Community Voting and more.
Title of Suggestion: A change?

Description
See below.

Why?
Since the farming update, it has seen many players return and grind hours into the server which is a positive. However over the past 3-4 days that sudden increase in the player count is now slowly decreasing day by day. I don't want FL to end up on its knees again so we need to try and work out how to keep it standing strong.

As I mentioned before, the farming update attracted many old and new players to come to try it; we could tell by the full server and at one point I think I had to use the implemented server queue a couple of times this month.

Looking at the SteamChart database here:

[Image: RifYmLl.png]

It shows we're not short of players in the game, it just shows that CityRP FL is not the game to play hence the player count decreases.

What I would suggest is an implemented community voting system for suggestions on the likes of discord; for example, this community uses it well here:

[Image: J19WNpP.png]

[Image: xFmiWUh.png]

Green if you want it; Red if you don't, simple.

If people have a better say in the matter then they'll feel more a part of the community and help it thrive in success.

This means it's a community decision rather than behind the scenes all the time.

To add to everything, the new server that has just launched is going to drag more players from FL onto theirs. What is your current plan in trying to keep players on this one rather than being more entertained on a different one?

When was the last major update that was wanted by the community?

The +Support and -Support never seems to actually help.

Before you release a major update, make sure you get a community vote on who wants it and take feedback on the update, you can post a thread displaying the update, for instance, the farming system, you posted a video on how it worked, you could then put a poll up on the community's opinion. Or Instead of wasting all your time coding and developing it, post a demonstration on how the update would work and how it could benefit the server and make it more entertaining for the players.

Over the past year or so there has been a major divide between AggRP and passive RP. Us Aggressive Roleplayers get a bad reputation just because all we seem to do is run around and shoot people. This is only due to the limitations that we have to actually Aggressive Roleplay. When our side then goes onto Passive Roleplay we get treated like a joke like we’re not being serious. This pushes us away from doing it.

As we can see by another screenshot linked below, nobody ever seems to actually passively roleplay to your standards as the RP points database on forums seems very quiet. Yeah you shouldn’t roleplay for points but what's the point if new players and old ones don't see to be up to your standard to get rewarded:

[Image: vU4qrfC.png]

This is not a thread to insult the team, it's one to try and help the server altogether. You may think this is just another one of those threads but we’re seriously trying to make it better for everyone.

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
The following 5 users Like Jordy's post:
  • Steven8ken, EAGLE:), Seifenspende, Kippsee, Edned
+support
+Support
+support
[Image: gn3iiwj]
I agree there can be more done to help the community thrive but unfortunately there is a handful of devs who need time to make the suggestions people have had accepted into the actual game and some times it goes unnoticed when actually completed.

But I 100% agree more needs to be done in the idea of updates but the problem is what specifically can be seen as a huge addition into the server?

Also in regards to RPPs, I can say for a fact the reason for not a lot of points being given is that no one is doing roleplays like stores, or anything passive etc, that’s not to say Passive is the only way to get points but, people are just going unnoticed because we aren’t seeing roleplay happen.

But there is the Roleplay Recommendation forum you can use to recommend people to receive an RPP if you believe their RP is good but an admin didn’t see it.

-Removed by Steven8ken
+Support
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
+support
Aragorn
Fearless Community Donator
-Support

I don't like the idea of moving suggestions from the forums to discord, it just means less people will be able to vote on stuff and suggestions will be less detailed. I do think suggestions can be handled better but discord isn't it. I don't get your example because farming was wanted, there were several suggestions on it including recent ones.

You're forgetting there's a significant amount of time between something being approved and being done too, I don't see how discord votes would help with this.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-16-2020, 03:26 PM)Pollux Wrote: -Support

I don't like the idea of moving suggestions from the forums to discord, it just means less people will be able to vote on stuff and suggestions will be less detailed. I do think suggestions can be handled better but discord isn't it. I don't get your example because farming was wanted, there were several suggestions on it including recent ones.

You're forgetting there's a significant amount of time between something being approved and being done too, I don't see how discord votes would help with this.

I really don't mean moving suggestions to Discord, I mean the stuff you add which isn't suggested or certain changes we as the community can vote on for example ideas you guys come up with or slight rule changes or implemented rules.

Also, you guys bring out certain changes without us knowing anything until it's released; kevlar for example.

I know there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes and I respect the work rate and how much you need to do but with the community deciding on things it'll make your job easier.

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
The following 2 users Like Jordy's post:
  • ART, Ludo
I just want to leave a comment here about how suggestions and bugs now work with the development workflow to keep the community informed.

We use GitHub for out development workflow. Thanks to @Darrell, Suggestions & Bugs now automatically reach our backlog (suggestions do when approved), and are much more accessible and manageable to deal with. If the community has voted for something, we implement it. If not, we don't.

I recognise that in the past, developers have implemented additions/changes to the gamemode that the community do not necessarily want or asked for (this does not include essential backend stuff, I am talking additions to the game in a playable sense). From now on, this will not happen. All changes added to the gamemode get reviewed by at least 2 members of the development team and we can see what gets added afterwards.

Suggestions are listened to, and we will continue to work with the community to give everyone what they want! After all, it's the community who makes FL what it is, not just the team.

Saying that, I don't want to move any systems entirely over to Discord but I'm sure that's not what you mean. Although, we are fixing all the Discord bots currently and getting those back online properly, so some more suggestion integration wouldn't go a miss.

Appreciate your suggestion here and I hear you. I will leave it open for more opinions though, of course!
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
The following 3 users Like Edned's post:
  • Jordy, BoJack, Slaint