Poll: Is falcao doomforting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
49.06%
26 49.06%
No
45.28%
24 45.28%
Dont know
5.66%
3 5.66%
Total 53 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Doomforting Falcao
Honestly, the fight could have been won with a simple blitz play. Pop off a few concussions and rush.

There were only 2 of them in there.

And from my understanding, the door was not even locked.
The following 2 users Like Hitman's post:
  • Tomo, Grunt
(12-15-2015, 02:59 AM)Hitman Wrote: Honestly, the fight could have been won with a simple blitz play. Pop off a few concussions and rush.

It could have been done better I agree but that still doesnt bring up any valid points. The amount of people and the competency of the raiders does not change the fact that textures were blatantly used to cause the raiders to be "confused".
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
Right so, considering I was a pretty big part in this all I'd like to have an input....(that's my way of saying I'm having one)

I explained to Falcao how I thought this was a doom fort. Less than 30 seconds later he teleported me in, put the raid on hold and brought in Hitman. They both explained how it wasn't and covered the ground with doom forting. I was still a little bit weary as I felt that the general build was in violation of rule 18.4 (realistic chances of successful attack) however Hitman then showed me the positions and the space we had to hit anyone in there was extremely large and simple enough to do so. I would say defending from that position was just as difficult as attacking. They also spawned in the bunker prop to show this.

All this in turn changed my opinion, also the Molotovs were not only thrown by Falcao but also by the attacking side. Decay fucked up 3 if memory serves me correctly. And xtreme your guys didn't do too much better with them.

Not to mention Tomo also came in checked it over and said it wasn't. I was satisfied. BTW the OOC was pretty jokey and laid back at that point as clearly I am not gonna 1v1 pistol whip someone.... :/

In turn I doubt it was a doomfort, a little sketchy at first yes, but if you were there with myself Mike Falcao Hitman and Tomo I'm sure you would have seen what I seen.

Smile
[Image: giphy.gif]
You cant use solid black as a material for a base. I've been warned countless times for this and my friend has been banned for "doomfort" last I remember using this type of material.
The following 2 users Like Jericho's post:
  • MrSir, Agorith
(12-15-2015, 02:48 AM)Ali Wrote: "You cannot build complex mazes, tiny firing holes, toggled cover using the fading door tool, you cannot force people to crouch, and you cannot use materials that dazzle, blind or visually confuse the raiding party."

The materials were obviously selected so that the back prop's texture was the same as the front prop's texture. What else would be the point in placing a wall there. None.

Can you explain your reasoning behind placing the wall behind the props and having them the same colour other than to visually confuse the raiders?

This here is really simple.
Just what you brought up here is a clear answer that Falcaos base is not allowed.
I dont get whats so difficult to understand, and this im saying to everyone that says it isnt a doomfort.
(12-15-2015, 02:59 AM)Hitman Wrote: Honestly, the fight could have been won with a simple blitz play. Pop off a few concussions and rush.

This thread isnt about if it could be made more easy or not, We talking about him doomforting as an admin.
They were 3 of what ive saw from the video.
And the front door cannot be locked, its a public door. (We are talking about Slums apartments v2d.)

Correct, the door was unlocked, mollie's were thrown which destroyed the panels on the side, then people did concussion rush after it was suggested by Falcao in OOC which in turn killed myself and Falcao managed to survive the wave as I acted as a distraction.

OT: Having been inside the slum's apartments at the time, this certainly was not a doom fort. It is very easy to get into, all it takes is some team work on the police side of things and one good concussion grenade throw.

I have seen proper doom forts in the slums apt's where people would blatantly shoot through a panel right next to the front door by double dooring (not naming names, but one of the people in this thread will know who they are) which meant it was almost impossible to break through the door.

But there is no shit storm about that is there? Yeah maybe some rage in OOC, but as soon as its an admin and people cant coordinate their team properly, it becomes the admin's fault. There was even someone saying Falcao had god mode on :L

OT TL;DR Not a doom fort, sort your team work out, then we can talk.
Are you seriously still complaining that he beat you in a raid? First, you accused him of using God Mode, now Doomforting? Seriously? Sounds like a personal vendetta to me...
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(12-15-2015, 12:09 PM)Reebs Wrote: Are you seriously still complaining that he beat you in a raid? First, you accused him of using God Mode, now Doomforting? Seriously? Sounds like a personal vendetta to me...

Noone of us said Falcao used God mode, i saw some random say it in OOC.
This is not a personal vendetta, as an admin you should be known by all the rules, this is why we are taking this up.
People have been banned for the exact same kind of a building like falcao did.

Edit: And this is not about he beaten "us" in a raid, Firstly i didnt even die, and secondly if i did i would honestly don´t care.
I've done this style of base and one with Falcao in fact. How anyone can say it is a doomfort is beyond me... Just because you cannot coordinate a team and infiltrate a base with like 2-3 guys in it clearly shows something about how 'good' you are.

This is obviously just butthurt people complaining about losing a raid.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 1 user Likes Huskii's post:
  • aDisabledDeer