Farming at Connectivity
-Support

Farming is a way of making quite a lot of money and therefore I think there should be some kind of risk to it. Before it was possible to quietly sit around and farm while make loads of money with no risk at all, if farmers are pushed into areas where crime is allowed it means they need to spend money on weapons and ammunition to protect themselves from criminals which makes things a little more balanced. This also gives emergency services something to do but also players that doesn't want to do PassiveRP for the moment. The social aspect of farming is as much possible outside of connectivity as it is inside it.
[Image: TglJDob.png]
The following 4 users Like Toe Shmicki's post:
  • Megamezzomixer, NEMxDman, LordEuan, max.
It's a passive way yes but needs some kind of risk as you're just protected by the public area rule
The following 1 user Likes Luna's post:
  • LordEuan
-Support
While yes a lot of your points are valid. I don't agree with the fact that farming on connectivity should be allowed. There are a number of reasons. Firstly the fact that you often have a lot of dupes blocking the road... While not physically on the road you know what I mean with bad drivers and police chases you may end up run over. Another reason is if someone genuinely wanted to do an RP in the area farming was blocking it.. While farming is passive yes you can't steal other players crops and so long as you are doing it peacefully you shouldn't find too much trouble... Also yes people still farm in apartments so maybe that should be fixed too... Just saying
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:88195917&b=1]
+Support
-Support Its a public place.
I support the right to farming +++ We should be allowed to use connectivity to farm. plus ive had some great rp there doing some farming and as you know randy likes to farm. THIS IS NOT TEGRIDY we need TEGRIDY BACK THERE!!!

#Supportfarming
#Tegridyweed
[Image: ZAAo2HI.png]
The following 2 users Like LordEuan's post:
  • NEMxDman, TheSiphon
It's a public place and isn't exactly realistic, just farm at farms easy
The following 1 user Likes Caesar's post:
  • max.
The reasons are solid. I changed my mind.

-support
[Image: 0SSh1TN.png]
Honestly, I think it's better if people are farming at connectivity since more than half of the server population are just farmers so at least there would be some player interaction if they are all at connectivity road. Same with beach farmers at San Ranevo. Now they're kinda spread out all over the map and it feels a bit more empty.

But I suppose it's more of an issue with the system itself.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • NEMxDman
(09-30-2021, 08:07 AM)TheSiphon Wrote: Honestly, I think it's better if people are farming at connectivity since more than half of the server population are just farmers so at least there would be some player interaction if they are all at connectivity road. Same with beach farmers at San Ranevo. Now they're kinda spread out all over the map and it feels a bit more empty.

But I suppose it's more of an issue with the system itself.

Beach farming on SanRanevo was specifically removed too. A large concentration of people farming in a single area causes issues due to how farming works. The bit which makes plants physically "grow" is an extremely expensive function (it's why farming lagged really bad on release) and my hotfix to that was more of a bandaid. It's better for it to happen in an area of the map not many people go to (farms, for example) outside of a typical players PVS and not areas that mix in a lot with people not farming.

I'd also argue that having farming in what is basically a "safe zone" reduces interaction and overall RP. It was also never the intention for places to be safe zones for farming, I'm not even sure why connectivity is a safe zone to begin with as it contained a big base spot on V4B1 (the gas stations are separately designated as public areas, that's not why connectivity is).
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork