Local Broadcast
Title of Suggestion: Local Broadcast

Description
Government can use /lbroadcast to send a city-wide broadcast with location included

Why?
Government could start using useful binds.

ERU Examples:

(Emergency Response Unit Broadcast) Edgar Halliwax: (CR. 81 Road) Attention, there is a wild fire. Please avoid the area and listen to ERU instructions.

(Emergency Response Unit Broadcast) Edgar Halliwax: (Cliffside Road) Attention, there is a burning vehicle on the road. Please adjust your speed when driving by.

Police Examples:

(Police Broadcast) Edgar Halliwax: (Farms) There is an ongoing police investigation. Please stay away from the area for the time being and follow police instructions.

(Police Broadcast) Edgar Halliwax: (Cliffside Upper Tunnel) We have set up a police checkpoint. Please adjust your speed when driving by.

Presidential Example:

(Broadcast) Edgar Halliwax: (Broadway) We're having presidential debate and elections! All citizens are invited to join the event!
~ Equinox ~
Would be a nice addition.

+Support.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Any benefit to this over '/broadcast (%l) There is a fire'?

It's another command that people would have to learn (and likely not use often) to do something that can already been done
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

(10-12-2021, 07:54 PM)Conn Wrote: Any benefit to this over '/broadcast (%l) There is a fire'?

It's another command that people would have to learn (and likely not use often) to do something that can already been done

Didn't even know that existed. It's definitely missing under F1 > Commands > Government Commands.

To be frank, the entire F1 > Commands is outdated.

I'll still leave this suggestion open, would be handy to add equivalent to /broadcast (%l) since /ladvert exists compared to /advert.

At the end of the day, if you quickly want to remember the command, it's easier to remember /lbroadcast rather than the %l argument. Not everyone is a programmer Tounge
~ Equinox ~
+Support
I think it'd be better with a /m(egaphone) type command which is a strongly colored chat cast with a yelling++ range which acts as the person in a vehicle using their megaphone.

This could probably be applied to voicechat as well, with some bind?
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
-support

What Conn said, seems to offer very little vs that and we don't need yet more commands.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
-support
-Support

As Conn stated there is already a command with this functionality.
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Veteran

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
I agree with what Conn said, however I believe that a command similar to what Kingstone suggested could prove beneficial as it would make sense for police to use a megaphone to reach occupants in another vehicle which its tailing/ in a pursuit with or trying to pull over - but of course having it as voice chat would be better, so when you type the command your voice is amplified so it has a larger radius.

Neutral +/-
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]