FL New Owner
(04-04-2022, 04:14 PM)M0x Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 01:17 AM)Wolven Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 11:26 PM)Vauld Wrote: yall are lame, when you guys are inevitably ready to make that change for real, hit me up - willing to buy the crippled server lolololol.

It's crazy how quickly you switch mindset. "Hey bring me back, I can help woohoo" then also Vauld "Lame team, crippled server". Change your mindset, if you really wanted to help, how about not shame the server publicly. This so called veteran persona you have, bringing new players, wanting to change the server for the better but then you just shit talk it, like come on mate? Lol

The attitude towards the Veterans comming back to assist the community, is not something to be proud of. They're more busy to protect their ego, than accept the fact that they need some help from someone who did it better  previouslySmile So I do indeed understand why Vauld (Along other people) feel like the current team is unwilling to make a change.

It honestly goes deeper than that. Yeah, these old admins are coming back, maybe a little bit for nostalgia’s sake, but mostly it’s because the community they played on for years. For some of these veterans FL literally defined their childhood. I know it defined mine to an extent. I started playing FL in 2013 and continued consistently until around 2016. With that in mind I support Vauld and other long term veterans. They’re not insulting the community publicly, they’re insulting the management (which it honestly deserves). It’s sad to see the state of FL decline so drastically. It used to be the thing I looked forward to playing after school for hours, and now it just seems like a giant stain. I, along with other older players and veterans, only want to see this community prosper, and from our perspective it seems as if the majority of the issues surrounding FL’s failure seems to do with the way things are run. I would happily redownload Garry’s Mod and hop on when I can to RP and legitimately help the server, but at this point I’m simply apathetic to doing so, given the state of affairs with things that are, literally, out of my control.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 4 users Like Falcon's post:
  • Rossi, Lewwings, Idea, Vauld
(04-04-2022, 04:51 PM)Falcon Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 11:26 PM)Vauld Wrote: yall are lame, when you guys are inevitably ready to make that change for real, hit me up - willing to buy the crippled server lolololol.

It's crazy how quickly you switch mindset. "Hey bring me back, I can help woohoo" then also Vauld "Lame team, crippled server". Change your mindset, if you really wanted to help, how about not shame the server publicly. This so called veteran persona you have, bringing new players, wanting to change the server for the better but then you just shit talk it, like come on mate? Lol

The attitude towards the Veterans comming back to assist the community, is not something to be proud of. They're more busy to protect their ego, than accept the fact that they need some help from someone who did it better  previouslySmile So I do indeed understand why Vauld (Along other people) feel like the current team is unwilling to make a change.

It honestly goes deeper than that. Yeah, these old admins are coming back, maybe a little bit for nostalgia’s sake, but mostly it’s because the community they played on for years. For some of these veterans FL literally defined their childhood. I know it defined mine to an extent. I started playing FL in 2013 and continued consistently until around 2016. With that in mind I support Vauld and other long term veterans. They’re not insulting the community publicly, they’re insulting the management (which it honestly deserves). It’s sad to see the state of FL decline so drastically. It used to be the thing I looked forward to playing after school for hours, and now it just seems like a giant stain. I, along with other older players and veterans, only want to see this community prosper, and from our perspective it seems as if the majority of the issues surrounding FL’s failure seems to do with the way things are run. I would happily redownload Garry’s Mod and hop on when I can to RP and legitimately help the server, but at this point I’m simply apathetic to doing so, given the state of affairs with things that are, literally, out of my control.

I wish you never played FL
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 4 users Like ryan!'s post:
  • Fultz, Falcon, Marty, Vauld
(04-05-2022, 01:17 AM)ryan! Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 04:51 PM)Falcon Wrote:

I wish you never played FL

[Image: gunna.gif]
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
Lmfao funny joke ehhh?

Ngl I think FL as a brand should diversify, and expand into other games. Not saying FL gmod isn't good, hell it was my childhood. I always enjoyed it, and I can't see myself being the same person without it. However, Gmod as a game isn't growing all that much, and I think for the sake of the fearless brand they should really expand, and or do some new marketing. Such as sponsoring small to medium-sized gmod YouTubers who specialize in dark RP or RP in general. IDK though I haven't truly played on this server in such a long time (1-2 years), primarily because of school, and other hobbies such as investing, and economics.

Fearless is trying to be a small business, and small businesses are cute. But when they lack enough resources to truly stay competitive in an economy with scarcer, and scarcer resources (in this case new players on Gmod) they're bound to die out. Now, I'm not saying the management of FL is bad judging from the 30 players online right now compared to the like 5 in December of 2018 I would say they're actually killing it. But, I think the management of this brand ought to put some of that donation money to work. Whether that be through increased development spending, marketing, or genuinely expanding the brand into other games. fewer people in Gmod = scarcer resources = diminishing returns on capital (In this case the capital used to acquire new Fearless Players) = lower or negative ROI = less money.
[Image: jFX7iLe.png]
(04-02-2022, 06:15 AM)Awestruck Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 03:09 AM)ryan! Wrote: As an April fools joke, the admins should ban Ghostkiller. But instead of it being an April fools joke you guys just actually fucking ban him already.

Ryan!
Awestruck!
[Image: U1UedhK.png]
The following 1 user Likes -DanTheMan-'s post:
  • Awestruck

lol

My mindset isn't changing, it's called being objective. I can help. The server is also crippled and dying, because I can help I should act like the server isn't crippled? 

Server is dying and management needs to be slapped around. You can recognize this and state this, and joke about this, while trying to solve the problem. In fact I think it's important to be realistic about where things are at, if everyone pretended like everything was fine constantly we'd never actually address any problems. 

I'd love to be a cheerleader when there's something to cheer for, but there's a bunch of problems. I can lie and act like everything is great like everybody else if that would make you feel better?
(04-11-2022, 05:33 PM)Vauld Wrote:

lol

My mindset isn't changing, it's called being objective. I can help. The server is also crippled and dying, because I can help I should act like the server isn't crippled? 

Server is dying and management needs to be slapped around. You can recognize this and state this, and joke about this, while trying to solve the problem. In fact I think it's important to be realistic about where things are at, if everyone pretended like everything was fine constantly we'd never actually address any problems. 

I'd love to be a cheerleader when there's something to cheer for, but there's a bunch of problems. I can lie and act like everything is great like everybody else if that would make you feel better?

It is important to be realistic, because the truth is the server isn't crippled and dying. There are issues, no one is denying that. You could say the same with any community though. We're working through them and the results somewhat speak for itself, it's all about keeping up our momentum now.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(04-11-2022, 05:42 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 05:33 PM)Vauld Wrote:

lol

It is important to be realistic, because the truth is the server isn't crippled and dying. There are issues, no one is denying that. You could say the same with any community though. We're working through them and the results somewhat speak for itself, it's all about keeping up our momentum now.

[Image: Liberty-Baseball-Cap-black.32874_rf4.jpg]

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]