What happened to FL?
I say we should focus on events more. Also yeah I miss Narc and KJ. :/
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 2 users Like Falcon's post:
  • Lewwings, Archer
Jonas' idea of monthly passive nights was awesome. Why wasn't that continued after his resignation?
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 2 users Like Archer's post:
  • Lewwings, Falcon
(05-31-2018, 06:41 PM)Archer Wrote: Jonas' idea of monthly passive nights was awesome. Why wasn't that continued after his resignation?

More passive nights would definitely be good, It's a chance for aggressive RP'ers to show they can Passive Roleplay if they wan't too, As well as the general playerbase being bought together to have fun together. Somebody suggest this.
The following 3 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Archer, Falcon, Lewwings
I suggest we do more passive nights again
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 5 users Like Yonno's post:
  • JackZ, Falcon, Pollux, Lewwings, Luna
move to arma 3
[Image: fc5d486605e9927d1db6571ea04f89bf.png]
The following 1 user Likes Fry's post:
  • Awestruck
(05-31-2018, 07:24 PM)Fry Wrote: move to arma 3

fearlessrp arma rp server?
(05-31-2018, 05:25 AM)Kevin Ramsey Wrote: -snip-

Garry's mod is not outdated, the CityRP for FL is, looking at other communities (no advertising at all), there is some servers that has a minimum of 80 people out of 110 at all times. We're in 2018 and when there is some sort of suggestion being suggested, the main argument is -"it will cause lag/gamemode cannot handle it". That is a big problem I find, as mentioned, others have fully customized servers that runs smooth, I do not understand why this gamemode cannot handle that. If so, why not make a change?

I believe FL should expand into other gamemodes such as TTT,  Prophunt, and perhaps jailbreak? Basically any popular gamemode except for DarkRP. And once we have new servers with different gamemodes, advertise CityRP from there with a "join" button along with other servers. When I first got Gmod in summer 2013, the first gamemode that caught my eye was "CityRP" as it was quite popular and had a high population and of course was higher in the list in the gamemodes browser than it is now. 

I believe people don't know about CityRP that much considering it's not a popular gamemode and isn't in the top list of gamemodes. Once we have a higher population and it's in the top gamemodes in the list, we might have to start getting more servers to catch up with the growing population.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Archer
(05-31-2018, 08:02 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 05:25 AM)Kevin Ramsey Wrote: -snip-

Garry's mod is not outdated, the CityRP for FL is, looking at other communities (no advertising at all), there is some servers that has a minimum of 80 people out of 110 at all times. We're in 2018 and when there is some sort of suggestion being suggested, the main argument is -"it will cause lag/gamemode cannot handle it". That is a big problem I find, as mentioned, others have fully customized servers that runs smooth, I do not understand why this gamemode cannot handle that. If so, why not make a change?

I believe FL should expand into other gamemodes such as TTT,  Prophunt, and perhaps jailbreak? Basically any popular gamemode except for DarkRP. And once we have new servers with different gamemodes, advertise CityRP from there with a "join" button along with other servers. When I first got Gmod in summer 2013, the first gamemode that caught my eye was "CityRP" as it was quite popular and had a high population and of course was higher in the list in the gamemodes browser than it is now. 

I believe people don't know about CityRP that much considering it's not a popular gamemode and isn't in the top list of gamemodes. Once we have a higher population and it's in the top gamemodes in the list, we might have to start getting more servers to catch up with the growing population.

The main problem is competition and development time with expanding to any other gamemodes, Soul would also very likely have to make the call if he wants to expand. While development is really ramping up, we simply can not handle maintaining regular updates for both CityRP and any other gamemode we go to.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Conspiracy?
Kind Regards

That guy. Ive resigned from contributor 4 times now.
(05-31-2018, 07:29 PM)Dobbs Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 07:24 PM)Fry Wrote: move to arma 3

fearlessrp arma rp server?

i'd be well down for that, it'd be sick, clan opportunities in terms of aggr. rp would be 10000x better. A well done Altis life-esque server would be super popular i think

OT: I've burned out of Garry's Mod and the game-mode in general, the map also discouraged me from playing as well. Hopefully Pines will help to revitalize the player number somewhat. I appreciate the work contributors are doing and have done, but I still feel a lack of involvement or excitement when I join the server nowadays, like there is nothing to really look forward to. Regular passive/aggressive nights would definitely be a step in the right direction to help grow and strengthen the community.

The community itself has also naturally changed a lot since I joined in early 2014, and not necessarily for the better, but I think that's been discussed by others enough and I agree with their points. 

It's just a natural decline, in my opinion. You can only keep it fresh for so long, and (going from banner) this year is FL's 10th year of existence, it's a credit to the community it's been around so long. However, bar drastic moves (such as transitions to other games or game modes @Zombie) the decay will only continue. I don't know if there is a fix-all solution to the perceived decline.
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]