How do you roleplay?
Let me just start this off by saying that I'm genuinely posing a question here. I'm not ranting, I'm not accusing anyone, I'm not complaining about anything, but I'm genuinely confused on how to roleplay on this server.

I hear left and right from staff members and players alike that roleplay is encouraged; the roleplay point system rewarding players for excellent roleplay shows evidence of this attitude. Okay, so let me put up a situation here as an example to clarify what I mean when I'm confused about how to roleplay.

I join the server, I decide to roleplay a homeless person. Phoebe runs the McDonalds and she allows me to squat on the parking lot. I build a little carboard home, I sit myself down, I roleplay a beggar and at first it goes good. Then, someone comes along, starts prop spamming my cardboard home, spawning baby dolls left and right, a magnet on top of my house, and just random bullshit in general. I tell him to stop, the cops are there looking at "vandalism" going on, and he doesn't listen. I walk up to him, I punch him once, and I get arrested for ten minutes.

So the question arises: how am I supposed to roleplay when this happens? Cops don't know how to roleplay their own jobs, the staff team doesn't respond to requests or OOC flags when someone complains about something, and the general reward you get for attempting any decent roleplay situation is ignorance, mingery, and straight up scummy behaviour.

Again, I'm not trying to start a war here against the staff team or to start drama about cops completely abusing their tools and powers and having not a single shred of roleplay in a roleplay server (while each of these are true, and I do believe what I say here, it isn't the point of the thread). I'm just really confused on how we as the players are expected to roleplay and provide roleplay opportunities when obstruction of roleplay is allowed and overlooked.
The following 2 users Like Redd's post:
  • Kappatalist, Jessixa
tldr: staff bad, especially bollux and dan the man
As a roleplay veteran, I have experienced all these things that you have mentioned within your complaint about those pesky mingebags. The only suitable course of action is to equip 5 rifle ammo and an M4 assault rifle from your inventory, point the weapon at the suspect mingebag and hold left click until Mr. Minge turns into a ragdoll, then recommence high quality roleplay. Don't forget your /me 's! -Ducktard (Roleplay Veteran)
Where am I?
The following 6 users Like Ducktard's post:
  • Kappatalist, Wolven, max., Alfred, Chech, tgn
(06-05-2021, 08:24 PM)Ducktard Wrote: As a roleplay veteran, I have experienced all these things that you have mentioned within your complaint about those pesky mingebags. The only suitable course of action is to equip 5 rifle ammo and an M4 assault rifle from your inventory, point the weapon at the suspect mingebag and hold left click until Mr. Minge turns into a ragdoll, then recommence high quality roleplay. Don't forget your /me 's! -Ducktard (Roleplay Veteran)

Sure, and if you do that you get arrested by a cop who's not willing to show any sign of consideration as to why you did what you did and land in jail for the next ten minutes only for everything to repeat again.
Hello, it is me... Haarek, a self proclaimed roleplay connoisseur.

I recommend leaving the computer and taking a 15 minute+ run outside.
Also, make sure to drink lots of water.

Regards,
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 4 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Kappatalist, Jessixa, max., tgn
it's darkRP with a nice paintjob, so people treat it that way.

What you gotta do is get four mates, wank each other off with /me's in the corner of the map and pretend everyone else doesn't exist.
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
The following 3 users Like Kappatalist's post:
  • Chech, Spartan_KCT, tgn
posting for Kippsee

when I go on the server I just run a afk script and get so many hours!!
shoot
Wolven

Hey mister!

Sorry for your bad experience on our server. To be honest, this will happen almost every time someone pops up to RP somewhere. They called mingebags who ruins our RP situation. I just ignore them and wait until the admin or police officer responds. Sometimes I just disconnect and go to the build server to build something. Most of the time people start recording and report them on the forum.

Back to your question "how to roleplay on this server".

Basically, it's just a simple concept, if your RP actrative more people and its way to fun. Then "yes".Looks new and different than "yes". You can do jokes than "yes".It's your RP you need to decide how to do it. Take it as our real-life situation. Like you are a store owner, you want your store popular.So what do you do, advertisement your food. How? pay some people money and then ask them to go all around the street and let them taste your food. Just like that.

If you want more about Roleplaying. My friends Peter White and Grizzly already got a thread about it. LINK

At last but not least violence always should be the last option as my clan always says
[Image: 0SSh1TN.png]
kill anything that moves
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Wolven