What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
(04-01-2022, 05:08 AM)Vauld Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 01:08 PM)Pollux Wrote: -snip- There is no quick and easy fix for anything.

Literally false, that's a mindset problem. It's the same as people saying "I don't have time" - yes you do, it's about what you prioritize. There is a ton of quick and easy fixes, you just need to be willing to take drastic or large steps in a better direction.

There aren't any easy and quick fixes that will resolve FLs issues, I'd love to hear the "ton" you have in mind. Stuff takes time, especially if it's "large" or "drastic" as you claim is needed. It would be nice if I can just snap my fingers and resolve everything but sadly it isn't that easy. Trying to say it's a "mindset" issue is an extremely out of touch statement.

Things are being done, doing things (especially if "large") takes time. They're both not opinions.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-30-2022, 01:08 PM)Pollux Wrote: There aren't any easy and quick fixes that will resolve FLs issues, I'd love to hear the "ton" you have in mind. -snip-

Nah you clearly wouldn't love to hear it because you've made 0 effort to talk to me or anyone else. Also why are you so defensive? You nervous or feel threatened?

Why don't you loop the community in on what you guy's are talking about, hiding behind closed doors trying to make a grassroots change is bound to fail. You're the one who's out of touch with the state of the community. I've been here 2 weeks and am more in touch with people's feelings than you are lmao.
The following 2 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Lewwings, yarrrs
The nonchalant attitude of many of those who actually have the power to change things if they bothered to cast aside their egos for a few minutes and drop the "crisis, what crisis?" approach is both funny and sad. Funny because it's amusing how disconnected from the actual feelings of many of the community feel (that is, if you ever dared talk to those outside your clique), and sad because it will ultimately led to future bigger crises if this sort of stuff is allowed to just continue, unaddressed.

The fact that when ideas and solutions are brought to your attention, it tends to turn into an argument of the wills for some reason, instead of it being properly taken into account. That makes this whole process a sad waste of time. The bigger insult though is the lack of transparency with the public, "things are going on behind closed doors" is a lame excuse and everybody knows it.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 5 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Vauld, yarrrs, mintblackbeard, Slaint, Kappatalist
We should unionize
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • Vauld
A problem I'm noticing from many giving their opinion, which for the most part is much appreciated, is a lot of shouting and no suggestions. Have management been the best they could have been? No. Is Fearless in a stable position? No. But let's not beat around the bush and blame every issue on the team to fix when the players equally play a huge part in what influences change for Fearless.

Let's not lie to ourselves Fearless isn't in the greatest position as of current and there's no 1 thing we can indicate is the issue, its a range of them whether large or small. The team has always had a policy of discussing behind the scenes before publicly announcing it. There's a very good reason for this too. Because if we fail to deliver the same lynch mob would attack us for our failure.

In terms of relying on our clique Lewwings, I'd like to just state that's a little bit ironic when Conn has being going around getting opinions from everyone outside of his group, including yourself.

Fearless is a little bit like a fire at the moment, some individuals would much rather add fuel to it and create a flaming inferno than help with ways to put it out.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 3 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Pollux, Toe Shmicki, Equinox
Even though I am perma banned I really hope that Fearless will bounce back
The following 2 users Like easy8gaming's post:
  • Link, Haarek
(04-03-2022, 02:32 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: In terms of relying on our clique Lewwings, I'd like to just state that's a little bit ironic when Conn has being going around getting opinions from everyone outside of his group, including yourself.

Which was all well and good and a highly appreciated move until some ideas suggested received pushback over nothing or some other abstract reason from folks such as Pollux, someone who has said word for word that "I don't see a need" to give the community some info on a plan for setting Fearless back on track.

I appreciate the fact that there might be stuff going on, but weeks are starting to slip by still with no proper plan in sight, there just seems to be a lack of urgency and right now that's not a great sight.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Simple question.

How much money from donations and moneypacks is being reinvested into development and the server as a whole? Or is the money simply being pocketed as it seems to have been done for years?
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
The following 1 user Likes Kappatalist's post:
  • MasterNoda
(04-03-2022, 05:12 PM)Kappatalist Wrote: Simple question.

How much money from donations and moneypacks is being reinvested into development and the server as a whole? Or is the money simply being pocketed as it seems to have been done for years?

About 1% after server costs has been put into development so far over the last two years.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

It sounds stupid but coming from a marketing background, how is the server being pushed to new people?

We are churning out the same old process of a handful of people returning, being let down because the server is quiet most of the time and slowly fading away.

There needs to be adjustments to the economy to give older players a reason to stretch beyond just jumping in as a cop or becoming a criminal (pretty much what I do).

We need some sort of referral scheme in place (e.g. refer a friend, when they reach 30 hours play time they get 30 days donator for free + their friend gets 5 days free).

It's all about incentivising new and existing players. Whatever happens in the future I'd love to be involved in this process from a player prospecting/retention strategy. It's what I do day in day out for businesses around the globe.
The following 5 users Like DVN's post:
  • Kappatalist, Caesar, Wolven, MasterNoda, mintblackbeard