Remote Nexus Database Access Device
Title of Suggestion: Remote Nexus Database Access Device

Description

A device that can be purchased for anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000 that allows you to access the database at any time by using the item in your inventory, but only as a government job or with a government pass.

Why?

This can be very useful for a variety of reasons:

1) If you are without your vehicle (i.e. doing a foot patrol or have had your vehicle stolen/damaged) and are trying to resolve a situation which requires database access, you're kind of stuffed unless Dispatch is around to retrieve information for you. But by using this item, it allows you to still perform your duties, regardless of whether your vehicle is to hand or not.

2) Not all vehicles are marked as 'police' vehicles, i.e. you cannot access the database from the front passenger seat. A good example of this would be the Mercedes Sprinter Large Van; it has ELS and a Police skin, however it is actually classed as an ambulance, so you can't access the database from inside the vehicle as it is not registered as a police vehicle. Same goes for any vehicle that isn't explicitly marked as a police/unmarked one.

3) Government Workers (red pass, blue pass, etc.) should also have access to the database, which means that they can perform their assigned duties to the best of their ability (e.g. accessing information on the database which is required for their duties).

However, I also think that the ability to use this item should be disabled if a Dispatch unit is active, as then that would still encourage officers to roleplay and use the Dispatch for information retrieval out in the field, as this is how information would realistically be retrieved. Think of it as an aid rather than a necessity.
[Image: Fearless-Bunkerman.png]

Endorsements
Lewwings: "Bunkerman is just pure chaotic energy"
Daniel: "Don't be such a minge"

Rest in peace, Alessi Organisation ;(

The following 1 user Likes The Bunkerman's post:
  • -DanTheMan-
-Support, police can't check their database on a mobile devide in real life either. I believe that implementing this feature would take away roleplay opportuntities because of that.
[Image: M78Bstx.png]
-Support
I mean ok its a idea but thats where the rp can be played put you can order a second unit to the place and if you say like code 2 (3) it makes much fun ,you shoud not be a alone wolf as a cop

But they coud maybe solve the different car problem other wise
+support 
It would make up for the lack of dispatch
[Image: U1UedhK.png]
-Support for the device itself

However, the problem still exists, especially if you're doing JailguardRP. You need to visit your vehicle in Nexus garage to check database. Could fix by adding the ability to access database through arms lockers and jails control room
~ Equinox ~
(10-27-2021, 12:09 PM)Foxy Wrote: -Support, police can't check their database on a mobile devide in real life either. I believe that implementing this feature would take away roleplay opportuntities because of that.

They absolutely can, police have PDA's and smartphones these days.

+support
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-28-2021, 05:52 PM)Equinox Wrote: -Support for the device itself

However, the problem still exists, especially if you're doing JailguardRP. You need to visit your vehicle in Nexus garage to check database. Could fix by adding the ability to access database through arms lockers and jails control room

Jails control room would be the most logical surely.
[Image: giphy.gif]
-Support
+support, sorta

A lot of the time, the majority I'd say, people can't be fucked to check for you unless they are dispatch. That's not gonna change unless the entire gov system does. I've only seen dispatch used well a handful of times - if there's a desk secretary at all they're usually just chilling with the President in his office. If dispatch is there you don't need this, if it isn't then this should be an option. You can't take an RP opportunity away from somebody who doesn't exist.

I think a good compromise would be making it so it can be checked in every vehicle or a stationary item you purchase, yeah sure it's your personal vehicle but surely you'd chuck a laptop in there before hopping off on patrol? Imo it shouldn't extend to people with a workers pass tho, they're contractors not employees.
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
The following 1 user Likes Kappatalist's post:
  • Boonan
+Support