Ranch the Deer
Reported User(s): Ranch the Deer

Reported User's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:110137590

Date & Time (GMT): 23/7/21 @ 11:45 GMT

Summary of the incident
I PM'd KontrolKrazy, the other black market dealer, asking if he wanted to make a quick 5k. I wanted to ask him to place some pots down for me. I was knocking on his door, when all of a sudden, the two black market dealers come running towards me. I walked up to them and Ranch the deer just started shooting at me, whilst I was unarmed.

Evidence
[Image: M78Bstx.png]
I'll repeat what I said to you in GOOC about this

The BMD and I were travelling together at the time, and all that we saw was an Alessi blue car parked right outside the guy's property. Shortly afterwards, the BMD said he was probably being raided. Combined with the fact that you said the following to him in PMs "im not gonna raid you i know you have contra ;)", we had liable reason to think that someone was raiding the property. I know it says you 'weren't' going to raid him, but that just made us all the more suspicious that you would, especailly when combined with your usage of a ;) at the end.
So me and the BMD went around the back to investigate, and you just pop out from the end of the street, which is why I shot at you because you were so close to his apartment and potentially the guy we suspected who was going to raid.

Your actions gave me viable cause to think that you were going to raid his property, and thus must be stopped, which is why I shot at you and killed you in the first place. Unarmed you may have been, but from the distance that was pretty hard to tell.

I don't know what you plan to achieve by reporting me for this. I had reason to think that you were a danger, and thus my reason for shooting and killing you is valid. Perhaps it was a little premature for me to start shooting so quickly, but either I shoot quickly and kill someone with the risk that it may be the wrong person, or I just wait for the flowers to grow and end up getting shot myself for being too slow.
3.1a Violence should always be the last option.

I walked towards you whilst being unarmed. And if you see the video, you had plenty of time to stop shooting.
(07-23-2021, 12:26 PM)GIO3600 Wrote: 3.1a Violence should always be the last option.

I walked towards you whilst being unarmed. And if you see the video, you had plenty of time to stop shooting.

2 seconds isn't exactly plenty of time.

I didn't realise you were unarmed until after I'd shot you. There's no good me just sitting around thinking "Ooh, has he got a gun on his back?" and then meanwhile being pelted with 50 rounds a seconds cause he's got a MAC on his hip.

I'm not denying any of this, you've just got to understand that I didn't have much of a choice, considering you had very shortly prior made comments to the other BMD that gave us reason to believe that you were raiding.

My question to you is why did you linger in such a dangerous situation instead of doing the logical thing and running off? Playing devil's advocate here, it's not terribly realistic to just stand dead still when a gun is being discharged in your direction (I'm citing rule 3.4d for this).
If I was any less of a man, I'd think that you wanted us to shoot you, judging by your bizarre choice to remain put instead of running.
You were not under FearRP either, because we had made no demands, and FearRP is broken once a firearm is discharged.

If I had 'plenty of time' to stop shooting, you had plenty of time to run off.
I'm not going back and forth on this issue anymore. I've given the evidence. Let the admins decide.
[Image: courthouseconclusion.png]

Player report reviewed and approved.

At the end of the day, this was an easily avoidable situation that unfortunately ended up the way it did due to many different assumptions. Violence should not have been the first course of action, and popular to contrary belief: FearRP does still apply unless your discharge of weaponry is with the intent to seriously harm or otherwise kill what you are shooting at. Meaning that you could of, and probably should of, invoked FearRP as a means to certify that the man was actually the one you suspected of raiding, and also ascertain whether or not he was an actual threat.

Due to your experience as a player with 720 hours to your name, it is expected that you don't just jump the shark on these things. A 4 hour weapons blacklist will be issued with the expectation that you learn from this and do not repeat it.

Thank you for your report. Closed.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]