Lewwings
Your Name: * cygnus

Accused Staff Member: Lewwings

Involved users
Lewwings

Date & Time (GMT): 8/5/21 @ 00:03 GMT

Abuse of Power? and/or Infringement of the rules?
Abuse of power,Infringement of the rules

Explanation and Evidence
[Image: hWs7aLw.png]
4.2 Do not swear excessively, argue, insult, write caps-locked messages in OOC and when having a private OOC conversation, use the /pm command.

Lewwings' job is Historian at this time, his friends are selling clothes??

Much to the dismay of the police force, and maybe even some of the adults,
Lewwings broke up a raid on himself after his fellows equipped shotguns
to deal with a non-violent threat in their office during a "PassiveRP"

Essentially they equip a shotguns, are reported to the police, then call off the entirely expected
raid.

Lewwings broke this rule mainly:
1.3 Do not do anything to avoid a roleplay situation or punishment.
and of course admin abused.

Lewwings defended people who broke the following rules:
2.7a If you wish to roleplay a “Criminal” style, you need to create an in-depth group/gang to do so. This allows the roleplay to have longevity through multiple sessions including interaction with other groups or gangs.
5.8 Do not build custom doors behind doors that are not ownable.

Not to mention propblocking the entrance so the police could not enter.

Assuming it's not a PassiveRP (per arming a gun)

9.2 Doomforts are not allowed, there must be a fair chance of victory for the attackers (keypads must have cover provided, corridors must fit two people if there is a shooting hole - slums corridor cannot be made smaller. (For more information regarding this, please review “Doomforting” under the Explanations section on the right.)

9.7 When basing, no-collided doors may only be actual door props. Otherwise, you must use a keypad or button in order to open it.

2.7 Custom job titles must be realistic, specific and accurately state what character you intend roleplay. (Do not set your job as 'Classified/Criminal/Thug’ for example). If you wish to roleplay as something considered inhuman then it must require admin permission, unless it is hidden from public view.

9.1 The following buildings are prohibited from being a base or having the use of contraband in them: City BP, Outer BP, McDonald's, SanRanevo Customs, SanRanevo Showroom, All Pearl Plaza stores (Superstore also), Tuna Tuna Nightclub, Slums Shop, Slums Restaurant, Tides Hotel, Barracuda Building and free standing bases in any area within the city.
Information 
-INVOLVED, INSIDE THE BUILDING AT THE TIME, ALSO HAD THE SHOTGUN PULLED ON ME TWICE, WILL EXPLAIN IN DETAIL-

Hey Cyngus I just want to personally discuss what happened, from my standpoint here's what I've seen happen.

-The police were going to raid someone who was doing a PassiveRP.
-The government then state OOC; "We did not plan to go in guns-a-blazing." as the entire government stood outside with guns out (including SWAT).
-The passive roleplayer (Link) had a shotgun stored in a chest IC. He would use this when people were not listening and people were attempting to breach his tailor.

So let's break down what you've brought up.

Quote:4.2 Do not swear excessively, argue, insult, write caps-locked messages in OOC and when having a private OOC conversation, use the /pm command.

From my standpoint, Lewwings had the full right to call you an arsehole after what you'd been doing. You'd been a pain in the butt and constantly complaining, saying he's biased. It's within his right of speech to say what he feels (of course following the rules.)

Lewwings did not swear excessively, argue, insult or write cap-locked messages, he simply just said, "Goodbye, asshole," when your ban was handed out. I'm sure anyone else would've done the same thing with that amount of pressure finally being lifted.

Quote:Lewwings' job is Historian at this time, his friends are selling clothes??

Lewwings broke up a raid on himself after he and his fellows equipped shotguns

Essentially they equip a shotguns, are reported to the police, then call off the entirely expected
raid.

First of all, Lewwings is not friends with Link IC. He is literally just getting fitted with some new clothing.

He never equipped a shotgun, if he did, where are the logs to support that? Lewwings simply phases out of the building and tells you to pause/end the raid, as it was a passive roleplay. The roleplay is passive, the intention being not to harm and to peacefully carry out a roleplay.

Quote:Lewwings broke this rule mainly:

As already stated, Lewwings did not avoid the situation at all, he never had a shotgun equipped. He was simply a bystander that could confirm the roleplay was passive.

Quote:Lewwings defended people who broke the following rules:
2.7a If you wish to roleplay a “Criminal” style, you need to create an in-depth group/gang to do so. This allows the roleplay to have longevity through multiple sessions including interaction with other groups or gangs.

Link builds a door that is not ownable, yes. However, it is nocollided the entire time with the door infront of it being open, and when it is closed it is closed. The only time it IS collided as far as I'm aware is when the police are about to breach down the door. Lewwings simply wanted to protect the dupe before you did something you'd regret, and instead handle it without having to hand out punishments which I think is a very good way to go about it. We all dread Bluefin roof sits.

