Development - what's going on?!
Brick 
Hello Fearless,

Firstly, I just want to say a massive thanks to the community for being so welcoming to me becoming SA. I aim to do right by everyone and strive for positive change. For those that don’t know me, I’ve been around a little while (2013) and seen the community go through many changes over time. I left back in 2018 but returned this year to recover the lost data back in April and stuck around since then. There’s no argument in saying that the community has been in disagreement, disarray (and many more words I could pluck out the Oxford Dictionary), etc - but, I hope we can move on in higher spirits and positive change.

As I am now taking the lead of all development relating to Fearless, transparency with the community is one of my highest priorities.

At the end of the day, it’s the community that has made and makes the game what it is today, not just the team. I want everyone’s voices to be equally heard as much as possible going forward. I started this promise by spending a day processing all the suggestions section not too long ago. Nothing is buried any longer and if you have any fresh ideas for the gamemode/forums, I encourage you to post a suggestion!

Anyway, the question everyone has been asking, “what the **** is going on with development?!”.

As of today, I am laying out a draft road-map of what is in the works and the upcoming changes you should expect shortly.

So, anything coming… soon soon?

Yes! I am working with @Darrell to completely recreate the Advanced Duplicator Transfer page, which has been less than on par for many years now. I’ve stopped counting the number of bug threads we’ve had about it. It’s just an annoyance to players. You should see it out within the next week!

As Divey mentioned in the previous announcement thread, we will be integrating some new addons to the gamemode with some exciting features for both our aggressive and passive roleplayers and I can’t wait for you to get your hands on this new content. I am working on this within the coming weeks!

The Map! Yes, the map is still being worked on and is much a priority to us. We have hit a glitch with Hammer regarding the map lighting, but Darrell is working hard to repair this and then we will be within the realms of final stages before releasing the map onto the servers. It is similar to the current V4B1 map, except it has had some heavy performance fixes which are especially noticeable for members with older computers - which could be a complete game changer for some.

There’s also issues that I will be addressing, including (but not limited to) CW weapon damage and penetration (especially the shotgun). These are at the top of the importance list and I understand the issues these things cause for aggressive roleplay.

I have also been working on making some much needed changes to the access our Trial Admin S2 team gets to make their jobs easier, both via the forums and in-game access too. These changes are rolling out imminently.

We’ve also got over 200 approved suggestions to be working on, so you should see some more of those being integrated into the gamemode shortly too! Cool

Are developers getting paid?

Short answer, yes.
Long answer, I am working closely with Divey to ensure that all development projects are agreed on in terms of time scales and payment figures before the work commences so there is no scepticism. This goes for both our developers and contributors equally within the team. I will also be repairing any issues within the team and making necessary changes too.

Currently, 30% of all monthly budgets are dedicated to development but it has been agreed that exceeding that figure is not an issue when needed.

Keeping you Updated

That’s all I have for the meantime, but I will keep the community informed with any changes going forward. If you have any questions, please send me a DM on Discord (Edned# 6463) or here on the forums and I’d be more than happy to answer.

Thank you for your patience, all the best for now! Talk soon.

Ed.
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
now this is hot ed
The following 1 user Likes JONATHANPOO's post:
  • Edned
Glad to hear it, look forward to seeing some changes and new things to do!
looks good Ed!

Regards,
Fearless Donator
... Fuck the map dude. No-one wants a fucking map.

Yes, I am happy you're SA at-least its a fresh face who might bring FL back but THE MAP IS NOT WHAT FL NEEDS. You need new shit which is interesting. No-one wants a fucking map. Its a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. You're literally going to develop it and no-one will care...

You really need to THINK AND PRIOTIZE what is needed and what suggestions are the easist to do and bring the most value for FL. Then look at what suggestions will take more time to develop but are worth it as they provide something that is needed for FL.
The following 2 users Like Jimmy The's post:
  • EAGLE:), John Jong
(09-09-2020, 11:06 AM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote: ... Fuck the map dude. No-one wants a fucking map.

Yes, I am happy you're SA at-least its a fresh face who might bring FL back but THE MAP IS NOT WHAT FL NEEDS. You need new shit which is interesting. No-one wants a fucking map. Its a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. You're literally going to develop it and no-one will care...

