeee394

As for that, how can all of us be extremely ban happy, if I haven't even banned a single user yet?
(11-20-2012, 09:41 PM)Equal Wrote:

I'd like to be the first one to scream "YOU'RE WRONG" right now.

You are using the word "Moderators"

So, based on nothing you are accusing all of us for being extremely ban happy? Thats pure freaking bullshit, you obviously do not know what you are talking about.

I only ban if its really necessary, I know who is being spoken of here. If you look at the Ban Section you would too, but you shoulndt be accusing all of us.

I'm just mentioning what I've seen. I even got told to f*ck off because of my usual @ messages I do when an admin friend is online.

I certainly know what I'm talking about. And you're just doing what Ne0 said, you're being rude in general, and now because people happen to have opinions against you.

Excuse me for not pointing out exact names. Oh, I must be suck a prick!
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 2 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Nadrickk, Flux
Everybody ontopic, no need to make this thread going into a discussion about the actions of the moderators. They are unexperienced yet and will need some time to adjust their judgement.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • Narc
It's very easy, really.
They are moderators. If they think you deserve a ban, they'll ban you.
If your ban is unfair, make an unban request.
If someone else is getting banned for a reason you think is wrong or incorrect, so what?
It's not you who is getting banned, and there isn't a single damn you can do about it.

If you don't like someone who is a moderator or his/her behaviour, so what?
Again, they are chosen already and there isn't a single thing you can do about it. If the behaviour of someone is really inappropriate I'm sure they'll hear about it.

You can whine in this thread as much as you want, but it won't solve anything.

This is a neutral opinion of me, no flame reply on anyone who responded in this thread.
Perhaps also give them the ability to give roleplay points?

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
(11-20-2012, 10:26 PM)Small Bear Wrote: Perhaps also give them the ability to give roleplay points?

Will have to be discussed, although we see a lot if RP, a reason why we want to, but not necessarily should have.

Let's stay on-topic though.
The following 1 user Likes Narc's post:
  • Small Bear
Today was my first real day of moderation. It went pretty well I think. Players were generally happy about what we were doing and we actually got along fine Smile
I didn't ban a lot of people, as I deem it unnecessary half of the time, explaining works wonders too once in a while.
[Image: Fearless.png]
PM | Email | Steam                    
(11-20-2012, 10:10 PM)Theblackshadowofgod Wrote: It's very easy, really.
They are moderators. If they think you deserve a ban, they'll ban you.
If your ban is unfair, make an unban request.
If someone else is getting banned for a reason you think is wrong or incorrect, so what?
It's not you who is getting banned, and there isn't a single damn you can do about it.

If you don't like someone who is a moderator or his/her behaviour, so what?
Again, they are chosen already and there isn't a single thing you can do about it. If the behaviour of someone is really inappropriate I'm sure they'll hear about it.

You can whine in this thread as much as you want, but it won't solve anything.

This is a neutral opinion of me, no flame reply on anyone who responded in this thread.
Not whining but they ban for 24 hours so you can't dispute it. I have noticed an extreme drop in business as a BMD due to 70% of rebels and mob just get banned. Maybe letting up on the hammer a little or perhaps just removing those classes from the game.