Bring Back #humanities
Title of Suggestion: Bring Back #humanities

Description
Since its removal a few months ago, there has been no place to talk about current affairs, politics, and humanity subjects in the Discord. The initial removal was unnecessary and excessive, and by bringing it back, it would mean that such topics don't spill into other channels (as they have done recently), meaning those that don't want to see them don't have to, and those that do have a one-stop for it.

Why?
Humanities was a great channel for many people, taking advantage of the great broad church of views and opinions that the FL community has due to its sheer numbers. It allowed the community to come together and discuss actual issues. I concede that there were certain troublemakers or those with extreme views present, a vocal minority as such. There are a couple of methods that could be used to tackle these issues should it be brought back:
1) Mute the channel - if you don't want to see or be involved in anything relating to this, mute it.

2) 1 strike system - a single warning followed by a Discord ban. It's not hard to do that, and it keeps people in line by setting a precedent that should be then followed fairly.

Humanities was a great chat, many of us in the community had peaceful discussions that were extremely interesting, informative, and topical. A few bad eggs shouldn't be tarnishing the actual community spirit that was had, seen in a discord chat that people actually interacted with on a regular basis, where people got to know each other and talk about interesting current affairs. I completely disagree with the comments that it is a "shitshow to moderate" - I tended to be the main person doing the moderation in there - in fact I'd willingly do so again if it meant ensuring the peace was kept, but many of the problem-makers are gone, some being banned.

It's surely worth a shot to bring back FLs most active discord channel, at least for a trial to see how it runs again. There are many of us that would appreciate it.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

+Support
Approved.

We will be trialling the return of this channel for a month and at the end, Divey will assess the quality of conversation in said chat and will decide it's ultimate fate.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]