Gamechanging Updates!
(07-24-2020, 07:16 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 07:08 PM)Arkten Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 07:00 PM)JoshZ Wrote: so expressing an opinion is now a war?

Constantly insulting them for their work, talking them down, demanding that they do something for you (for free) and denying straight up facts seems a bit conspirical to me ngl. There is nothing wrong with a constructive statement or criticising. But this is not critique at this point. It is mocking others and blaming them for the death of the community. I find it really unfair considering they do hard work.

Are you stupid? For me? For the community.

But they are already doing a lot for the community  Thinking  Thinking  Thinking

Seems to me that you just dont like what they are doing. But in that sense it wouldnt be for the community, but you so idk what you are on about rn...

Also no need to insult me or anyone else.
(07-24-2020, 08:05 PM)Arkten Wrote:

Constantly insulting them for their work, talking them down, demanding that they do something for you (for free) and denying straight up facts seems a bit conspirical to me ngl. There is nothing wrong with a constructive statement or criticising. But this is not critique at this point. It is mocking others and blaming them for the death of the community. I find it really unfair considering they do hard work.

But they are already doing a lot for the community  Thinking  Thinking  Thinking

Seems to me that you just dont like what they are doing. But in that sense it wouldnt be for the community, but you so idk what you are on about rn...

Look at the change-log for the last 2 months. What have they done?
(07-24-2020, 08:05 PM)JoshZ Wrote:

12 changes + the hidden entries we do not know about
(07-24-2020, 08:08 PM)Arkten Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 07:08 PM)Arkten Wrote: Constantly insulting them for their work, talking them down, demanding that they do something for you (for free) and denying straight up facts seems a bit conspirical to me ngl. There is nothing wrong with a constructive statement or criticising. But this is not critique at this point. It is mocking others and blaming them for the death of the community. I find it really unfair considering they do hard work.

Explain to me which updates have had any effect to the server what so ever?
(07-24-2020, 08:10 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 07:16 PM)JoshZ Wrote: Are you stupid? For me? For the community.

All of them, otherwise they wouldnt have been added lmfao.
Also, the changelog only includes things that were finished. There really big projects in the making (New GM, custom Map, vehicle system, etc.) that you cannot expect to be finished in two months. Also, again, the gamemode is incredibly hard to work with resulting in longer development time and less updates overall.

So really the devs are working for the community and saying otherwise is blatantly lying at this point.
(07-24-2020, 08:13 PM)Arkten Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:05 PM)Arkten Wrote: But they are already doing a lot for the community  Thinking  Thinking  Thinking

Also, the changelog only includes things that were finished. There really big projects in the making (New GM, custom Map, vehicle system, etc.) that you cannot expect to be finished in two months. Also, again, the gamemode is incredibly hard to work with resulting in longer development time and less updates overall.

So really the devs are working for the community and saying otherwise is blatantly lying at this point.

So you're telling me that each update that has been put out there has had an effect towards the playerbase of FL?
(07-24-2020, 08:15 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:05 PM)JoshZ Wrote: Look at the change-log for the last 2 months. What have they done?

So you're telling me that each update that has been put out there has had an effect towards the playerbase of FL?

It did. I am not one to judge whether it was "objectively" for the better or worse and neither do i think anyone else is. Again, there is also a lot in the making which has an effect on FL. You are very result-orientated. I might have to quote Kant that "only the intention can be good, but never the results alone". If you truly care about the community in the long run you would put off the attitude of demanding short-term satisfaction in favour for providing a good base to actually provide what you want: extensive gameplay, easy and fast to develop on.

Saying that the last years they havent done anything either is also just a subjective assumption as there were many players in the playerbase that liked the updates and enjoyed playing them.

Seems to me more like some kind of personal vendetta, but what would I know anyways.
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • Alphaverse
imagine if devs put time into developing somethin than makin these huge as replies loool gg wp
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Arkten
(07-24-2020, 08:20 PM)Arkten Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:15 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:08 PM)Arkten Wrote: 12 changes + the hidden entries we do not know about

It did. I am not one to judge whether it was "objectively" for the better or worse and neither do i think anyone else is. Again, there is also a lot in the making which has an effect on FL. You are very result-orientated. I might have to quote Kant that "only the intention can be good, but never the results alone". If you truly care about the community in the long run you would put off the attitude of demanding short-term satisfaction in favour for providing a good base to actually provide what you want: extensive gameplay, easy and fast to develop on.

Saying that the last years they havent done anything either is also just a subjective assumption as there were many players in the playerbase that liked the updates and enjoyed playing them.

Seems to me more like some kind of personal vendetta, but what would I know anyways.

See the problem is mate, is that this server has been dead for quite a long time now. Divey came in as owner of this server quite a while ago now. Guess what... nothing has happened what so ever in that time period. So you can keep saying be patient be patient but the problem is pal. People are loosing interest and that is gonna carry on happening until something game changing actually gets released. Pollux who's a ex dev took a risk and tried adding a contraband update last summer, and guess what happened. The server was full.
(07-24-2020, 08:35 PM)JoshZ Wrote: See the problem is mate, is that this server has been dead for quite a long time now. Divey came in as owner of this server quite a while ago now. Guess what... nothing has happened what so ever in that time period. So you can keep saying be patient be patient but the problem is pal. People are loosing interest and that is gonna carry on happening until something game changing actually gets released. Pollux who's a ex dev took a risk and tried adding a contraband update last summer, and guess what happened. The server was full.

I would argue that the server has been 'dead' well before Divey got Owner, but anyways that is not the issue at hand here. Your input is obviously very valuable when deciding which direction the devlopment should go to. Still, this is an internal decision made not by us. And anyways that is not what the arguments were about anywayyyys....