FL DEAD
(07-04-2020, 11:28 AM)Tails59 Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:20 PM)richieb Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:19 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:17 PM)Conn Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:15 PM)Zulu Wrote: "Once in a while." Okay.

Once in a while referring to one time period over the year.

But the thing is people are paying for this dedicated server so that Fearless services remain up, not for the owner to have a private circle jerk with friends only.

#OPENTHESERVERTOTHEPUBLIC

i mean technically the owner owns the server and can do what he wants with them whether it's with a "private circle jerk" or not lol

i mean technically its our money and our community and we can be mad that he's using it to play minecraft for himself instead of something that will revitalise the community a bit

Minecraft server cost nothing, affects FL in no way. It's still a non-issue. Server we have is because of single-threaded performance, happens to have 16 threads too that aren't all used.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

(07-04-2020, 11:40 AM)Conn Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 11:28 AM)Tails59 Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:20 PM)richieb Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:19 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:17 PM)Conn Wrote: Once in a while referring to one time period over the year.

But the thing is people are paying for this dedicated server so that Fearless services remain up, not for the owner to have a private circle jerk with friends only.

#OPENTHESERVERTOTHEPUBLIC

i mean technically the owner owns the server and can do what he wants with them whether it's with a "private circle jerk" or not lol

i mean technically its our money and our community and we can be mad that he's using it to play minecraft for himself instead of something that will revitalise the community a bit

Minecraft server cost nothing, affects FL in no way. It's still a non-issue. Server we have is because of single-threaded performance, happens to have 16 threads too that aren't all used.

I get that technically and economically it costs literally nothing, but I see why people are pissed about it - the dedi is meant for the community, not for the owner that was supposed to bring the server back to life to sit and play minecraft with his cronies. While it might not impact services ongoing, it is still pretty disheartening to find out that the owner uses community resources just to give himself something to do
The following 2 users Like Tails59's post:
  • Oliver, Lewwings
I'm literally confused af reading all this bullshit, server might be dead because people don't care about roleplay anymore, there's no aggressive going on either really so the other half is displeased, this community has just died. Its not what it used to be, people have gotten older have other shit to do aswell it happends. Nothing really to do about it. I've been in a community before FL that died off aswell because it was just same shit over and over again and if you as a player cannot make it fun for yourself then its not the staffs fault nor the owners. Even if you add new shit who really cares? its still the same server and even if you add new stuff people join for maybe a day or 2 and server will just die off again. Then starting a fucking debate about a small minecraft server do you people literally have nothing else to talk about? That minecraft server doesn't effect FL in any way so i don't see it as a problem. Try to give solutions not argue about useless shit that doesn't do anything. And if you're really here to find retarded small things to fight about then just leave whats the point of even staying if you don't like this place, not that hard to just move on and find a new place that fits you.
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
The following 1 user Likes Chumps's post:
  • rino
(07-04-2020, 12:53 PM)Chumps Wrote: I'm literally confused af reading all this bullshit, server might be dead because people don't care about roleplay anymore, there's no aggressive going on either really so the other half is displeased, this community has just died. Its not what it used to be, people have gotten older have other shit to do aswell it happends. Nothing really to do about it. I've been in a community before FL that died off aswell because it was just same shit over and over again and if you as a player cannot make it fun for yourself then its not the staffs fault nor the owners. Even if you add new shit who really cares? its still the same server and even if you add new stuff people join for maybe a day or 2 and server will just die off again. Then starting a fucking debate about a small minecraft server do you people literally have nothing else to talk about? That minecraft server doesn't effect FL in any way so i don't see it as a problem. Try to give solutions not argue about useless shit that doesn't do anything. And if you're really here to find retarded small things to fight about then just leave whats the point of even staying if you don't like this place, not that hard to just move on and find a new place that fits you.

TLDR
 [Image: ZOfygkU.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zulu's post:
  • Mist
(07-04-2020, 11:30 AM)Yonno Wrote: It's depressive to see how many people dare blame it on updates, staff and whatnot.

On a roleplay server essentially all you'd need is your imagination and creativity. Fearless provides a plethora of tools to enhance your experience even more.
YOU as a player create your own fun by socializing with others. YOU as a player make this community a welcome place by socializing with others. This community has always been about player interaction, and it's sad to see that this seems to be forgotten so easily.

Go create your own content by coming up with new ideas for yourself to roleplay. Take initiative and create an event. Try something new. Go out there and interact with players you haven't interacted with before. Take a leap and include new people into your group. It's exactly those types of fresh experiences that make roleplay so unique, as roleplaying with every different person is a different experience.

thats the whole idea but u need players to be motivated, FL have not provided community wants ‘updates, staff and whatnot.’ so theyve left. Need to do shit so players want to play
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Molyneux481
(07-03-2020, 10:29 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:22 PM)Divey Wrote: My activity has been piss poor over the last 2 weeks because Minecraft has consumed my life, I won't lie. I play Minecraft with my mates once every year when a new update comes out hence my dwindling presence over the last 2 weeks. And that is definitely my bad. In terms of the actual server itself, as Conn stated - I'm not spending any additional money on it, nor am I wasting resources on it, there's free space which isn't being used hence I'm using it.

