Regarding the exploit.
take a look at what happened, seriously, £482,118 in the first month, and i'm simply blown away!
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 6 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Bulldogg, Joe Joe, Ghost, Kappatalist, jhayw, Conn
Pretty stupid to wipe the inventories of 10 of the most active players of the server IMO (at least it seems to be as if they are), since the server is experiencing a decrease in popularity and it doesn't really give them much of a reason to return. However I also understand that wiping is the simplest solution to removing the illicit currency generated, so I guess it makes sense that way. I can't believe that most people would like to volunteer to just remove the exploited cash since it seems as if it would take up a lot of time.
rip frost's inventory
The following 1 user Likes Dextah's post:
  • Dimitris
What I think would be fair is a perm ban and then you should have the option to make a unban request in 2-5years.
The wipe of wallet/inventory should be without no doubt.
Special rules cannot be made just because you are "active" the rules counts for everybody, regardless of your background.
I don't think these people recognize the damage they have/had caused the servers economic state by transferring etc.
I think this punishment issued was okay, considered it was a pretty silly exploit however, the people who abused it should be accounted and justified for.
The following 1 user Likes Bulldogg's post:
  • Nadrickk
(07-26-2020, 03:43 AM)Bonez Wrote: What I think would be fair is a perm ban and then you should have the option to make a unban request in 2-5years.
Special rules cannot be made just because you are "active" the rules counts for everybody, regardless of your background.
I don't think these people recognize the damage they have/had caused the servers economic state by transferring etc.
I think this punishment issued was okay, considered it was a pretty silly exploit however, the people who abused it should be accounted and justified for.

Of course the rules should apply to everyone, but there is definitely a smarter way of handling it if you wish to keep the playerbase active. Like instead of removing literally EVERYTHING they have ever worked for on FL, just remove the money that has been gained by exploiting instead. Most of these guys are die hard money grinders and years of progression was just reset. Why should they return to a server with a dying playerbase who also the majority of the staff team have been against them the entire time? The server will feel this, as 10 people is quite a large number considering I mostly see 30 people on at the same time.
Of course the rules should apply to everyone, but there is definitely a smarter way of handling it if you wish to keep the playerbase active. Like instead of removing literally EVERYTHING they have ever worked for on FL, just remove the money that has been gained by exploiting instead. Most of these guys are die hard money grinders and years of progression was just reset. Why should they return to a server with a dying playerbase who also the majority of the staff team have been against them the entire time? The server will feel this, as 10 people is quite a large number considering I mostly see 30 people on at the same time.
[/quote]

I do acknowledge your points and it must really suck to start over again but if you look at events exploiting with the intention to make money, has always been punished hard.
This point you make about the player base is true and I think everyone can acknowledge that but again it's the admin's decision and there is not much more to say and they need to apply power as a result of consequences, whatever that punishment may be that's up to the team itself...
(07-26-2020, 03:43 AM)Bonez Wrote: What I think would be fair is a perm ban and then you should have the option to make a unban request in 2-5years.

2-5 years, my man you are a fuckig joker, lmao.
(07-25-2020, 09:24 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: If I remember correctly, there isn't a way to tell if you exploited 10k or 10 million, so punishments are handed out based solely on the reason you abused a money glitch. Also, personally I don't understand why people with over a million would abuse money exploits. At that point, they have way more to lose than to gain by exploiting money.

In this case there is a way to find out.
I love how many of you think we're in 2015 fearless. Back then people would get permed for saying they would DDOS the server, but guess what what they could fucking afford it.
Now there have been weekends that play count hasn't gone above 20 players and they just lost even more, because I know I won't play to grind all over again neither will kiro and many others that got their shit wiped. I am not saying just because of the player count people should be let off with exploiting but you got to adapt to each situation and base your ban off the state of the server. Divey has too big of an ego to see that what he did just lost him a  other 10 or even more players.
The following 2 users Like Dimitris's post:
  • horror, RaZZ
Even if we would have told the devs about the bug, when will they fix it? 2 weeks? 1 month? Maybe 3 months?

Love how people say ‘rUlEs ArE rUlEs!!’ until they get banned.
The following 1 user Likes horror's post:
  • Magnus