More ranting at the administration
I just want to say a little thing.

When an abuse thread is placed on me I take it seriously, not a joke. The S.A. team review all the cases and look at both sides.

Evidence is something which is always required when accusing someone of a wrongdoing. A video or screenshot is required and logs can help back that up.
Regards,
aviator
(07-24-2013, 07:53 PM)Aviator Wrote: Evidence is something which is always required when accusing someone of a wrongdoing. A video or screenshot is required and logs can help back that up.

This is what I find the problem. In 9/10 cases you find clear proof in the logs. Another solution could be to make the logs public.
Making the logs public is an idiotic idea.

One of the flaws of it, is the fact people would see who killed them, and then revenge kill them.

You can simply give the administrators+ a time and they'll check the logs. Simple as that.

That's just one of the flaws, I can name many more.
(07-24-2013, 07:57 PM)Pavilion Wrote: Making the logs public is an idiotic idea.

One of the flaws of it, is the fact people would see who killed them, and then revenge kill them.

This isn't exactly the thread to discuss whether or not to make logs public. It was on a side note.

Also I did make a possible solution
(07-24-2013, 07:57 PM)Pavilion Wrote: Making the logs public is an idiotic idea.

You can simply give the administrators+ a time and they'll check the logs. Simple as that.

Overall thats not exactly a huge flaw, if someone is doing that then they will get caught and banned, and no doubt all possable restrict their access to the logs.

Much like anything on FL, somthing like that is abusable, but the ability to check the logs is prettymuch invaluable, this is from personal experience.

If the fear of abuse is still around, then perhaps a whitelisted system to make sure that those besides admins/mods who have access can be trusted.

Though Jonas does have a point about how some abuse can only be discovered by checking the logs
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 6 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Joykill, Vermillion, Crownguard, equal, A_Grape, LoneWolf
Throughout the entirety of the time I have been here on FL I've seen many, many admin abuse posts. How many were actually legit? One single thread. It's hard for the community to take many of the admin abuse threads seriously considering 99% are due to a person being mad because he was banned, blacklisted or kicked and generally due to them not bothering to read the rules.

If an admin abuses, I am sure you can reach other to your Steam screenshot button or hit record on Fraps or another recording software. Considering if they are abusing then surely it would last longer than a second in which it takes you to hit that button.
Lead by example.
You can make up for the lack of evidence by providing a reason for suspicion along with relatively precise times and the server so logs can be checked.
(07-24-2013, 08:18 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote: Throughout the entirety of the time I have been here on FL I've seen many, many admin abuse posts. How many were actually legit? One single thread. It's hard for the community to take many of the admin abuse threads seriously considering 99% are due to a person being mad because he was banned, blacklisted or kicked and generally due to them not bothering to read the rules.

If an admin abuses, I am sure you can reach other to your Steam screenshot button or hit record on Fraps or another recording software. Considering if they are abusing then surely it would last longer than a second in which it takes you to hit that button.

In the case I am referring to, the certain admin turned into a midge. He was about the size of regular folks feet. Wasn't exactly easy to get a screenshot, considering he ran around, and I had to point in a very small area for his name to show.
Also things went pretty fast. At least 5 people was around, running after him, chasing etc. My job at that point as an police officers was to calm the public. It was not possible for me to make up evidence at that point.
Not being able to acquire solid evidence such as a screenshot or video doesn't mean you cannot post an abuse thread.

I'll quote directly from our ruleset regarding abuse threads:

Faustie Wrote:All admin abuse threads most follow the template posted on this forum, and witnesses are not evidence. If you are unable to provide your own evidence, this does NOT MEAN an admin abuse claim is void, but you must provide a time so we can check the logs if possible.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Pavilion
I have seen this too, the midget thing I mean. I personally think it ruins all RP, it's a fun command obviously and shoulnd't be available to ANYONE.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]