Regarding the exploit.
I just wanted to see how the people that are not involved in this situation feel about the decision taken. Personally I feel like they are being extremely harsh wiping both inventory and wallet and also giving 1 month bans out. I feel like wiping wallets and giving a month ban would be more than enough. 

How do you guys feel?
Harsh? You're getting off very lightly, in the past people have gotten year or even just ToS bans and an inventory wipe so if anything you should feel pretty lucky.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Considering this is literally the first rule in the ruleset along with it being common sense to not abuse exploits I feel like the punishment is fair. People who abused the exploit knowingly took a risk and hence they should accept any repercussions that follow. If I had abused the exploit knowingly and got off with a 1-month ban and a wipe I'd honestly be pretty happy.

While you say they could have wiped the money and let people keep the inventory, that is true but at the same time, they could've bought items with the exploited money. 
Personally, I would probably have gone back in time and followed their money flow and remove the exploited money, perhaps a bit more to have some form of negative impact. But the ban would probably have been longer than a 1-month ban if that had been done.

See it as a new start, now you have something to play for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(07-25-2020, 08:27 PM)Rylund Wrote: Considering this is literally the first rule in the ruleset along with it being common sense to not abuse exploits I feel like the punishment is fair. People who abused the exploit knowingly took a risk and hence they should accept any repercussions that follow. If I had abused the exploit knowingly and got off with a 1-month ban and a wipe I'd honestly be pretty happy.

While you say they could have wiped the money and let people keep the inventory, that is true but at the same time, they could've bought items with the exploited money. 
Personally, I would probably have gone back in time and followed their money flow and remove the exploited money, perhaps a bit more to have some form of negative impact. But the ban would probably have been longer than a 1-month ban if that had been done.

As you can see many of the players that got banned have worked a lot to have that inv value. My 30mil inv was completely legit as confirmed by the admin that caught me for exploiting. I think it's a wrong move regarding the number of players the server will lose from this. Because I know that personally I will never return to start all over again and neither will most of the guys that got banned.
(07-25-2020, 08:33 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 08:27 PM)Rylund Wrote: Considering this is literally the first rule in the ruleset along with it being common sense to not abuse exploits I feel like the punishment is fair. People who abused the exploit knowingly took a risk and hence they should accept any repercussions that follow. If I had abused the exploit knowingly and got off with a 1-month ban and a wipe I'd honestly be pretty happy.

As you can see many of the players that got banned have worked a lot to have that inv value. My 30mil inv was completely legit as confirmed by the admin that caught me for exploiting. I think it's a wrong move regarding the number of players the server will lose from this. Because I know that personally I will never return to start all over again and neither will most of the guys that got banned.

But why would you abuse an exploit if you have plenty of money in the first place? You knew that you could end up getting caught at some point and that consequences would follow if you were caught.

What did you expect to get out of abusing an exploit?
(07-25-2020, 08:37 PM)Rylund Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 08:33 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

As you can see many of the players that got banned have worked a lot to have that inv value. My 30mil inv was completely legit as confirmed by the admin that caught me for exploiting. I think it's a wrong move regarding the number of players the server will lose from this. Because I know that personally I will never return to start all over again and neither will most of the guys that got banned.

But why would you abuse an exploit if you have plenty of money in the first place? You knew that you could end up getting caught at some point and that consequences would follow if you were caught.

What did you expect to get out of abusing an exploit?

I mean me personally, I was drunk that night so ye.. . Now I am not sure about the other players. I do agree that there has to be a punishment for what we did, but completely wiping wallets and handing out a ban I believe would be enough.
What's the alternative? If you let people off lightly you're only sending the message that it's ok to exploit and that there won't be lasting consequences for doing so.
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
The following 2 users Like Kappatalist's post:
  • Toe Shmicki, PhantomSolaris
(07-25-2020, 08:43 PM)Kappatalist Wrote: What's the alternative? If you let people off lightly you're only sending the message that it's ok to exploit and that there won't be lasting consequences for doing so.

Maybe a longer ban along with the wipe of wallets? But the wallet wipe itself ain't little, some people literally exploited very little amounts just to see the exploit and got done for it while having millions.
(07-25-2020, 08:41 PM)Dimitris Wrote: --snippity snoopity--

I mean me personally, I was drunk that night so ye.. . Now I am not sure about the other players. I do agree that there has to be a punishment for what we did, but completely wiping wallets and handing out a ban I believe would be enough.

I see your point, I still believe that it should have serious consequences to abuse exploits.
However, I do believe it should depend on the severity of the exploiting. A person who knowingly exploited it a ton should face more severe consequences than someone who just used it once and didn't gain that much from it.
(07-25-2020, 08:52 PM)Rylund Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 08:41 PM)Dimitris Wrote: --snippity snoopity--

I see your point, I still believe that it should have serious consequences to abuse exploits.
However, I do believe it should depend on the severity of the exploiting. A person who knowingly exploited it a ton should face more severe consequences than someone who just used it once and didn't gain that much from it.

Agreed, anyways this decision is for sure final as Divey's ego would never allow him to admit he misjudged a situation ( Not speaking only about this situation ), but ye I feel like considering the state FL is in he is being extremely harsh just for the sake of it.