Burglary
So I have just been told, for the first time ever, that I need a valid reason to make a burglary. I cannot raid a home (Only using a pistol and lockpick) without a reason. Is this so? Because it states at rule 7.5 that you need a valid reason to raid I.e contraband OR burglary, but now burglary needs a reason aswell?

- Arnskov
Your job was '4500 Mafia' not 'burglar'
The following 1 user Likes Jakey's post:
  • Lewwings
(06-25-2021, 05:32 PM)Jakey Wrote: Your job was '4500 Mafia' not 'burglar'
So the Mafia cant make burglaries? I need to have my litteral job title set to "Burglar"?
Burglary is considered a petty crime too, Mafia doesn't normally go around robbing inexpensive items from people without reason (gang revenge, etc) - could be considered FailRP given the wrong context. Leave that to Rebel/Burglary job roles.

If a burglary is part of a larger gang rivalry or there's more purpose (revenge etc) then as Mafia this would be fine.
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
The following 2 users Like Edned's post:
  • Jakey, Lewwings
(06-25-2021, 09:44 PM)Edned Wrote: Burglary is considered a petty crime too, Mafia doesn't normally go around robbing inexpensive items from people without reason (gang revenge, etc) - could be considered FailRP given the wrong context. Leave that to Rebel/Burglary job roles.

If a burglary is part of a larger gang rivalry or there's more purpose (revenge etc) then as Mafia this would be fine.
So if I set my job as "Home Intruder" Do I need a valid RP reason to raid people? If I ofcourse only use a pistol and lockpick. Or am I allowed to "Randomly" raid
(06-25-2021, 10:12 PM)mnbvcxzq Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 09:44 PM)Edned Wrote: Burglary is considered a petty crime too, Mafia doesn't normally go around robbing inexpensive items from people without reason (gang revenge, etc) - could be considered FailRP given the wrong context. Leave that to Rebel/Burglary job roles.

So if I set my job as "Home Intruder" Do I need a valid RP reason to raid people? If I ofcourse only use a pistol and lockpick. Or am I allowed to "Randomly" raid

There's a difference between raiding and burglarizing a house.

If you raid a house you break down the door and potentially kill everyone in it.
Burglarizing is supposed to be quiet and discreet. You want to avoid going in guns blazing.

If you go take your pistol and instantly start shooting people I would consider it a raid.

Be more sneaky and quiet and your well within the rulebook.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Edned, Violet DE Kittie
(06-25-2021, 10:29 PM)Haarek Wrote:

If you raid a house you break down the door and potentially kill everyone in it.
Burglarizing is supposed to be quiet and discreet. You want to avoid going in guns blazing.

If you go take your pistol and instantly start shooting people I would consider it a raid.

Right, well thats exactly what I did, lockpicked the door and saw that no one was home so I took there stuff and left. Still I was told that I could not do this as I still needed a reason to go into the house in the first place
(06-25-2021, 10:35 PM)mnbvcxzq Wrote:

Right, well thats exactly what I did, lockpicked the door and saw that no one was home so I took there stuff and left. Still I was told that I could not do this as I still needed a reason to go into the house in the first place
You should've changed your job to something along the lines of a burglar. Not a mafia.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(06-25-2021, 10:39 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 10:35 PM)mnbvcxzq Wrote:

You should've changed your job to something along the lines of a burglar. Not a mafia.
Well that was not even the issue here, I even asked after if I changed my job to litterly Burglar if it was okay, and I was still told no
Job titles should be removed lol they literally don't affect anything other than whether you're breaking a rule or not
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 6 users Like gin's post:
  • Random, ART, SpaghettiFTW, Arkten, Rossi, Adamantite