FL DEAD
(07-03-2020, 10:14 PM)Conn Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:06 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:03 PM)Conn Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 09:51 PM)Zulu Wrote: lol imagine using peoples donation money to keep ya minecraft dedicated server up feelsbadman

[Image: 7pgfAws.png]

[Image: yAILcAi.png]

If the space isn't used on the dedicated server, why not. It doesn't affect anything on the FL side of things, so in this case, there's no issue really. The service, being the gmod servers, forums, etc, are all delivered, so it's quite naive to suggest that the money is purely being spent on MC.

There are obviously issues, we shouldn't shy away from that, and we need to do more with FL. Constructive criticism is good, name-calling and toxicity just adds to the problem.

I mean it could of does have an impact as the owner would rather spend time on that than his own server, so there is a definite effect on the "FL side of things", this isn't to bash the issue, it's genuine criticism.

To an extent, I'd agree. I also don't think that activity on the server can be strongly correlated to work done behind the scenes really, though. It's a fair argument to make, which he's perfectly capable of defending, I just don't believe that misconceptions should be passed around that we, as a collective team, aren't allowed to stray away from FL for any activity once in a while.

That said, more needs to be done, we have a great team of people who care, but many of whom who may feel quite dis-enchanted at the moment with the current goings of everything. I think it's down to a collection of issues, there isn't one simple fix or one simple scapegoat, whether we like that or not.

"Once in a while." Okay.
 [Image: ZOfygkU.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zulu's post:
  • Oliver
(07-03-2020, 10:15 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:03 PM)Conn Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 09:51 PM)Zulu Wrote: lol imagine using peoples donation money to keep ya minecraft dedicated server up feelsbadman

[Image: 7pgfAws.png]

[Image: yAILcAi.png]

If the space isn't used on the dedicated server, why not. It doesn't affect anything on the FL side of things, so in this case, there's no issue really. The service, being the gmod servers, forums, etc, are all delivered, so it's quite naive to suggest that the money is purely being spent on MC.

There are obviously issues, we shouldn't shy away from that, and we need to do more with FL. Constructive criticism is good, name-calling and toxicity just adds to the problem.

I mean it could of does have an impact as the owner would rather spend time on that than his own server, so there is a definite effect on the "FL side of things", this isn't to bash the issue, it's genuine criticism.

To an extent, I'd agree. I also don't think that activity on the server can be strongly correlated to work done behind the scenes really, though. It's a fair argument to make, which he's perfectly capable of defending, I just don't believe that misconceptions should be passed around that we, as a collective team, aren't allowed to stray away from FL for any activity once in a while.

That said, more needs to be done, we have a great team of people who care, but many of whom who may feel quite dis-enchanted at the moment with the current goings of everything. I think it's down to a collection of issues, there isn't one simple fix or one simple scapegoat, whether we like that or not.

"Once in a while." Okay.

Once in a while referring to one time period over the year.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

(07-03-2020, 10:17 PM)Conn Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:03 PM)Conn Wrote: If the space isn't used on the dedicated server, why not. It doesn't affect anything on the FL side of things, so in this case, there's no issue really. The service, being the gmod servers, forums, etc, are all delivered, so it's quite naive to suggest that the money is purely being spent on MC.

"Once in a while." Okay.

But the thing is people are paying for this dedicated server so that Fearless services remain up, not for the owner to have a private circle jerk with friends only.

#OPENTHESERVERTOTHEPUBLIC
The following 2 users Like Zulu's post:
  • Lewwings, Oliver
(07-03-2020, 10:19 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:06 PM)Lewwings Wrote: I mean it could of does have an impact as the owner would rather spend time on that than his own server, so there is a definite effect on the "FL side of things", this isn't to bash the issue, it's genuine criticism.

"Once in a while." Okay.

But the thing is people are paying for this dedicated server so that Fearless services remain up, not for the owner to have a private circle jerk with friends only.

i mean technically the owner owns the server and can do what he wants with them whether it's with a "private circle jerk" or not lol
(07-03-2020, 10:20 PM)richieb Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:14 PM)Conn Wrote: To an extent, I'd agree. I also don't think that activity on the server can be strongly correlated to work done behind the scenes really, though. It's a fair argument to make, which he's perfectly capable of defending, I just don't believe that misconceptions should be passed around that we, as a collective team, aren't allowed to stray away from FL for any activity once in a while.

"Once in a while." Okay.

i mean technically the owner owns the server and can do what he wants with them whether it's with a "private circle jerk" or not lol

You're only saying that because you're part of the circle jerk.
The following 2 users Like Zulu's post:
  • Oliver, Mist
(07-03-2020, 10:21 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:15 PM)Zulu Wrote: "Once in a while." Okay.

you were once !
My activity has been piss poor over the last 2 weeks because Minecraft has consumed my life, I won't lie. I play Minecraft with my mates once every year when a new update comes out hence my dwindling presence over the last 2 weeks. And that is definitely my bad. In terms of the actual Minecraft server itself, as Conn stated - I'm not spending any additional money on it, nor am I wasting resources on it, there's free space which isn't being used hence I'm using it.

We've got a great team and I agree with everything you're saying and I'm happy to see people feel so strongly about the community to still be making threads like this. I barely comment on the forums but perhaps I should interact more, the reason I hate commenting is because it can come across as false promises. Let's just get shit done, which we are working towards. We had a certain plan in regards to updates in terms of releasing a few more before working on a GM switch (which we've had dialogue over a lot), but obviously that model isn't working and we need to work towards more updates - especially now that we can't rely on the boom of success after lockdown was initiated. Again, I can't say much other than hold tight. Actions are better than words and you'll just have to keep tabs on the updates section.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 1 user Likes Divey's post:
  • max.
(07-03-2020, 10:21 PM)richieb Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:21 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:17 PM)Conn Wrote: Once in a while referring to one time period over the year.

you were once !

Are you el dumbo? When I played the Ink Sac MC server it wasn't on the FL dedicated server.
(07-03-2020, 10:14 PM)Conn Wrote: To an extent, I'd agree. I also don't think that activity on the server can be strongly correlated to work done behind the scenes really, though. It's a fair argument to make, which he's perfectly capable of defending, I just don't believe that misconceptions should be passed around that we, as a collective team, aren't allowed to stray away from FL for any activity once in a while.

"Once in a while." Okay.

Yeah, he owns something that's failing pretty damn fast, so maybe he should quit it while he's ahead and return his attention to what he wanted to do: being the owner of fearless.

Where's his plan, where's his activity, where's his care?

It's about time lots of people got real and took the community seriously, starting at the top, because we're not all blind sheep.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

[Image: tenor.gif]

calm down zulu
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
The following 1 user Likes Chumps's post:
  • RedPanda