Character Introduction System
(01-22-2021, 06:48 PM)Eclipze Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 05:39 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote: And THIS is the issue when you let developers make their own updates.

No-one wanted OR requested this. What makes FL, FL is the semi-serious. Being able to see who people are, what your K/D is, job titles.

You've removed all of that. What a fucking joke lmao, Divey you REALLY know how to run a server lmao. 10/10. FYI, Limelight went down this 'more serious' route. Look where that took them. Keep it up, you're really trying to speedrun killing your server.

Updates like these were the first steps another community took. Now that community literally has 0 players on a daily basis.

Not bashing king stone or those involved for their work, they probably work really hard and I will show appreciation towards their dedication.

Bit of a stretch to say it was caused by an update because we all know it wasn't. Just because that server is struggling doesn't mean every single thing they did is a bad idea that will also kill FL. This was wanted by our community so we added it. We're not going to compare ourselves to others because every community is different and has different needs.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Complete shit. Way too serious for a semi-serious RP server.
The following 3 users Like Jan's post:
  • gin, Jimmy The, DankNukem
(01-22-2021, 06:35 PM)Panda Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 06:33 PM)Arny Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 06:32 PM)Panda Wrote: I always thought something LIKE this should be put in place, but this all seems a little excessive. I’m just imagining the pain it would be in out of character situations like admin sits where the admin isn’t going to have a scooby who they’re talking to because they can’t see their information.

They can see them in noclip

That would be such a nuisance having to no clip every time, after all it is a test

Nuisance? It's a simple key bind for no clip. Most of the time in admin sits the admin is usually in no clip anyway.

I like the update as meta-gaming is a big issue and even if the server is "semi-serious" that doesn't mean this update shouldn't have been added. 

Limelight's player base collapsed due to a number of things; this type of update not being one of them.
The following 6 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • gin, Adamantite, Ludo, Pollux, BasicallyMental, De CodeerHeer
Hmm, just a little worried about how new members will do with this update

Let's see how it goes
The following 2 users Like Self's post:
  • gin, Lewwings
[Image: eb7rkam.png]
The following 3 users Like L Y N C H Y's post:
  • gin, De CodeerHeer, Molyneux481
How long will this test go on for?
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Panda's post:
  • gin
(01-22-2021, 07:18 PM)Panda Wrote: How long will this test go on for?

2/3 years till server is 0/50 and called PolluxRP. Smile
(01-22-2021, 07:36 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:18 PM)Panda Wrote: How long will this test go on for?

2/3 years till server is 0/50 and called PolluxRP. Smile

I like how you still blame Pollux for this when I'm the one who took initiative, and also coded the update. Blame me! KingstoneRP confirmed.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 3 users Like gin's post:
  • Pollux, Chumps, Molyneux481
next the contra update? been waiting 3 years now.
Good step in the right direction to combat metagaming. I'm sure tweaking will happen throughout the testing phase.
Keep up the good work!
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.