Poll: Would you like to see this map on FL as a trial?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.05%
47 77.05%
No
22.95%
14 22.95%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

rp_riverden_v1a
+Support

FL needs something different EvoCity is a lost cause you boys milked that shit hard time to move on
The following 2 users Like L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Kappatalist, SpaghettiFTW
Do you know what, looking through the map it reminds me a lot of Truenorth, but is obviously better.
I really like this map. It feels extremely bright and airy, and an actual place you'd live, rather than just another drug filled den. It's got a warm, pleasing atmosphere, and plenty of opportunities for PassiveRP and stuff.

The only major issue I'd say is the filesize, but that's because everything is all self-contained within the one map. Besides, I don't think 1GB is all that much considering hard disk capacities nowadays.

+support

Edit: Even better, the map creator even provides the VMF file so the map can be modified and adapted easily, so any issues can be undoubtedly rectified!

The only real issue is the performance is pretty very bad on singleplayer. But since I got the VMF, I'll take a look and see what the issue could be.
[Image: Fearless-Bunkerman.png]

Endorsements
Lewwings: "Bunkerman is just pure chaotic energy"
Daniel: "Don't be such a minge"

Rest in peace, Alessi Organisation ;(

I quite like the look of the map having been on it myself earlier however, I think the trees that are littered about the forest areas of the map aren't good as they aren't actual props like the ones we have in Evocity, instead they are like two 2D cut-outs mixed together in a 'X' position. If you'd be able to make the trees better and obviously change a few interiors of buildings in the city to whatever you and the rest of the devs think is good I believe the map could have a positive outcome.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
(07-30-2021, 10:55 PM)Boonan Wrote: I quite like the look of the map having been on it myself earlier however, I think the trees that are littered about the forest areas of the map aren't good as they aren't actual props like the ones we have in Evocity, instead they are like two 2D cut-outs mixed together in a 'X' position. If you'd be able to make the trees better and obviously change a few interiors of buildings in the city to whatever you and the rest of the devs think is good I believe the map could have a positive outcome.

Easily done, just need to replace them with HL2 tree models.

Could even also make them props that you can't physgun, but admins could use the remover tool on to get rid of them.

Endorsements

+support Looks sick!
[Image: TimSig2.png]
(07-31-2021, 07:22 PM)Ranch the Deer Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 10:55 PM)Boonan Wrote: I quite like the look of the map having been on it myself earlier however, I think the trees that are littered about the forest areas of the map aren't good as they aren't actual props like the ones we have in Evocity, instead they are like two 2D cut-outs mixed together in a 'X' position. If you'd be able to make the trees better and obviously change a few interiors of buildings in the city to whatever you and the rest of the devs think is good I believe the map could have a positive outcome.

Could even also make them props that you can't physgun, but admins could use the remover tool on to get rid of them.
That would be great if those changes could be made.

However, not sure about how player buildings would go as if I remember rightly, there isn't a lot of space for players to build their own free standing buildings just like the current map where only Arrowhead as the space for independent player build structures. Again, that's my opinion, if there is space for players to construct their own buildings within and outside the city I think the map has a lot of potential.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
(08-01-2021, 02:37 PM)Boonan Wrote:

However, not sure about how player buildings would go as if I remember rightly, there isn't a lot of space for players to build their own free standing buildings just like the current map where only Arrowhead as the space for independent player build structures. Again, that's my opinion, if there is space for players to construct their own buildings within and outside the city I think the map has a lot of potential.

Once again, that ain't too hard to do. Just add an extra area with a tunnel or clear out space from somewhere already in the map.

Endorsements

The following 1 user Likes The Bunkerman's post:
  • Boonan
(08-01-2021, 08:13 PM)Ranch the Deer Wrote:

Once again, that ain't too hard to do. Just add an extra area with a tunnel or clear out space from somewhere already in the map.

I believe the idea considered was to delete the prison and use it as a flat surface.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
(08-03-2021, 09:33 AM)Kingstone Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 08:13 PM)Ranch the Deer Wrote:

I believe the idea considered was to delete the prison and use it as a flat surface.

The prison is a contributing factor to me that makes this map significantly different (and in my opinion superior) to the other maps. Getting rid of it just seems like a very big shame, as having a prison external to the holding cells at the police station promotes so much more roleplay in terms of transporting prisoners who have been sentenced to imprisonment from the jail to the prison where they should be kept for their sentence. PrisonRP actually might become fun for the first time in forever, and you could have gangs intercepting the prisoners being transferred (akin to GTA3's intro sequence of events)

Sure, it's easy to just delete something and be done with it, but building another area isn't that much more work at all, realistically speaking. In the version I'm making, I'm simply going to optimise and add various bits of flat space around the map whilst leaving the existing buildings more or less untouched, which I believe is beneficial.

Endorsements

any update on this?