Homophobia.
Rainbow 
Hello everyone!

I am writing this post today to discuss the huge amount of bans for "homophobia".

Why on earth is this a bannable offence;

"your gay" or "person a is gay"

Who the fuck actually cares if someone is gay or not like if you're gonna be offended because someone calls you gay on Garry's mod then you seriously need to go outside and re-evaluate your life choices! This is the internet not some pansy shit Garry himself has commented about when twitch went crazy about rust and the fact they were crying about how toxic it was I doubt he wants gmod to turn into snowflake city either.
The following 3 users Like Juul's post:
  • ooc trashtalker, Julern, NSKK88
lol

certified blaz moment iykyk
[Image: jgUSzW0.png]
Have I helped you or made an epic statement that has blown your mind and turned the tables?
Gimme a sexy lil rep here!
(05-07-2021, 10:24 PM)Juul Wrote: Hello everyone!

I am writing this post today to discuss the huge amount of bans for "homophobia".

Why on earth is this a bannable offence;

"your gay" or "person a is gay"

Who the fuck actually cares if someone is gay or not like if you're gonna be offended because someone calls you gay on Garry's mod then you seriously need to go outside and re-evaluate your life choices! This is the internet not some pansy shit Garry himself has commented about when twitch went crazy about rust and the fact they were crying about how toxic it was I doubt he wants gmod to turn into snowflake city either.

I don't have a clue why you think the bans were for saying that, they were for much worse.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Just gonna spit it out here. I don’t feel offended or something like if you tell me that I am gay. I just don’t care about it. But there will always be some boys or girls who are insecure about which gender they really feel more attracted to. For some it is easy to find their way and for some it’s quite hard because in the background the parents might also be a factor of why they are insecure about their sexuality. In this phase where they are going to decide which gender they like more.. Well those players need some safety and shouldn’t hear something like „You fa**ot“ or whatever because they will think that they will always be called like that then. Being an outsider is for many teens not easy.

So. In all respect I suggest to stop with it if you don’t know what it’s like to be in that situation. - I personally advise you guys too calm down and just let them be. Why? Because they are going through hell where others haven’t been.

All in all.. Just let anyone be and don’t make their life even more worse than it is already for some teens who try to find their sexuality.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
The following 1 user Likes RoCKy's post:
  • Grizzly
As much as I agree that people shouldn't be snowflakes, we have rules on this server and they must be followed. Failure to do so obviously leads to sanctions.

If you're referring to the situations that I think you are, sanctions in the form of bans were issued for homophobic and derogatory language; language that isn't tolerated on Fearless.

Is it really that hard to be nice?

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Toe Shmicki
If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.
Ryannnnnn
Fearless Full-Time Roleplayer

[Image: qVdVN2yh.jpg]
(05-07-2021, 10:55 PM)RoCKy Wrote: Just gonna spit it out here. I don’t feel offended or something like if you tell me that I am gay. I just don’t care about it. But there will always be some boys or girls who are insecure about which gender they really feel more attracted to. For some it is easy to find their way and for some it’s quite hard because in the background the parents might also be a factor of why they are insecure about their sexuality. In this phase where they are going to decide which gender they like more.. Well those players need some safety and shouldn’t hear something like „You fa**ot“ or whatever because they will think that they will always be called like that then. Being an outsider is for many teens not easy.

So. In all respect I suggest to stop with it if you don’t know what it’s like to be in that situation. - I personally advise you guys too calm down and just let them be. Why? Because they are going through hell where others haven’t been.

All in all.. Just let anyone be and don’t make their life even more worse than it is already for some teens who try to find their sexuality.
"some boys or girls who are insecure about which gender they really feel more attracted to"
So effectively every single form of critique should be banned as someone could be insecure regarding it, yeah?

I'm very insecure about how many bans I have on public forums, please remove all of mine immediately
The following 2 users Like Cygnus's post:
  • Juul, GeoxAreBad
(05-08-2021, 12:10 AM)Cygnus Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 10:55 PM)RoCKy Wrote: Just gonna spit it out here. I don’t feel offended or something like if you tell me that I am gay. I just don’t care about it. But there will always be some boys or girls who are insecure about which gender they really feel more attracted to. For some it is easy to find their way and for some it’s quite hard because in the background the parents might also be a factor of why they are insecure about their sexuality. In this phase where they are going to decide which gender they like more.. Well those players need some safety and shouldn’t hear something like „You fa**ot“ or whatever because they will think that they will always be called like that then. Being an outsider is for many teens not easy.

"some boys or girls who are insecure about which gender they really feel more attracted to"
So effectively every single form of critique should be banned as someone could be insecure regarding it, yeah?

I'm very insecure about how many bans I have on public forums, please remove all of mine immediately
No. It shouldn’t be bannable at some point. However, there is a limit and if you really go over that then you should expect that actions will have to be taken by staff. I would rather speak to you about it and if you continue then there is no other way than to hand out a punishment for it.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
(05-07-2021, 11:04 PM)Ryan Wrote: If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.
Mfer quoting Joseph Goebbels

"Why are people such snowflakes on this server omg!!!" > Makes an entire thread about a few bans

On a real note, letting a gay dude affect your emotions just for being gay is kinda gay

EDIT: Actually quoting Hitler my bad fellas
The following 2 users Like Ranger's post:
  • Emil, god
(05-08-2021, 12:10 AM)Cygnus Wrote:

I think the problem here is that critiques shouldn't be unwarranted, and if they are you should be very careful how you portray your analysis of someone. If I ask you what your opinion is of my face and you say 'I don't like your acne' that is complete warranted as I have asked you to be honest with me, however if you randomly said 'damn I don't like your acne' I would feel attacked, clearly your actions are malicious or purposely trying to hurt me. The same applies for calling someone gay. Whilst a lot of the time the person you call gay takes it as a joke either because they are openly gay or straight and are not phased by your silly comment, at the same time the comment wasn't asked for in any way. There is a chance the person you are communicating this 'critique' to could actually be very vulnerable about how they feel on sexuality and you have just hit a nerve in them that could make them very upset.

Your argument that you feel 'insecure' about your bans and then therefore they should be removed is rather silly. You knowingly broke the rules, and the rules you broke are severe. Also everyone can see you broke them so there is no hiding it, being insecure about your harassment doesn't mean that it can just be wiped of the face of the planet. Unfortunately that is not how punishment works :/
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
The following 1 user Likes Grizzly's post:
  • Lewwings