Link was not living a criminal lifestyle either, he simply has a shotgun in a chest for emergencies. I.E, self protection/trespassing.

Quote:Assuming it's not a PassiveRP (per arming a gun)

9.2 Doomforts are not allowed, there must be a fair chance of victory for the attackers (keypads must have cover provided, corridors must fit two people if there is a shooting hole - slums corridor cannot be made smaller. (For more information regarding this, please review “Doomforting” under the Explanations section on the right.)

There were no keypads, I have no idea why this is here.

Quote:9.7 When basing, no-collided doors may only be actual door props. Otherwise, you must use a keypad or button in order to open it.

The door was used as a door prop.

Quote:2.7 Custom job titles must be realistic, specific and accurately state what character you intend roleplay. (Do not set your job as 'Classified/Criminal/Thug’ for example). If you wish to roleplay as something considered inhuman then it must require admin permission, unless it is hidden from public view.

This rule has been put here as if Link needed his job to be 'Armed Tailor' or 'Secretive Tailor' which I think is unnecessary.

He's allowed to have a shotgun in his chest for emergencies, right? As far as I've seen Link pulled out the shotgun three times the entire roleplay, two of those being for me and Browny, some sneaky men trying to understand what's really going on in the tailor. This proves that Link had 0 intention of being an aggressive tailor.

Quote:9.1 The following buildings are prohibited from being a base or having the use of contraband in them: City BP, Outer BP, McDonald's, SanRanevo Customs, SanRanevo Showroom, All Pearl Plaza stores (Superstore also), Tuna Tuna Nightclub, Slums Shop, Slums Restaurant, Tides Hotel, Barracuda Building and free standing bases in any area within the city.

There was never contraband in there, neither was it a base.
[Image: jgUSzW0.png]
Have I helped you or made an epic statement that has blown your mind and turned the tables?
Gimme a sexy lil rep here!
(05-07-2021, 11:05 PM)Blaz Wrote: -INVOLVED, INSIDE THE BUILDING AT THE TIME, ALSO HAD THE SHOTGUN PULLED ON ME TWICE, WILL EXPLAIN IN DETAIL-

Hey Cyngus I just want to personally discuss what happened, from my standpoint here's what I've seen happen.

-The government then state OOC; "We did not plan to go in guns-a-blazing." as the entire government stood outside with guns out (including SWAT).
-The passive roleplayer (Link) had a shotgun stored in a chest IC. He would use this when people were not listening and people were attempting to breach his tailor.

Quote:4.2 Do not swear excessively, argue, insult, write caps-locked messages in OOC and when having a private OOC conversation, use the /pm command.

From my standpoint, Lewwings had the full right to call you an arsehole after what you'd been doing. You'd been a pain in the butt and constantly complaining, saying he's biased. It's within his right of speech to say what he feels (of course following the rules.)

Lewwings did not swear excessively, argue, insult or write cap-locked messages, he simply just said, "Goodbye, asshole," when your ban was handed out. I'm sure anyone else would've done the same thing with that amount of pressure finally being lifted.

Quote:Lewwings' job is Historian at this time, his friends are selling clothes??

raid.

First of all, Lewwings is not friends with Link IC. He is literally just getting fitted with some new clothing.

He never equipped a shotgun, if he did, where are the logs to support that? Lewwings simply phases out of the building and tells you to pause/end the raid, as it was a passive roleplay. The roleplay is passive, the intention being not to harm and to peacefully carry out a roleplay.

As already stated, Lewwings did not avoid the situation at all, he never had a shotgun equipped. He was simply a bystander that could confirm the roleplay was passive.

Link builds a door that is not ownable, yes. However, it is nocollided the entire time with the door infront of it being open, and when it is closed it is closed. The only time it IS collided as far as I'm aware is when the police are about to breach down the door. Lewwings simply wanted to protect the dupe before you did something you'd regret, and instead handle it without having to hand out punishments which I think is a very good way to go about it. We all dread Bluefin roof sits.

Link was not living a criminal lifestyle either, he simply has a shotgun in a chest for emergencies. I.E, self protection/trespassing.

Quote:9.7 When basing, no-collided doors may only be actual door props. Otherwise, you must use a keypad or button in order to open it.

Quote:2.7 Custom job titles must be realistic, specific and accurately state what character you intend roleplay. (Do not set your job as 'Classified/Criminal/Thug’ for example). If you wish to roleplay as something considered inhuman then it must require admin permission, unless it is hidden from public view.

This rule has been put here as if Link needed his job to be 'Armed Tailor' or 'Secretive Tailor' which I think is unnecessary.

He's allowed to have a shotgun in his chest for emergencies, right? As far as I've seen Link pulled out the shotgun three times the entire roleplay, two of those being for me and Browny, some sneaky men trying to understand what's really going on in the tailor. This proves that Link had 0 intention of being an aggressive tailor.