You really need to THINK AND PRIOTIZE what is needed and what suggestions are the easist to do and bring the most value for FL. Then look at what suggestions will take more time to develop but are worth it as they provide something that is needed for FL.

The map is not a main focus, although it will be out soon. The map is basically V4B1 but it tenders to the community who have older computers because the EvoCity maps are terrible for optimisation.

Everything else you said is already what we're doing Smile
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
The following 5 users Like Edned's post:
  • rino, max., SpaghettiFTW, Steven8ken, Slaint
This looks promising! I am looking forward to the upcoming updates!
[Image: TglJDob.png]
(09-09-2020, 10:38 AM)Edned Wrote: Hello Fearless,

Firstly, I just want to say a massive thanks to the community for being so welcoming to me becoming SA. I aim to do right by everyone and strive for positive change. For those that don’t know me, I’ve been around a little while (2013) and seen the community go through many changes over time. I left back in 2018 but returned this year to recover the lost data back in April and stuck around since then. There’s no argument in saying that the community has been in disagreement, disarray (and many more words I could pluck out the Oxford Dictionary), etc - but, I hope we can move on in higher spirits and positive change.

As I am now taking the lead of all development relating to Fearless, transparency with the community is one of my highest priorities.

At the end of the day, it’s the community that has made and makes the game what it is today, not just the team. I want everyone’s voices to be equally heard as much as possible going forward. I started this promise by spending a day processing all the suggestions section not too long ago. Nothing is buried any longer and if you have any fresh ideas for the gamemode/forums, I encourage you to post a suggestion!

Anyway, the question everyone has been asking, “what the **** is going on with development?!”.

As of today, I am laying out a draft road-map of what is in the works and the upcoming changes you should expect shortly.

So, anything coming… soon soon?

Yes! I am working with @Darrell to completely recreate the Advanced Duplicator Transfer page, which has been less than on par for many years now. I’ve stopped counting the number of bug threads we’ve had about it. It’s just an annoyance to players. You should see it out within the next week!

As Divey mentioned in the previous announcement thread, we will be integrating some new addons to the gamemode with some exciting features for both our aggressive and passive roleplayers and I can’t wait for you to get your hands on this new content. I am working on this within the coming weeks!

The Map! Yes, the map is still being worked on and is much a priority to us. We have hit a glitch with Hammer regarding the map lighting, but Darrell is working hard to repair this and then we will be within the realms of final stages before releasing the map onto the servers. It is similar to the current V4B1 map, except it has had some heavy performance fixes which are especially noticeable for members with older computers - which could be a complete game changer for some.

There’s also issues that I will be addressing, including (but not limited to) CW weapon damage and penetration (especially the shotgun). These are at the top of the importance list and I understand the issues these things cause for aggressive roleplay.

I have also been working on making some much needed changes to the access our Trial Admin S2 team gets to make their jobs easier, both via the forums and in-game access too. These changes are rolling out imminently.

We’ve also got over 200 approved suggestions to be working on, so you should see some more of those being integrated into the gamemode shortly too! Cool

Are developers getting paid?

Short answer, yes.
Long answer, I am working closely with Divey to ensure that all development projects are agreed on in terms of time scales and payment figures before the work commences so there is no scepticism. This goes for both our developers and contributors equally within the team. I will also be repairing any issues within the team and making necessary changes too.

Currently, 30% of all monthly budgets are dedicated to development but it has been agreed that exceeding that figure is not an issue when needed.

Keeping you Updated

That’s all I have for the meantime, but I will keep the community informed with any changes going forward. If you have any questions, please send me a DM on Discord (Edned# 6463) or here on the forums and I’d be more than happy to answer.

Thank you for your patience, all the best for now! Talk soon.

Ed.
[Image: 0SSh1TN.png]
Finally a knight in shining armour, just what we needed, I hope you stay true to your words Smile

Thanks
Fearless Veteran 8^)
If anyone can pull it off, it's you Ed. Good luck mate
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 2 users Like Conn's post:
  • Molyneux481, Kippsee