What’s your thoughts on the current situation of the server?
When Fearless was created in 2008 we could never have guessed that the community does still exist in 2022. The community is even older than some of the players. I'm proud of the people who have managed to keep the community alive after I've resigned, for about 2 years now. A really good achievement!

A lot of improvements were done on the gamemode aswell.

I think the main problem is that we've got a lot of players who have spend hundreds/thousands of hours on the server and have no real goal anymore. These players have a lot of IG money, many cars, weapons etc. Only a new roleplay scenario would be interesting for them, although they've probably been in many similar roleplays before.

I would suggest to think about ideas to make the gamemode enjoyable for those who've 'finished' the gamemode. I've personally no idea what that could be.

And obviously attract new players, the gamemode offers plenty of things to do for them. Although that's easier said than done.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
I said this when I was staff and I have been saying this since I resigned.

Utilise the steam group so that the wider Fearless community knows when big events are going down - we saw an influx of players who don't normally play partake in the Squid Game event back in November. You'd have to be pretty stupid or short-sighted not to see the value in having access to nearly 6,000 users, and working that to your advantage; there's no excuse for not doing so. There's clearly a lot of untapped potential in events of that scale - I'm disappointed to see that some of the groundwork laid to allow for this sort of stuff to occur seemingly fell through for no reason other than poor leadership and vision.

The public lack of interest in doing and just letting things head back into calamity is a classic management move, and really harms any proper chance of player interest because why play on a server that soon might not exist due to lacklustre management?

That's my current thoughts on Fearless right now.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 4 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Equinox, Jeffrey, Slaint, mintblackbeard
I need to become owner and change it to FearlessAggRp

Ghostk1ll3r would then return so I can kill him and make him rage quit like old times
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • RoCKy
It's quite a sad sigth that there haven't been any posts on this forum for days whatsoever. On the other hand that is the result of only focusing on creating rules to help a small group of very specific (and boring) people while pissing off the majority of your playerbase. You should've focused on keeping stuff fun.

Your wokeness and total incompetence led to a dead community.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Wolven
I think the focus should be on obtaining more players - however the server still needs to be able to retain them.

I think a great place to start is the economy on the server. It has spiralled out of control ever since the mining update. Why improve the economy? Because gaining money, and looking forward to buying new items, is one of the main reasons people return to the server.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • -DanTheMan-
(02-27-2022, 03:43 PM)Haarek Wrote: I think the focus should be on obtaining more players - however the server still needs to be able to retain them.

I think a great place to start is the economy on the server. It has spiralled out of control ever since the mining update. Why improve the economy? Because gaining money, and looking forward to buying new items, is one of the main reasons people return to the server.

Doing anything that results in gaining any decent money is the most tedious and unenjoyable experience on the server and also requires you to purchase contra and gardening equipment that you spend about an hour of pressing E on entities just to break even. Maybe if making money was enjoyable and not sitting watching virtual plants grow for what feels like a millennium for small funds we’d retain more players. I understand that the reward is low because this server sells money as it’s source of income but you gotta understand that the effort you put into the grind to perform it optimally doesn’t nearly pay enough.

80% of players also loophole self supply rules by having their friends join a dealer job to provide them with what they want for literally pocket change profit at most and 15% of them just come on at 2AM and buy their own shit from dealer jobs. There’s also the fact that when someone genuinely wants to buy stuff from a dealer job stupid cool-downs make it even more tedious and long winded.
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006
The following 2 users Like B33n's post:
  • Haarek, Self
The most worrying thing and probably a huge factor in the downfall here - There are 5 Super Admins and and owner, the only comment from any of them was to shut down a suggestion on moving to another game mode.

It’s a shame to see so much potential just be flushed away with a huge lack of interest in the higher authority here.

With some serious dedication and a roadmap, Fearless has the people and the ability to bounce back and become a lot more active again.

Instead of sitting by and watching everyone give up, Fearless has and always will be determined on the community, not just game modes and updates and as shown by people who still visit, the support around Fearless is second to none, however it’s so frustrating for everyone around here.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Haarek
(03-04-2022, 03:04 PM)Falc Wrote: The most worrying thing and probably a huge factor in the downfall here - There are 5 Super Admins and and owner, the only comment from any of them was to shut down a suggestion on moving to another game mode.

It’s a shame to see so much potential just be flushed away with a huge lack of interest in the higher authority here.

With some serious dedication and a roadmap, Fearless has the people and the ability to bounce back and become a lot more active again.

Instead of sitting by and watching everyone give up, Fearless has and always will be determined on the community, not just game modes and updates and as shown by people who still visit, the support around Fearless is second to none, however it’s so frustrating for everyone around here.

I've read everything in here and I've been way more active within the team discord trying to make some sort of plan, just there isn't too much for me to comment here which is why I haven't said anything. I think it's unfair to blame it all on management though, there's a lot of factors which played into the situation we're in now. The blame game doesn't really matter right now anyway, the only thing that matters is getting a short-term plan together which gives us time to make a long-term one.

I've not given up yet and there's a lot of us within the team who are willing to try a few things and have good ideas, it's just about executing them properly. If anyone else has any good ideas and ways we can do them then I'm more than happy to hear them, a lot of feedback in here has been great. Just as long as it's more than "x is an issue" or the "server is dead because of y", as that isn't too helpful.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I think maybe FL could use a revamp, an upgrade. A big update. The gamemode has been the same for years. So have the vehicles. Yes agriculture,mining, and moonshine were all great ideas and certainly made the server pop when those updates came along. But what if there was another update, of everything people want to see added to the gamemode to make it more enjoyable. Now obviously not everything can make the cut. But by listening to the community, after all we are the ones playing the server. What do people wanna see? How can it be implemented? Changing the gamemode and posting short videos on TikTok won't make people who've been apart of this community come back. Sure it could allow for new players, possibly. For a while the server could do better. But then we would be right back to here. I like what Soul said about making the gamemode more enjoyable for the people who already beat it. I think doing that would be a great step forward towards bringing the server back to what it once was, to what it can be again. It's also fair to say that the world is a bit crazy right now. People aren't focused on FL at the moment. It could be that when everything calms back down people will start playing again.
[Image: TimSig2.png]
I suggest fixing the economy.

A: Adjust market prices according to the output of all the money making systems implemented.
(Then preferably remove an order of magnitude on the whole server.)

B: Just reduce the output given from the money making systems and let excess cash slowly dwindle down
from players using the market.

Another great incentive to fix the economy, is that I have no doubt FL has slowly received less and less donations - especially for money packs - progressively ever since more money making systems were implemented. Obviously it doesn't make sense to pay 2.50$ for 50,000 ig cash when you could acquire such an amount with your eyes closed.

I also would stray away from money making systems that avoid interactions with other players.

Examples of this are mining and farming. The problem is it incentivises players to not make interactions, and therefore entertainment to others.

The reason money printing and weed works so well as a system, is that it gives so many players stuff to do. (Police, other criminals, ERUs, gun dealers gets to sell guns, BMD´s get to sell seeds, pots, kevlar, doctors sell medkits).

With i.e. farming - you don't have those opportunities.
It is a passive income - with no way of getting sabotaged.

They simply pump up the average players wallets and make the static market prices way too obtainable.
In turn making the game mode boring.

You need to be honest and objective here; everything revolves around gaining money.
If that objective is already made - there is little incentive to play for the majority.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Tim, Boonan