Quote:9.1 The following buildings are prohibited from being a base or having the use of contraband in them: City BP, Outer BP, McDonald's, SanRanevo Customs, SanRanevo Showroom, All Pearl Plaza stores (Superstore also), Tuna Tuna Nightclub, Slums Shop, Slums Restaurant, Tides Hotel, Barracuda Building and free standing bases in any area within the city.

Quote:From my standpoint, Lewwings had the full right to call you an arsehole after what you'd been doing. You'd been a pain in the butt and constantly complaining, saying he's biased. It's within his right of speech to say what he feels (of course following the rules.)

Been an asshole considering what I was doing? You mean insulting people? You'd argue that was my freedom of speech as well then? No? Luckily I never did it Out of Character, so I broke even less rules than he did...

Figures.

Quote:Lewwings did not swear excessively, argue, insult or write cap-locked messages, he simply just said, "Goodbye, asshole," when your ban was handed out. I'm sure anyone else would've done the same thing with that amount of pressure finally being lifted.

Do you have issues with reading comprehension? "argue, insult or write cap-locked messages"

Quote:He never equipped a shotgun, if he did, where are the logs to support that? Lewwings simply phases out of the building and tells you to pause/end the raid, as it was a passive roleplay. The roleplay is passive, the intention being not to harm and to peacefully carry out a roleplay.

From what I had been told the shotgun was pointed in the direction of a friend of mine, and I consider my friends more reliable than someone who makes things up, so I'll take their side in this. A PassiveRP wouldn't really necessitate a shotgun, let alone some imaginary harmless and peaceful one(?)

Quote:Link builds a door that is not ownable, yes. However, it is nocollided the entire time with the door infront of it being open, and when it is closed it is closed. The only time it IS collided as far as I'm aware is when the police are about to breach down the door.

Yeah I keep my door open, but I only prop block when raided, so it's basically not prop blocking.

Quote:Lewwings simply wanted to protect the dupe before you did something you'd regret, and instead handle it without having to hand out punishments which I think is a very good way to go about it. We all dread Bluefin roof sits.

You seem to think I was an officer at the scene, please watch the video I linked. And if they had just opened the door, there wouldn't be any need to defend the dupe.

Quote:9.2 Doomforts are not allowed

...Please keep shitposting to off-topic.

And was collided ^ please keep shitposting to off-topic.

Quote:This rule has been put here as if Link needed his job to be 'Armed Tailor' or 'Secretive Tailor' which I think is unnecessary.

Great suggestion?

Quote:He's allowed to have a shotgun in his chest for emergencies, right? As far as I've seen Link pulled out the shotgun three times the entire roleplay, two of those being for me and Browny, some sneaky men trying to understand what's really going on in the tailor. This proves that Link had 0 intention of being an aggressive tailor.

"shotgun in his chest" "0 intention of aggressive" hmm...

Quote:There was never contraband in there, neither was it a base.

Armed men in a fortified house (who I was told pointed weapons at my friends)
Yeah not a base, you're right?

Very good to see that you got the peaceful & harmless shotgun pointed at you twice!
Ever heard of "never point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy"?

Why are you responding to all of my claims? I don't remember mentioning you as involved and I especially don't think your name is Lewwings
(05-07-2021, 11:24 PM)Cygnus Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 11:05 PM)Blaz Wrote: -INVOLVED, INSIDE THE BUILDING AT THE TIME, ALSO HAD THE SHOTGUN PULLED ON ME TWICE, WILL EXPLAIN IN DETAIL-

raid.

Quote:From my standpoint, Lewwings had the full right to call you an arsehole after what you'd been doing. You'd been a pain in the butt and constantly complaining, saying he's biased. It's within his right of speech to say what he feels (of course following the rules.)

Been an asshole considering what I was doing? You mean insulting people? You'd argue that was my freedom of speech as well then? No? Luckily I never did it Out of Character, so I broke even less rules than he did...

Figures.

Quote:Lewwings did not swear excessively, argue, insult or write cap-locked messages, he simply just said, "Goodbye, asshole," when your ban was handed out. I'm sure anyone else would've done the same thing with that amount of pressure finally being lifted.

Do you have issues with reading comprehension? "argue, insult or write cap-locked messages"

Quote:He never equipped a shotgun, if he did, where are the logs to support that? Lewwings simply phases out of the building and tells you to pause/end the raid, as it was a passive roleplay. The roleplay is passive, the intention being not to harm and to peacefully carry out a roleplay.

From what I had been told the shotgun was pointed in the direction of a friend of mine, and I consider my friends more reliable than someone who makes things up, so I'll take their side in this. A PassiveRP wouldn't really necessitate a shotgun, let alone some imaginary harmless and peaceful one(?)

Quote:Link builds a door that is not ownable, yes. However, it is nocollided the entire time with the door infront of it being open, and when it is closed it is closed. The only time it IS collided as far as I'm aware is when the police are about to breach down the door.

Yeah I keep my door open, but I only prop block when raided, so it's basically not prop blocking.

