Frost
Steam Name: Frost

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:526830887

BlacklistID(s): 111744

Blacklist Reason
7.7b - You can't just execute your own hostages like that // You know so much better than this

Staff Member: Lewwings

Involved users
Arny, Caesar, Uex, Miku, Kingstone.

Why should you be unblacklisted?
We just finished raiding the president at Nexus and we ran out to our car. We all got in and a rebel approached us with a gun out and just entered our car. We decided to take him hostage so we internally locked our vehicle and took them to our base at Industrial. We got out and I took the hostage out of the vehicle. So I tied him up and knocked him out, I proceeded to take him into our base and lock him in the back room. I then sent a /request saying “Hostage at Industrial Complex come pay in 3-5 minutes or he dies.” By the time 3 minutes had passed roughly I sent another request saying “you have 1 minute or he dies”.
After some time had passed I got a request reply from a paramedic after I had said that the hostage was dead. I warned the cops 2-3 times that I would KILL the hostage if they didn’t come and pay my ransom.

The rule 7.7b states that you have to take care of the hostage until he is released, but the cops didn’t tell me till after I had killed the hostage that they were on their way to come pay the ransom, at that point Lewwings started messaging me about how I broke rule 7.7b.

I fail to see how I broke the rule 7.7b due to the fact that I had sent numerous requests to the government to come and help the hostage. There was no response within the timeframe that I had given so I took action. The rule specifies that you must look after the hostage, however we did look after the hostage but unfortunately for him, the demands were not met. Lewwings had told me that instead of killing the hostage, that “Next time I suggest letting the hostage try and pay his own way”. However, this would technically fall under the mugging rules as it would be the same as taking someone under FearRP into a building and demanding $2k, which would obviously break the rule. What I did was take them with the intention of being hostaged after they entered the vehicle. Throughout my entire time on FL, and others time on FL, this has always been the case. Send a few requests stating that you have a hostage, and if they do not respond then the hostage dies. It has been rare for someone to ask the hostage for money and as I said - it would technically be mugging with a few extra steps.

I find that the “should know better” is unreasonable to include into the blacklist as I was following through with what basically every other player would have done. I didn’t want to ask the hostage for money as that has never been the case before and it would be unreasonable to ask the hostage for $2k as it is the governments’ job to respond to such situations and deal with it accordingly. If they were busy at the time, I’m sure it would have taken 2 seconds to ask for extra time via broadcast or /requestreply which I would have granted an extra 2-3 minutes. This was not the case. I fail to see how Lewwings’ logic makes sense. What hostage pays their own ransom that isn’t a mugging? Especially after they saw our faces and the details of our base. I understand that caring for the hostage until they are released but in my eyes, with no reply it seemed that the government did not care for the hostage and as my character being in a gang, it would have been out of character to let the hostage live after the demands were not met within the time that I gave.

In short, the government was given a sufficient amount of time to respond in any method after I tried numerous attempts to contact them. They did not respond so I killed the hostage and said that they were dead. A paramedic then responds with “Who’s dead?”, clearly unaware. Even after I said this, the cops did not do any actions whatsoever. Asking the hostage to pay is unreasonable and technically falls under mugging rules - with a few extra steps.
I wasn't involved in this.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I fail to see a proper reason to lift this blacklist considering that the police team consisted of just two officers at the time, who you expected to drop everything to attend to your situation within a short space of time. While no doubt they failed your arbitrary time limit - you should of resorted on an alternative to executing the hostage, such as allowing the hostage to try and pay for his own release, which could of involved some roleplay, instead of a simple shoot and sprint job.

With over 6500 hours and years of experience to your name, I don't see why you should be excused from following the same rules as everybody else, namely 7.7b which requires you to look after the hostage - not killing them.

You should absolutely know better.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

First of all, the police didn't even bother to notify me that they're busy or that they will be late responding. How do you expect me to "Know better" about a rule that I've literally never seen be enforced?
Unfortunately it is still a rule, and you broke it. Perhaps use this as a reference on how to handle such situations in future, and perhaps incorporate some roleplay into it too.

Unblacklist request denied.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]