Character Introduction System
[Image: J8N14MQ.png]

Hey Fearless! This is an update post describing the new character introduction update which changes some dynamics around interactions between players. This is an update designed to improve roleplay around character identities. We've discussed this update internally for a long time, and it has finally come to life. The character introduction system changes the information you see about a player and thus it will be more in line with what your character has IC knowledge about.

This update is a test and may be removed if it doesn't play nicely on the server.

Recognition
Looking directly at a player will no longer display their name to you but will instead display a screen with an unique ID in hexadecimal format that is persistent to your player. This ID is used for player reporting, commands and so on, but is fully OOC. While looking at the player, you will also see their description, which can be used to describe your appearance in greater detail.

Commands relying on the entity index (ie. the ID shown next to the player) have been modified to also handle the new hex-IDs. Make sure to use the # infront of the ID in order for the command system to know that you're targeting hex-IDs.

Holding down the F4 button will now bring up a menu where you can select to let the player infront of you recognize you. Alternatively, you can also let all players within talking range recognize you. The recognization list is attached to your player and therefore lasts as long as you are on the server.

Frisking someone will also reveal their identity to you.

[Image: o622oSH.gif]

If you're recognized by a player, an eye icon will display when looking at them.
[Image: BjVKd62.png]

Voice panels also obey the new system.
[Image: z7XFlfk.png]

(Admins will be able to see your OOC name if they're noclipped).

Scoreboard
The Scoreboard will no longer display your job or character name, but will still display your Steam name. Frags and deaths have been hidden, but we plan to introduce clan leaderboards at a further date which ranks clans in aspects other than just their Kills/Deaths.

We've also made the scoreboard show your clan along with your rank within the clan, to make clans a more prominent feature of the gamemode, rather than being something small you see occasionally.
The President, Vice President and Police Sergeant will always be recognized and will be displayed on the scoreboard. This is due to their status as public figures, and thus everyone should be aware of who they are.
[Image: eMXezCL.png]

Other changes
- Police Sergeant now also gets the salary bonus that regular officers get based on their hours as police.
- Org names cannot be longer than 55 characters now.
- OOC is now coloured according to your rank color.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
based?
The following 1 user Likes Luna's post:
  • Zulu
nice
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Nice. Not to my personal taste as I feel it's a little excessive for "semi-serious". People have asked for something like this for years and years though, so epic job nonetheless!
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 3 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Joe Joe, gin, Ranger
Do they even need to recognize the Joseph Deacon at this point?

OT: Nice update overall! Maybe it could be nice to just allow anyone to identify you? Also if I may what about gasmasks as you can just hide your identity this way?
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • gin
Nice update, should actually make RP more interesting.
The following 1 user Likes Adamantite's post:
  • gin
very nice
[Image: 9lQ10sX.png]
updated 1/24/2020
The following 1 user Likes Rozzok's post:
  • gin
(01-22-2021, 04:40 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Do they even need to recognize the Joseph Deacon at this point?

OT: Nice update overall! Maybe it could be nice to just allow anyone to identify you? Also if I may what about gasmasks as you can just hide your identity this way?

Masked clothing will hide your identity even to people who you've recognised with.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
ok i like
 [Image: ZOfygkU.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zulu's post:
  • gin
What about wanted individuals? Everyone should be able to recognize them?
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 2 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • gin, Link