Quote:Lewwings simply wanted to protect the dupe before you did something you'd regret, and instead handle it without having to hand out punishments which I think is a very good way to go about it. We all dread Bluefin roof sits.

You seem to think I was an officer at the scene, please watch the video I linked. And if they had just opened the door, there wouldn't be any need to defend the dupe.

Quote:This rule has been put here as if Link needed his job to be 'Armed Tailor' or 'Secretive Tailor' which I think is unnecessary.

Great suggestion?

Quote:He's allowed to have a shotgun in his chest for emergencies, right? As far as I've seen Link pulled out the shotgun three times the entire roleplay, two of those being for me and Browny, some sneaky men trying to understand what's really going on in the tailor. This proves that Link had 0 intention of being an aggressive tailor.

Very good to see that you got the peaceful & harmless shotgun pointed at you twice!

Why are you responding to all of my claims? I don't remember mentioning you as involved and I especially don't think your name is Lewwings

Since this is going to turn into a 10 page essay at this point, so lets just wrap things up smoothly.

A: Because your friends said it doesn't mean its true! Could easily be an assumption! Wink
B: Shotgun was used for emergencies. Was never shot and only used for FearRP, end of.
C: Okay, freedom of speech, so he can call you an asshole right then right? 
D: You responded to half my comments with 'keep shitposting to off topic'. That has nothing to do with this, because you know I am correct.
E: Officer at the scene or not, you encouraged a raid.
F: Most of your replies also, are just you trying to make a joke off of what I said. Instead, reply with something that's actually constructive.
[Image: jgUSzW0.png]
Have I helped you or made an epic statement that has blown your mind and turned the tables?
Gimme a sexy lil rep here!
(05-07-2021, 11:41 PM)Blaz Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 11:24 PM)Cygnus Wrote:

raid.

Figures.

Great suggestion?

Since this is going to turn into a 10 page essay at this point, so lets just wrap things up smoothly.

A: Because your friends said it doesn't mean its true! Could easily be an assumption! Wink
B: Shotgun was used for emergencies. Was never shot and only used for FearRP, end of.
C: Okay, freedom of speech, so he can call you an asshole right then right? 
D: You responded to half my comments with 'keep shitposting to off topic'. That has nothing to do with this, because you know I am correct.
E: Officer at the scene or not, you encouraged a raid.
F: Most of your replies also, are just you trying to make a joke off of what I said. Instead, reply with something that's actually constructive.
A: What?
B: yeah?
C: In OOC? Not per the rules... This is your own point, no?
D: LMFAO
E: Yeah because they threatened my friends lol
F: You'd be far better off feeding your poorly written and daftly formulated "points" to the staff instead of dumping them here for people to laugh at.

Stop replying, it's embarrassing.
Hi Cygnus,

Thank-you for bringing this to our attention, and quoting the rules you believe to have been broken.

I am involved in this situation, as I was the gentleman running the tailor shop RP.

I can confirm that I was roleplaying as the only employee of the tailor shop, and Lewwings was a customer, attempting to have a suit made.

Multiple members of the public were refusing to leave the private part of the property, and were vandalising our operations. They did this by climbing in and hiding inside the wardrobe of our fitting room, which contained clothes of clients who had fitting appointments (worth many thousands of dollars), and by climbing on the wooden railings.

The shotgun, which in the RP belonged to the tailoring shop (was located behind the tailor's desk), was equipped as a deterrent to encourage the gentlemen to leave the property.

This was a last resort, and was superseded by multiple verbal warnings; every attempt was made by my part to resolve the situation in a passive manner.

I could have called the police department, however given my character's backstory, the backstory behind the dupe, and the Second Amendment, I felt it within the roleplay to take the vandalistic behaviour, that was slowing down business, into my own hands.

It's very frustrating to me that, throughout the RP, and now in this thread, myself and Lewwings are being victimised. I was simply trying to roleplay something that I'm passionate about to the best of my ability, and manage the coordinated disruption in as professional and in character way as possible.

"2.7a If you wish to roleplay a “Criminal” style, you need to create an in-depth group/gang to do so. This allows the roleplay to have longevity through multiple sessions including interaction with other groups or gangs."

Please can you elaborate how this has been broken?

Equipping a shotgun does not automatically make someone a criminal, especially since there was no president at the time, so the permanent laws took precedency.

Weapons are not banned by default, and as I was the lawful taxpaying owner of the property, this does not count as a public display of weapons, as it is my property. I'm happy to discuss property law if this is a concern.

The police officer also confirms this at 8 seconds in to your video.

[Image: nfdumh8.png]

To add to this, this specific tailor shop and my character are being considered in a wider recurring context, which plays in to the idea of them being acquainted with weaponry.

"5.8 Do not build custom doors behind doors that are not ownable."

In regards to your point about propblock, the door prop was nocollided, and the police could not enter as the door had been locked closed from the inside, as I believe at the time the shop had reached its capacity.