We've got a great team and I agree with everything you're saying and I'm happy to see people feel so strongly about the community to still be making threads like this. I barely comment on the forums but perhaps I should take upon more interaction, the reason I hate commenting is because it can come across as false promises. Let's just get shit done, which we are working towards. We had a certain plan in regards to updates in terms of releasing a few more before working on a GM switch (which we've had dialogue over a lot), but obviously that model isn't working and we need to work towards more updates - especially now that we can't rely on the boom of success after lockdown was initiated. Again, I can't say much other than hold tight. Actions are better than words and you'll just have to keep tabs on the updates section.

You've sat on your arse a lot longer than 2 weeks, 2 years would be more appropriate.

You've got limited time and I'm not going to lie to you or sugarcoat it for you, Divey.

Fearless is in decline, the playerbase is soaking up, and it's your responsibility as the owner to fix things, that's what this whole owner change thing was about, and I think you've lost your way on that. You really should engage with your community, because otherwise you're hiding behind a fake veil of "behind the scenes work". Players are demotivated which makes staff and developers demotivated, this stems from the higher ups being demotivated. It's a problem on all levels of this damn community, but it starts at the top.

Right now, there's no plan, just useless map change ideas and cosmetic changes which overall contribute to nothing of any value whatsoever, and uphold the pseudo-change mood. Get real and start making proper changes, host events more, go and improve development (actually pay them since I know you recently got a big $260 bump in 1 day).

Right now you're a bad owner who shows no care about his own community. Which is why you were made Owner in the first place, to be the owner to share care about the community. It's the same old leadership just with a new colour.

I'd say you're a shit owner, and many others would probably agree with me on that, try and change that. Do something. For once.

600iq brain power get my gorilla a super admin rank damn slime
The following 4 users Like god's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, User 21796, Molyneux481, Lewwings
(07-04-2020, 11:30 AM)Yonno Wrote: It's depressive to see how many people dare blame it on updates, staff and whatnot.

On a roleplay server essentially all you'd need is your imagination and creativity. Fearless provides a plethora of tools to enhance your experience even more.

-Snip-

I see where you're coming from but times have moved on. People on Garrys Mod expect regular updates and changes. I personally feel like the whole role playing attitude is dying on Garrys Mod it self. 

People don't want to spend 3 hours being a chef. Just look at all the City Rp servers on Garrys Mod. There all Dark Rp and mostly popular because of it. I'm not saying we need to be exactly like the others.

The new trend is more around  aggressive rp, fun and generally a good laugh. Throwing it on the playerbase is the wrong move. If a server doesn't bring in new ideas, the players will get bored and leave. Think of it as a business. Businesses are Constantly changing and adapting to bring in more customers. Fearless in my eyes have failed this for the past year. We should've had better Content, a new map or edited one and better staffing structure.
The following 1 user Likes Molyneux481's post:
  • Lewwings
Nuke it.
(07-03-2020, 10:22 PM)Divey Wrote: My activity has been piss poor over the last 2 weeks because Minecraft has consumed my life, I won't lie. I play Minecraft with my mates once every year when a new update comes out hence my dwindling presence over the last 2 weeks. And that is definitely my bad. In terms of the actual Minecraft server itself, as Conn stated - I'm not spending any additional money on it, nor am I wasting resources on it, there's free space which isn't being used hence I'm using it.

We've got a great team and I agree with everything you're saying and I'm happy to see people feel so strongly about the community to still be making threads like this. I barely comment on the forums but perhaps I should interact more, the reason I hate commenting is because it can come across as false promises. Let's just get shit done, which we are working towards. We had a certain plan in regards to updates in terms of releasing a few more before working on a GM switch (which we've had dialogue over a lot), but obviously that model isn't working and we need to work towards more updates - especially now that we can't rely on the boom of success after lockdown was initiated. Again, I can't say much other than hold tight. Actions are better than words and you'll just have to keep tabs on the updates section.

LOL.

No wonder Soul chose you to lead FL; you literally sound like soul'omg guys yes im sorry I've been inactive but I'll be active again'. He used to say the same shit every other week.

Cut the bullshit, you're not going to do anything because if you were you'd have done it by now. Pass FL along to someone else who cares for FL and is bothered to do something with FL rather than you throwing it down the shitter.
The following 1 user Likes Jimmy The's post:
  • Divey
Remove FL

FL bad
 [Image: ZOfygkU.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zulu's post:
  • Lewwings