Gamechanging Updates!
To answer OP's question, on topic.... In order to make gamechanging updates, I ask myself the question "This is a semi-Serious RP server. What feels unrealistic, and what can be done, to make it more entertaining and closer to realism?"
Could be stuff like.. (I'm just brainstorming here)

Skills. Level up your skills with all kind of weapons, in order to gain accuarcy/better equipment as reward? (Promotes aggRP)
Cooking skills, need to cook your food in order to eat it. however, this requires you have an appartment or villa (Promotes houseRP?)
Add different food needs, etc veggies, fish, hydration? (You cant live forever on chinesefood)
NPC vehicle spawner,
Car showoff room and dealership (it's not darkRP, thats actually closer to seriousRP than anything)
Add player markets. Let you set up a booth and insert items, you want to sell. You set the price, and people can press "E" and purchase it?
Add NPC market? Remove the F1 market, and let people visit NPC's to buy stuff. (Besides jobs that actually sell stuff)
Job NPC - If you want a job, get hired by a NPC.
Sleeping/fatigue. Add a need, where you have to lay down for X Sec/Min, in order to rest. (This would have to be thought into RP's aswell)
Add new up to date cars (BMW 2020, because its essential)
Add more rare items, like the BMW (This will improve peoples interest in trading and increases interactions then?)
More emotes (More depth to RP)
Fix the bus (It's floating >.<)
Some more changes to the weapons, but as i'm not an AggRP'er, i'm not sure what.

This is just a brainstorm, but basically thinking of how to improve the semi-serious scene, with these ideas. Some may say my ideas are "DarkRP" because most DarkRP servers have soem of them - But it's closer to Semi-seriousRP than DarkRP. And oh well, we're in DarkRP category afterall, arent we?
The following 5 users Like Nadrickk's post:
  • Rylund, Kappatalist, Alphaverse, Falc, Pollux
(07-24-2020, 06:44 PM)Alphaverse Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 06:11 PM)JohnJong Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 09:59 AM)Alphaverse Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 09:11 AM)Saul_Goodman Wrote: basic bank robbery:

bank located on map - back room is vault - keypad crack the vault - click E on money - cops alerted by this point, hold them off for 10 minutes until money - jobs a gooden.

very basic example for a starting point. Seen more simple on darkrp servers. Anyway hope this helps ya’ll

I've got an more complex idea in mind.. Will post a suggestion later this day.

no need to over complicate things when it wont get done

No need to add too simple things if they will loose the fun after a short time Wink

Yes I see your point however you must understand that if you begin to make something complicated then it will take longer to release and then people will get bored of it after maybe an hour or two extra. This is a gmod server we don’t need complicated realistic ways to make drugs and shit we just want to have fun and make money etc not think oh shit i left my weed up for too long looks like i’ve just lost another 20k
The following 1 user Likes John Jong's post:
  • Haarek
Bringing more and more updates onto Fearless will not restore the old glorious days. Back then people fell for the Fearless RP gamemode, how it was back then. People fell for the uniqueness of FL and its cityRP gamemode. People fell for the community that was existing back then. Nowadays nothing of that remains. FL died in 2016/2017. For the past 3 years i have attempted to return to FL without succeeding. I have had fun for 20-30 hours and then I've become bored. Why? Because I possibly cant revive the old days. Looking back I realise that what made FL so great was not necessarily that it had modern updates that were advanced. But rather because the gamemode was unique and simple. It gave players loads of options to choose what to do themselves and it was really easy for a new player to get used to gamemode and a thing I had not seen on for example DarkRP. It was a unique gamemode, the only one of its kind.

Secondly after the gamemode came the community. The community back then was really great. Most people were friends with each other and you knew most of the people who were online at the time, or you atleast recognised them. People were RPing nonstop with many events happening from time to time. The admins were an active part of this. Back then FL really felt like a community, roleplaying was a daily thing, admins were active and interactive with the community, you made new friends and everyone was having a blast, you could hope on teamspeak and talk to 5-10 people non stop. I remember back in 2016 I used to sit with a load of people up to 4am in the morning just playing and having a blast together. I never see such things today. The community is not a community. It is a server filled with individuals who play invdividually with one or two friends.
I believe removing teamspeak was a big part of this. Because back when teamspeak existed you had the oppurtunity to speak to people you had never spoken to. That was how I met most of my friends back in the day. You saw them ingame and talked to them on teamspeak. Now noone speaks on discord. I made a lot of friends on FL, alot of them I still talk to today and some of them Ive met.

Stop looking for updates to try and bring back the old days, that will never work. FL will never be the same. Why? Because it distance itself more and more from the gamemode and community most people fell in love with.
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
The following 7 users Like Eclipze's post:
  • Alphaverse, Rylund, Grizzly, RaZZ, god, SpaghettiFTW, Spartan_KCT
(07-27-2020, 08:41 PM)Eclipze Wrote: Bringing more and more updates onto Fearless will not restore the old glorious days. Back then people fell for the Fearless RP gamemode, how it was back then. People fell for the uniqueness of FL and its cityRP gamemode. People fell for the community that was existing back then. Nowadays nothing of that remains. FL died in 2016/2017. For the past 3 years i have attempted to return to FL without succeeding. I have had fun for 20-30 hours and then I've become bored. Why? Because I possibly cant revive the old days. Looking back I realise that what made FL so great was not necessarily that it had modern updates that were advanced. But rather because the gamemode was unique and simple. It gave players loads of options to choose what to do themselves and it was really easy for a new player to get used to gamemode and a thing I had not seen on for example DarkRP. It was a unique gamemode, the only one of its kind.

Secondly after the gamemode came the community. The community back then was really great. Most people were friends with each other and you knew most of the people who were online at the time, or you atleast recognised them. People were RPing nonstop with many events happening from time to time. The admins were an active part of this. Back then FL really felt like a community, roleplaying was a daily thing, admins were active and interactive with the community, you made new friends and everyone was having a blast, you could hope on teamspeak and talk to 5-10 people non stop. I remember back in 2016 I used to sit with a load of people up to 4am in the morning just playing and having a blast together. I never see such things today. The community is not a community. It is a server filled with individuals who play invdividually with one or two friends.
I believe removing teamspeak was a big part of this. Because back when teamspeak existed you had the oppurtunity to speak to people you had never spoken to. That was how I met most of my friends back in the day. You saw them ingame and talked to them on teamspeak. Now noone speaks on discord. I made a lot of friends on FL, alot of them I still talk to today and some of them Ive met.

Stop looking for updates to try and bring back the old days, that will never work. FL will never be the same. Why? Because it distance itself more and more from the gamemode and community most people fell in love with.

I couldn't agree more
The following 1 user Likes Rylund's post:
  • Eclipze
I'd like to see improvements to the gundealer job. With physical shipments
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Answer: move back to ts
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Eclipze