As this is the first time I've used this dupe on main in almost 3 years, it became apparent to me later in the session that you couldn't open/lock the door from the outside, as the prop is too close to the door to hover over it. I intend to fix this in my next iteration of the dupe, and fully accept this.

This was not intentional and was done to aid the build's aesthetics, and was not at all considered as this the dupe was built for passive roleplay.

If the police actually reached out to me via pms, I would have obliged to unlock the door as it was a passive dupe, I was not basing, and had nothing to hide. However, no attempt was made by the police to contact myself to open up.

"9.2 Doomforts are not allowed, there must be a fair chance of victory for the attackers (keypads must have cover provided, corridors must fit two people if there is a shooting hole - slums corridor cannot be made smaller."

"9.7 When basing, no-collided doors may only be actual door props. Otherwise, you must use a keypad or button in order to open it."

"2.7 Custom job titles must be realistic, specific and accurately state what character you intend roleplay. (Do not set your job as 'Classified/Criminal/Thug’ for example). If you wish to roleplay as something considered inhuman then it must require admin permission, unless it is hidden from public view."

My job was set as 'Tailor', and I roleplayed as a tailor for probably around two hours. Tailors and shotguns are not mutually exclusive, and someone can still be something by trade, even if they have other interests.

"9.1 The following buildings are prohibited from being a base or having the use of contraband in them: City BP, Outer BP, McDonald's, SanRanevo Customs, SanRanevo Showroom, All Pearl Plaza stores (Superstore also), Tuna Tuna Nightclub, Slums Shop, Slums Restaurant, Tides Hotel, Barracuda Building and free standing bases in any area within the city."

I was not basing, had no contraband, was not defending anything of value, and holstered my weapon at the earliest convenience.

"Much to the dismay of the police force, and maybe even some of the adults, Lewwings broke up a raid on himself after he and his fellows equipped shotguns to deal with a non-violent threat in their office during a "PassiveRP""

It was only me who equipped a shotgun, and though technically 'non-violent', their behaviour was detrimental and malicious. Most importantly, I feel my response was a realistic outcome of the behaviour displayed.

In regards to Lewwings' response, I personally feel it was completely justified.

By the time the police got there, the situation was already over, and I believe my gun had already been holstered.

This was the second time this exact situation had unfolded in this play session, with the first time resulting in me being placed in handcuffs, the property being checked for my ownership and searched, and the situation being resolved peacefully, with the perpetrators being escorted away, and me being released. Again, at 8 seconds in to your video, the police officer confirms that they know that no gun laws had been broken.

This first instance was played out in full (despite it being a passiverp), but majorly disrupted the flow and enjoyment of the roleplay.

Though I can't put words in his mouth, given it was the same situation, with the same perpetrators, and it had already been dealt with before and was confirmed as legal, I feel a second raid would have been a pointless exercise, especially as the rp was fully passive.

It is unfortunate that there was no attempt made on your part to clarify the situation with myself prior to this posting, which I hope has now been communicated.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if you would like a call to discuss any of the points.

Edit: Just read your above replies. Please can you play Blaz some respect considering he's doing his best to answer the queries you brought up.

Many thanks,
Link
(05-08-2021, 12:09 AM)Link Wrote: Hi Cygnus,

Thank-you for bringing this to our attention, and quoting the rules you believe to have been broken.

I am involved in this situation, as I was the gentleman running the tailor shop RP.

I can confirm that I was roleplaying as the only employee of the tailor shop, and Lewwings was a customer, attempting to have a suit made.

Multiple members of the public were refusing to leave the private part of the property, and were vandalising our operations. They did this by climbing in and hiding inside the wardrobe of our fitting room, which contained clothes of clients who had fitting appointments (worth many thousands of dollars), and by climbing on the wooden railings.

The shotgun, which in the RP belonged to the tailoring shop (was located behind the tailor's desk), was equipped as a deterrent to encourage the gentlemen to leave the property.

This was a last resort, and was superseded by multiple verbal warnings; every attempt was made by my part to resolve the situation in a passive manner.

I could have called the police department, however given my character's backstory, the backstory behind the dupe, and the Second Amendment, I felt it within the roleplay to take the vandalistic behaviour, that was slowing down business, into my own hands.

It's very frustrating to me that, throughout the RP, and now in this thread, myself and Lewwings are being victimised for the handling of others' mingery, while they got off . I was simply trying to roleplay something that I'm passionate about to the best of my ability, and manage the coordinated disruption in as professional and in character way as possible.

"2.7a If you wish to roleplay a “Criminal” style, you need to create an in-depth group/gang to do so. This allows the roleplay to have longevity through multiple sessions including interaction with other groups or gangs."

Equipping a shotgun does not automatically make someone a criminal, especially since there was no president at the time, so the permanent laws took precedency.

Weapons are not banned by default, and as I was the lawful taxpaying owner of the property, this does not count as a public display of weapons, as it is my property. I'm happy to discuss property law if this is a concern.

