On Social acceptance
Too late I've had 15 years of them being douchebags to me I've told that they are disrespecting me.. They all but admitted they hate me.
In all honesty they never were my family.

My family are the people who love and respect me. Not those people.

In all honesty Id rather focus my life not on aiding the already corrupt. But on warning people of the dangers of corruption. Therefore, my dads relatives can bitch about me all they want but I know who is the bigger man
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
You're 15 years old, i'm not a lot older, but you're in fact thinking in a tenaage way (don't take it as an offence, we are all same during that age, acting unreasonably).

You should soon understand which values are the most important in the entire life, and fight for 'em.
(12-30-2013, 11:44 PM)Freezak Wrote: You're 15 years old, i'm not a lot older, but you're in fact thinking in a tenaage way (don't take it as an offence, we are all same during that age, acting unreasonably).

You should soon understand which values are the most important in the entire life, and fight for 'em.

You speak wisely
But believe me this is not a decision I took lightly
I spent the last 5 or so years considering and developing myself
I won't deny I am thinking in a "teenaged" way. But I won't 100% accept it either. It's just when you realise you don't love these people.

Believe me I value family. In the darkest times of my life I relied on my family. But in all those dark times it's my mums side that have been there holding my hand and guiding me, not my dads. What I suppose I'm saying is I feel betrayed by them.
And in all honesty before the aforesaid visit I was really stressed by the prospect of seeing them.
You're right Barkles, but don't give up already. My parents had some issues years, years back as well, really serious ones i must say, so serious that i remember them until now (i was not more than 4 years old).

But things are getting better now, and even though you think they won't, they might get better. What i want to say is your family is the closest group of people that should be always at your shoulder if you need help. I'm not a lucky person as well i must say in this case.

- My first grandmother died in 1996 shortly after my birth due to heart attack (lovely, dedicated person, cared so much about others that didn't care about herself, that's why she left too early).
- My second grandmother died in 2004 due to cancer (another lovely, unusual person that i will never forget, teached me a prayer and... how to milk cows).
- My godmother quarreled with my parents, and doesn't keep in touch with us anymore.
- My godfather flew to USA and doesn't keep in touch with us anymore as well.
- One of my uncles died due to cirrhosis.

All of these things could sound horrible, but i'm still trying to fix some issues, and until i'm here, i won't give up - don't give up as well.
To be honest you're probably right man and that sounds so tough for you Sad

What I will say though is the way I define family isn't by who's bloodline we posses, in actual fact we are related to every person on the planet, I define family as the people I see as family people like my friends who even when I'm most stupid they still support me, like a family should

What I'm saying is family in my mind are the people you surround yourself with. Honestly I trust these guys more.

And anyways I am afraid to say that the 'family' was the only thing I gave up on. Especially after my grandmother told me "how can [me] you say such things your so in social able and deviod I anything.

I think what I said before I was made to go to these people the other day sums it up well: I would rather be with the people who care not people who pretend to when my dad is looking.

(Also don't thing I hate the whole concept of the original definition of family, I love my mum and dispite our differences my dad. And my mums family make up more than enough for my dads side. Just a shame I can't see them more than once a year Sad)

However, what I have decided is a compromise
Until I'm 17-18 I'm not going to see them
However when I reach This age I will go to these "family" gathering and try and change them.
If they act the same way, I get in the car and go home if not then I class them as my sort of family.
Remember. Family is for life, wether you like it or not. Myself, being openly gay, have had a few incidents with a couple of family members i did not appreciate, and felt at the time that i did not want anything more with them to do. But i got older and wiser, and they got more mature about it and learned to accept me for who i am, and today, i have a good bond with them. What i'm trying to say is, don't write them off so quickly, as it is still time to mend the broken bond you might feel you have with them, as i once had with mine.
The following 1 user Likes Feffe's post:
  • Floodify
as I said I have my views on the family and in all honesty I have tried to make bonds with them it just seems that they'd rather ignore me.
I mean i'll see what happens when I turn 18 but as I said this particular part of the family im not going to be too close to :/