The police officer also confirms this at 8 seconds in to your video.

[Image: nfdumh8.png]

To add to this, this specific tailor shop and my character are being considered in a wider recurring context, which plays in to the idea of them being acquainted with weaponry.

"5.8 Do not build custom doors behind doors that are not ownable."

In regards to your point about propblock, the door prop was nocollided, and the police could not enter as the door had been locked closed from the inside, as I believe at the time the shop had reached its capacity.

As this is the first time I've used this dupe on main in almost 3 years, it became apparent to me later in the session that you couldn't open/lock the door from the outside, as the prop is too close to the door to hover over it. I intend to fix this in my next iteration of the dupe, and fully accept this.

This was not intentional and was done to aid the build's aesthetics, and was not at all considered as this the dupe was built for passive roleplay.

If the police actually reached out to me via pms, I would have obliged to unlock the door as it was a passive dupe, I was not basing, and had nothing to hide. However, no attempt was made by the police to contact myself to open up.

"9.2 Doomforts are not allowed, there must be a fair chance of victory for the attackers (keypads must have cover provided, corridors must fit two people if there is a shooting hole - slums corridor cannot be made smaller."

"9.7 When basing, no-collided doors may only be actual door props. Otherwise, you must use a keypad or button in order to open it."

"2.7 Custom job titles must be realistic, specific and accurately state what character you intend roleplay. (Do not set your job as 'Classified/Criminal/Thug’ for example). If you wish to roleplay as something considered inhuman then it must require admin permission, unless it is hidden from public view."

My job was set as 'Tailor', and I roleplayed as a tailor for probably around two hours. Tailors and shotguns are not mutually exclusive, and someone can still be something by trade, even if they have other interests.

"9.1 The following buildings are prohibited from being a base or having the use of contraband in them: City BP, Outer BP, McDonald's, SanRanevo Customs, SanRanevo Showroom, All Pearl Plaza stores (Superstore also), Tuna Tuna Nightclub, Slums Shop, Slums Restaurant, Tides Hotel, Barracuda Building and free standing bases in any area within the city."

I was not basing, had no contraband, was not defending anything of value, and holstered my weapon at the earliest convenience.

"Much to the dismay of the police force, and maybe even some of the adults, Lewwings broke up a raid on himself after he and his fellows equipped shotguns to deal with a non-violent threat in their office during a "PassiveRP""

It was only me who equipped a shotgun, and though technically 'non-violent', their behaviour was detrimental and malicious. Most importantly, I feel my response was a realistic outcome of the behaviour displayed.

In regards to Lewwings' response, I personally feel it was completely justified.

By the time the police got there, the situation was already over, and I believe my gun had already been holstered.

This was the second time this exact situation had unfolded in this play session, with the first time resulting in me being placed in handcuffs, the property being checked for my ownership and searched, and the situation being resolved peacefully, with the perpetrators being escorted away, and me being released. Again, at 8 seconds in to your video, the police officer confirms that they know that no gun laws had been broken.

This first instance was played out in full, but majorly disrupted the flow and enjoyment of the roleplay.

Though I can't put words in his mouth, given it was the same situation, with the same perpetrators, and it had already been dealt with before and was confirmed as legal, I feel a second raid would have been a pointless exercise, and would not have happened if certain players were more considerate, and not trying to ruin the roleplay.

It is unfortunate that there was no attempt made on your part to clarify the situation with myself prior to this posting, which I hope has now been communicated.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if you would like a call to discuss any of the points.

Many thanks,
Link
Quote:This was a last resort, and was superseded by multiple verbal warnings; every attempt was made by my part to resolve the situation in a passive manner.

In my recording you say "Please exit the store", and after waiting 7 seconds or so you pull out a shotgun at which point my friend flees.

Where's the multiple verbal warnings and the passive manner attempted?

Quote:Equipping a shotgun does not automatically make someone a criminal, especially since there was no president at the time, so the permanent laws took precedency.

I do believe pointing shotguns at people and then locking the door to police entrance to be criminal behavior.

Quote:If the police actually reached out to me via pms, I would have obliged to unlock the door as it was a passive dupe, I was not basing, and had nothing to hide. However, no attempt was made by the police to contact myself to open up.

They attempted to contact you by yelling at you from outside. You did not do anything from what I recall.

Quote:My job was set as 'Tailor', and I roleplayed as a tailor for probably around two hours. Tailors and shotguns are not mutually exclusive, and someone can still be something by trade, even if they have other interests.

I do not believe most tailors keep shotguns on their person to whip out in case someone does something weird in the tailoring room, depends on where you live I guess?

Quote:I was not basing, had no contraband, was not defending anything of value, and holstered my weapon at the earliest convenience.

I assumed as you were arming up and threatening my friends you were using it as a base, given the fortified entrance and armed occupants.

Quote:It was only me who equipped a shotgun,

My thread was updated to reflect this an hour ago.

Quote:I feel my response was a realistic outcome of the behaviour displayed

I disagree. I'd have called the police instead of whipping out a Serbu during a "Tailor PassiveRP"

Quote:In regards to Lewwings' response, I personally feel it was completely justified.

By the time the police got there, the situation was already over,

By the time the police raid started, it was already over?

Quote:This was the second time this exact situation had unfolded in this play session, with the first time resulting in me being placed in handcuffs, the property being checked for my ownership and searched, and the situation being resolved peacefully, with the perpetrators being escorted away, and me being released. Again, at 8 seconds in to your video, the police officer confirms that they know that no gun laws had been broken.

Sounds awful, truly dreadful. That is how searches work, nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote:the police officer confirms that they know that no gun laws had been broken.

You mean the officer that then initiates the actual raid, and who was also informed after that we had guns pointed at us?
Not sure why you would assume he was completely aware of the situation, and also not sure why you'd ignore that he was the one trying to go doorbusting.

Quote:I feel a second raid would have been a pointless exercise, and would not have happened if certain players were more considerate, and not trying to ruin the roleplay.

Sounds to me like you were trying to get out of an RP scenario here?

Going to bed now, as staying up til 2:33 AM responding to threads isn't really an optimal use of my time anyways
(05-08-2021, 12:09 AM)Link Wrote: - Snip -
Quote:This was a last resort, and was superseded by multiple verbal warnings; every attempt was made by my part to resolve the situation in a passive manner.

In my recording you say "Please exit the store", and after waiting 7 seconds or so you pull out a shotgun at which point my friend flees.

Where's the multiple verbal warnings and the passive manner attempted?

This is in reference to the whole situation, raid one and two; I concretely remember asking multiple times and giving them (the perpetrators) multiple warnings to leave, only for them to either not listen, or run back, hide, and return.

If I was more hasty in the second situation, this would have been because, after the first situation ended, it was clear to them that the behaviour was not accepted.

I'm sure I gave more than one warning the second time though, so perhaps your recording is incomplete.

Quote:If the police actually reached out to me via pms, I would have obliged to unlock the door as it was a passive dupe, I was not basing, and had nothing to hide. However, no attempt was made by the police to contact myself to open up.

They attempted to contact you by yelling at you from outside. You did not do anything from what I recall.

Your footage shows the first call from the police at 21 seconds, and I unlock the door and walk out at 34 seconds; in my opinion, not a neglectful timeframe.

I believe this was the first time I realised I was being raided, and would have happily obliged sooner if they used a more robust means of communication.

Quote:In regards to Lewwings' response, I personally feel it was completely justified.

By the time the police got there, the situation was already over,

By the time the police raid started, it was already over?

Yes, I believe the perpetrators were out of the building and my gun was holstered by the time the police arrived. I was aware of some police presence outside, but I had no idea it was on my account.

Quote:the police officer confirms that they know that no gun laws had been broken.

You mean the officer that then initiates the actual raid, and who was also informed after that we had guns pointed at us?

Not sure why you would assume he was completely aware of the situation, and also not sure why you'd ignore that he was the one trying to go doorbusting.

If you're confirming that the same officer who confirmed no gun laws had been broken (8 seconds "it's not open carry if he's inside his house") initiated the actual raid, then I would assume he was completely aware of the situation as he took a leading role in the first raid and was there when I was cleared, and at 8 seconds advises the rest of the officers that no gun laws had been broken. I am not aware of any accusations that were made in this second instance which differed from the first situation.

Other than the raid being an unnecessary occurrence, assuming you're right in that he was leading the raid due to perma law 9, the raid was unjust, as he confirms verbally that it had not been broken.

The only other perma law that they could have potentially raided for at a stretch (other than gun possession, which he confirms is a non issue) was perma law 10, "Do not seriously endanger the lives of others through assault".

If you are correct in saying he was leading the raid and wasn't aware of the situation, then they couldn't raid as per rule 6.7, as they did not have a search warrant.

[Image: TSLGnIh.png]

They needed a warrant as no officer lives were at risk, they knew I did not have any hostages (confirmed by the police raiding the property without asking me for my demands, and I did not put out an advert or communicate I had a hostage), and I could not retreat into a building I was in when the incident took place.

If he was completely aware of the situation, then he would have known that no one had been assaulted, so the raid was invalid.

So, to add to the reason that it was disrupting in the RP, from what you suggest, in all scenarios, the forcible entry at the point of recording was invalid.

I don't have enough information on the full accusations that were made to suggest which scenario this raid took, but in every situation, given the man you confirm was leading the raid actually was, there were no grounds to raid in the capacity attempted.

Edit: Someone keeps repeating 'he pointed a gun at us', which suggests they're not raiding for perma law 10, but perma law 9, which I've already mentioned is invalid.

In the first instance, I willingly gave myself up outside, so a search warrant wasn't required.

Quote:I feel a second raid would have been a pointless exercise, and would not have happened if certain players were more considerate, and not trying to ruin the roleplay.

Sounds to me like you were trying to get out of an RP scenario here?

As I said in the OP, I'm not speaking for Lewwings, this is just my personal opinion. I didn't really care either way if I got searched again or not, it just would have messily disrupted the RP unnecessarily again, and, as per my point above, I feel the raid was invalid; we'll have to await Lewwings' response. However, from my experience, it's not unheard of for admins to intervene in passiveRPs being disrupted.

I think we also have to keep in mind that this is a semi-serious roleplay server.

Many thanks,
Link
Good evening Cygnus,

This report is based around two separate events: the raid at the Tailor shop, and my comment in OOC. I will respond to these claims in chronological order.

The raid at the Tailor shop

Both Blaz and Link have responded in great detail to your claims of me abusing my powers due to their involvement within that particular roleplay, and while they have covered all the points of interest, I am obliged to give you a proper response from my own perspective.

Link was running his tailoring roleplay, of which I was a customer seeking a new suit. I was not involved in the running of this roleplay, and during a few occasions I had to exit the roleplay to tend to my staff responsibilities. At three instances during the roleplay, Link did brandish a shotgun in order to exert control over some of the more rowdy members and to forcibly remove them from the property in order to keep his business running as smoothly as possible. Two instances went by without a hitch IC that involved Blaz and Browny_93, the final instance was a bit more sloppy due to you and your friend's (SabreShibe) mingy behaviour.

As was shown by your video, you made a request to the police during this time over the use of the shotgun. The police arrived shortly afterwards and started to initiate a raid on the property. This is where I stepped in.

I popped out, whilst using noclip, to say "Could you guys go away maybe?", before I went on to explain that the raid was baseless as there was no laws at the time against such actions. This was in conjunction with the fact that this had already been dealt with earlier by the same Sergeant that appeared in your video, a situation that stopped the roleplay needlessly and that was permitted due to the lack of any presidential laws against the situation. At the time, I made the call that Link's use of the shotgun inside of his own private business and in an area reserved for customer's only did not breach permanent law 9 as I did not consider it to be either 'open display' nor did I see it as 'public display'. Furthermore, how could such a law work properly when there was not a functioning presidency at the time of the roleplay? At the end of the day, I made my decision on the raid and still stand by it as it would of ultimately stopped a lively and enjoyable roleplay experience for others that was benefitting the local area, and would of led to it being replaced by an unnecessary raid that would of more than likely produced a lesser standard of roleplay.

In regards to your accusations that I have committed an 'abuse of power', if you had read the Staff Report Instructions thread, you would find that this is not the case as what I did was by no means abuse. I have not breached rule 1.3 as I was not actually engaged in roleplaying at the time, and the raid would not have negatively impacted me personally as it was not my roleplay, I was merely a bystander by the time of the attempted raid.

One final note, is that you have been rather choppy with your video editing, Cygnus, and have somewhat manipulated with the evidence to make it seem like I shut the raid down much faster than how it actually transpired. I would also like to note that I was engaged with my staff duties as shortly after where you ended the video, I had some words with the Sergeant up in the air - which is not an abuse of power, it is me enforcing the rules and explaining why the raid could not go ahead.

Moving on.

My comment in OOC

I'll admit that this was not an exactly appropriate comment to make in the OOC chat. I made this comment after you had been banned for violations of the Terms of Service, as well as after I had banned you for using derogatory language in reference to other people. Combined with your overall mingy behaviour and toxic persona, my comment of "Goodbye, asshole" was made as a relief of your abysmal attitude from Fearless services.

With this is mind however, I do believe that you are grasping at straws here, since you had commented much worse things throughout the duration of the night, and also have quite of history of making much worse statements in general, so perhaps practise what you preach.

Lewwings
Fearless Trial Administrator

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Commenting as I saw this resolve in game, the main point I'd like to raise that hasn't been already is the fact you're attempting to report a member of staff, for saying "asshole". Yet most of last night you bullied and harassed multiple members of staff calling them pedophiles, nonces and whatever else and even on this ban report you've provided evidence, with a title containing an MD5 hash of the word nonce. Incredible.

[Image: aG3j2y9.png]

The rule, as already mentioned states "Do not swear excessively, argue, insult, write caps-locked messages in OOC and when having a private OOC conversation, use the /pm command."

I see completely no rule breakage here, as the one word to describe yourself after your general attitude is "asshole". The fact you only joined to cause upset and harass other players in the community alongside then making a PR against a member of staff, which, as proven above is completely invalid in my books does define you as an asshole. I'd be genuinely upset with this community if you're allowed to come anywhere near this community again.

TLDR:
You genuinely made the people in the community uneasy, for example Jessixa who you constantly harassed in game, which by the way seems like you just harassed her because she's a woman. Arny, who you harassed constantly last night to the point of character defemination.

Lewwings has done nothing wrong.